“THIS HOTEL IS A DUMP!! RECENTLY RENOVATED YA RIGHT”

Quality Inn & Suites Fairview
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Fairview
Reviewed 15 March 2011

I was very displeased with the information that was given to me about this hotel. Before we booked our stay we were informed that this hotel was newly renovated, had plasma tvs in all of the rooms and was very clean.

When we arrived at the hotel the lobby first of all was very dingy looking and smelled of ciggeratte smoke and the restaurant off the lobby was not any better. The restaurant was very dark and unpleasant.

The room that was shown to us was very cold and to my opinion was NOT recently renovated. The beds and linnen seemed clean although the bathroom was DISGUSTING!! Mold in the corners of the tile all around the edges of the tile. The shower head was somewhat rusted and the shower enclosure looked like it was 10yrs old or more.

We have recently stayed at Quality Inn hotels in the past and have never had any issues. We were very suprised to have an encounter as terrible as this one with this hotel chain.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank bdiamond

Reviewed 18 February 2011

Stayed there with three teenage girls as it was close to Presque Isle. I checked in with the younger daughter as the others stayed at the beach. First the lobby smelled of grease and cigarette smoke. We got into our room which was a "suite" - big laugh there, small fridge with tiny microwave on top and a bar full of cigarette burns. The room smelled of musty mold and smoke. I speficially asked for a non-smoking room due to a daughter with allergies. We returned to the room later to find a man directly across the hall, sitting in the doorway of his room chain smoking. The parking lot had several men sitting on their work trucks drinking beer - it was horrible. We went directly to the front desk and checked out. This place should be tore down and rebuilt.

1  Thank Hannah15317
Reviewed 6 January 2011

My girlfriend and I needed to be in Erie on a Friday night, and wanted to visit our daughter in Cleveland on Saturday, so we decided to get a room for the night. We chose this hotel based on price and the fact that it was west of Erie and close to I-90.

This being a non-highrise hotel, I was surprised that it had 130+ rooms. When the gentleman at the front desk told us "You'll be staying in the rear of the hotel in a sub-level room," I figured it out. Believe it or not, we were staying in what was technically a basement!

The room smelled damp and musty, and was well-worn. BUT... it was clean, and relatively spacious. Plus, one of the benefits of being in the basement was the quiet.

The following morning, we got up and opened the curtains to check the weather. We looked up (remember -- basement room, so it was a window at the top of the wall) and were greeted by a college football team doing their morning stretching in the parking lot right outside our window.

The breakfast buffet was ok. It appeared that even some locals came for the buffet. But... just ok.

All in all, clean, quiet room, friendly staff and decent breakfast. We got what we paid for, and pretty much what we expected. Would probably stay there again, but would specifiy NO BASEMENT!

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Parksy52
Reviewed 26 September 2010

This was the most horrible hotel my wife and I had ever stayed. The outside, entrance, hallways, restaurant and stairways were are smelly and looked awful. The surrounding area looked depressed and not safe. Lobby person didn't have even elementary interest in doing his work. He really had an attitude of care less what we need or wanted - very unprofessional. Please stay somewhere else. I wouldn't recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank FirstUSA
Reviewed 26 August 2010

This was the most horrible hotel I have every stayed at. The only nice thing I can say about it was that the room was nice looking. However, the outside, entrance, hallways, restaurant and stairways are absolutely horrible. The shower kept going from scalding hot to freezing cold every few seconds. The restaurant is dirty and nasty and the "Free" breakfast was disgusting. My children begged me to take them to McDonalds and not make them eat there. The pool is located at the edge of the parking lot and surrounded by overgrown bushes which makes it hard to figure out that there is even a pool there. The surrounding area is a graffiti filled deserted area. All the staff are sloppily dressed and act like they could care less what you need or want. The person that checked me in was a frizzy haired unshaven guy. Very unprofessional. Please stay somewhere else. I only wish I had taken pictures to show how horrible this place was.

1  Thank palbert12
Reviewed 21 August 2010

Please, please, please, do not believe the pictures online of this place. Upon pulling in drive my son said " Wow Mom, you dropped the ball on this one"....I was shocked. It did nto even RESEMBLE the place on priceline. The sleeping area was so dusty I wrote "DIRTY" on tv screen. The bathroom had mold...mold...and more MOLD. I told MGR and he said " Room has been cleaned" .....free breakfast is free....because no one can eat it. The swimming pool in the photo looks nothin like the nasty "swimming hole" in the PARKING LOT! Also, you are in a graffiti happy part of town, that I would not walk to my car in after 6pm, let alone go for a swim in the pool in the parking lot. I did nto pay for a cheap seedy motel......that is what I got. I contacted Quality Inn HR and never heard back from them. I have went as far as contacting BBB. You will regret staying here, please don't.

Reviewed 5 May 2010

Outside is shady, you need to walk thro. smoking area hallway before you can reach your non-smoking room. room and bedding is ok, shower and washroom facility is not acceptable when you are paying $100/night. It said there is internet, but they told me you only can get it in lobby. The worst is breakfast, restaurant is dark, needs good lighting and renovation. food is horrible and supply is limited. There is only scramble egg and dried tea biscuits, orange juice with funny taste. They said it is a buffet breakfast but I need to order my toasts. I am not a picky person. And it is not my first time stay in quality inn. But this Quality inn has to check their quality. Don't expect you will save money in staying in here, you will get a better one under the same price

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled with friends
1  Thank sleepyhead81_8
Also consider these accommodations in or near Fairview
Red Roof Inn Erie
#1 of 2 in Edinboro
SpringHill Suites Erie
Wingate by Wyndham Erie
Home2 Suites By Hilton Erie, PA

Been to Quality Inn & Suites Fairview? Share your experiences!