“Wealthy sheltered families stay away.”

Quality Inn & Suites Fairview
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Fairview
Reviewed 27 May 2013

I have been reading the reviews and kind of laugh because most of these people want to pay 10$ for 5 star services in a tourist type area. You get what you pay for ya know? Check prices of the other hotels in the area which are almost 100$ more then this place was. I go to hotels to sleep as my business is elsewhere During the day. This hotel is not a resort by any means so do not assume a luxurious room. I also want to point out as I have diamond status with choice hotels and stay in hotels more then 100 days a year that using those online companies rip you off. Call the hotel directly so that you get the amenities you want. Expedia and Hotels.com are not affiliated with the hotels you book through them. Expedia will put you in the first available room regardless of your preference of smoking or non. If you read the fine print it states that. Getting upset at someone who works for probably minimum wage at something that is the customers fault is quite sad as a human being. Calling people liars when they are speaking the truth is also a shame. Again this hotel is a nice place to sleep and have breakfast but other then that not worth the stay. But getting upset out of your own ignorance is silly. Do your research and don't book last minute and you will have better options then this place.

• Stayed: April 2013

Reviewed 20 May 2013

I booked through expedia and there was nowhere that is asked if we wanted a smoking or non smoking room, when we arrived they said that we had a smoking room ( we do not smoke) the hotel clerk would not change it and said it was expedia"s fault and we would have to take it up with them. While we were checking in the floor underneath us was vibrating because there was a band playing in the basement, it was really loud. The room was very musty and smelt awful, we had to open the windows all night in order to be able to breath well. Their were a pile of dirty socks in the hall way and ashtrays full of smoke butts. As soon as we checked in ( 10pm ) we decided to go to the rundown restaurant attached to see if we could get a glass of wine to take to our room, the girl was rude and told us they were closed and we had to go to the basement were the loud band was playing to get a drink, so we decided to go back to our room without any. People were running up and down the hallway screaming at 6am the people next door turned on their tv and because the walls were paper thin it felt like the tv was in our room, people were screaming outside in the early hours of the morning. The only thing good about the breakfast was the coffee, the food was cold and not edible at all. I wish I had slept in my car instead of this hotel !!

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 29 March 2013

We stayed there for several nights recently while fishing Elk Creek. I was turned off by the general run down condition of the property, including a 12 inch diameter black mold stain and rusted door frame at the bathroom door, a significant wine stain on the rug, and a cigarette burn on the coverlet (in a nonsmoking room). On the other hand, the bed was comfortable. The folks were friendly. The free made-to-order breakfast was a great start to the day. I may stay here again but there are better options 2 exits east on I-90

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 21 November 2012

We booked this hotel for our annual shopping trip to Erie and Grove City. We have found that Erie hotels can be hit or miss, and this one was definitely a miss.

The hotel is close enough the Peach Street area, just two miles or so away.
As we approached the hotel, we were shocked at how run down it was on the outside. Absolutely terrIble.
The lobby was small, not inviting at all. The desk clerk was very friendly. We checked in and were told our room was around the side, room 112.
When we pulled around the building, again, we were shocked at how run down the property was. At this point we knew we had made a mistake, but it was too late. The hallways were dark, dirty, and smelled bad.
Our room was a smoking room, but the smell of stale cigarette smoke went beyond anything we have ever experienced. The carpets were stained with what looked like blood, the wallpaper was peeling everywhere. The bathroom was not cleaned well, and the toilet didn't flush.
The second night of our stay, I was kept awake by other guests who appeared to be having a party in a nearby room, blasting country music, and talking loudly and drunkenly in the hallways.

On the plus side, the hotel was close to everything. The bed was probably the most comfortable hotel bed I've ever slept on, the sheets were so soft and the pillows were just right. The water pressure in the shower was awesome, even if the temperature went from hot to cold every time someone in another room flushed their toilet.

My recommendation: find somewhere else to spend your hard earned money. This hotel is ready for demolition. The owners should be ashamed that they keep this property in such poor condition.

I should note that we had read the reviews prior to booking. We didn't expect it to be this bad.
We also did not take advantage of the free buffet breakfast.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank tikitanna
Reviewed 19 November 2012

We stayed here on a break driving back to Canada and will not stay here again. We had spoke to someone on the phone and asked for first floor, a refrigerator and a microwave as we have to babies and would need these amenities, we were disappointed to find we had to bring all our pack and plays and baby needs up to the second floor (no elevators) and when we arrived to our room we had no fridge or microwave. The heater in our room made a nasty vibrating noise when it was on and if we left it on it would get so muggy in the room that we couldn't breath. The bathtub plug was really difficult to use as well. The security level was low as well, as anyone could enter the hotel through the unlocked entrances. The breakfast was the best part and the servers were pleasant. I would not stay here again. The area near the hotel is also very isolated. Everything is run down and is very scary at night.

Room Tip: If you are a non smoker stay away from the Saloon
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 17 November 2012

My husband and I just returned from a one night stay. The purpose of our trip was shopping in the Erie area. We were concerned about the reviews we read but because it was a last minute trip and there didn't seem to be too much available in the area at a price we were willing to pay, we decided to try it. So first off, it is not is the main hotel area of Erie and is in a rather isolated area (on outskirts, dark, less traffic). It is close to the highway interchange. A "saloon" is part of the hotel and the smoke from the saloon permeates the main building. Seems to be popular with hunters and fishermen. A woman by herself would likely not feel comfortable here. There is one separate building outback which isn't smoky and has larger rooms. We stayed in this building. The room we had was a good size but needs renovation and repair. The only real plus about the room was that the bed was pretty comfortable. The main issue we had was the noise of the heating system's fan. During the night, every time the heater would come on it woke me up. It was so loud. The shower on/off pull was very hard to pull out and needs repair. The breakfast was okay but limited. The plastic forks and knives, paper cups and foam plates and bowls fit the style of the hotel! We will not stay here again.

Room Tip: Try a different hotel
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 November 2012

I stayed overnight at the Quality Inn during a reccent fishing trip. The motel is in need of renovation. The hallways and entrances were in bad condition. The room was clean and the price was low. I ate at the "lounge" and the food was less than desirable. They served a complimentary breakfast in the morning which wasn't bad. I guess considering the bargain price, I got what I paid for.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled solo
Also consider these accommodations in or near Fairview
Red Roof Inn Erie
Red Roof Inn Erie
#6 of 38 in Erie
SpringHill Suites Erie
Home2 Suites By Hilton Erie, PA
Quality Inn & Suites Conference Center

Been to Quality Inn & Suites Fairview? Share your experiences!