“Nasty, Smelly, Dirty Stay Away”

Quality Inn & Suites Fairview
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Fairview
Reviewed 8 August 2013

Traveling from Nashville to NY we wanted to push on past Cleveland before we stopped. This was a mistake. There are few places to stay between Cleveland and Erie. I found this place online and it looked OK. I've stayed at Quality Inns before and realized you take a chance b/c some are good and some bad. I thought because this was an Inn and Suites, it would be all right. BIG MISTAKE. When we got off the exit, the area looks like a run down slum. The hotel is surrounded by empty lots and abandoned gas stations, restaurants, and businesses.

I see Qaquacker paid $135 and felt it wasn't worth it. We paid only $76 and it wasn't worth that. The first room they put us in was filthy and smelled of urine. the second room was better but borderline smell of air freshener. Security locks on exterior doors were disabled, the place was wide open, hallways stunk of must and mold in the am and cigarette smoke in the pm.

I realized the door on the room didn't always lock and had to try closing it several times and check to see if held. This place has run down to basically a rough truck stop for independent truckers. There were many trucks in the parking lot but none were from the large truck lines. The restaurant was dark and basically a bar. The breakfast in the am was minimal. If it wasn't so late we would have moved on but decided to stick it out and get out early. The pool area had an abandoned outdoor bar, BBQ and fire pits. It looked like this may have been a nice place 10 years ago but definitely not a place you want to stay at now.

Room Tip: The best tip I can give is to stay in Erie or Cleveland. Avoid this area.
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family

Reviewed 27 July 2013 via mobile

Nothing left in Erie. Stopped here for night had been promising grandchild a swim. Small, clean pool; he had a blast. Older motel; paper thin walls. Friendly staff and a great homemade breakfast buffet.

• Stayed: July 2013
1  Thank BedsideManor
Reviewed 25 July 2013

Let me start out by saying that we have stayed at Quality Inns in the past and realize there are things you sacrifice when stepping down to the less expensive types of hotels. We ended up paying $135 for a room in the lower level of this hotel. Upon arrival, check in was very quick and the lobby looked fantastic. Don't be deceived, the lobby is the best looking part of this hotel. On the way to our room, the first thing we noticed was every door in the hallway was dented and beaten up. The carpet was dirty and it smelled musty. I understand you don't spend too much time in the hallways but again, it's part of the total experience. Once inside our room, at first glance it seemed ok but the more we settled in, the more we noticed. Mold, rust, cob-webs, bees and bugs in the curtains, beat up furniture, dirty tub, and the musty smell. The mirrors were streaked to a point of having to wipe them down with a hand towel to see in them. On a positive note, the linens were clean, the bed was comfortable and the breakfast was cold but ok. Because there was some kind of Roar by the Shore thing going on in this area, my thoughts were that perhaps these were the overflow rooms that are not used too often? The ice machines were constantly empty too but I noticed people filling up coolers with no regard for other people's needs. Would I stay here again? Probably not. We have stayed at several other hotels in the area that were so much nicer and cleaner (and yes, more expensive). To this traveller, it is worth the extra $40 or so to stay in a cleaner hotel with no odor and NO MOLD!.

Room Tip: Request an upper level floor. Perhaps you will have better luck!
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 July 2013

We were not able to find any vacancies at Erie, so we ended up at this hotel, two exits further west. I was skeptical, as the area around the hotel is on the decline. We were very pleasantly surprised. The room was very clean. The linens were crisp and the bed was quite comfy. Breakfast was included. It was not served with all the fancy wrappers but the buffet of eggs, pancakes, biscuits and gravy and oatmeal was good and restocked frequently to ensure freshness. The hostess was friendly and attentive. There was an outdoor pool and it looked quite nice, although it involved walking across the parking lot to get to it.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 27 May 2013

I have been reading the reviews and kind of laugh because most of these people want to pay 10$ for 5 star services in a tourist type area. You get what you pay for ya know? Check prices of the other hotels in the area which are almost 100$ more then this place was. I go to hotels to sleep as my business is elsewhere During the day. This hotel is not a resort by any means so do not assume a luxurious room. I also want to point out as I have diamond status with choice hotels and stay in hotels more then 100 days a year that using those online companies rip you off. Call the hotel directly so that you get the amenities you want. Expedia and Hotels.com are not affiliated with the hotels you book through them. Expedia will put you in the first available room regardless of your preference of smoking or non. If you read the fine print it states that. Getting upset at someone who works for probably minimum wage at something that is the customers fault is quite sad as a human being. Calling people liars when they are speaking the truth is also a shame. Again this hotel is a nice place to sleep and have breakfast but other then that not worth the stay. But getting upset out of your own ignorance is silly. Do your research and don't book last minute and you will have better options then this place.

• Stayed: April 2013
Reviewed 20 May 2013

I booked through expedia and there was nowhere that is asked if we wanted a smoking or non smoking room, when we arrived they said that we had a smoking room ( we do not smoke) the hotel clerk would not change it and said it was expedia"s fault and we would have to take it up with them. While we were checking in the floor underneath us was vibrating because there was a band playing in the basement, it was really loud. The room was very musty and smelt awful, we had to open the windows all night in order to be able to breath well. Their were a pile of dirty socks in the hall way and ashtrays full of smoke butts. As soon as we checked in ( 10pm ) we decided to go to the rundown restaurant attached to see if we could get a glass of wine to take to our room, the girl was rude and told us they were closed and we had to go to the basement were the loud band was playing to get a drink, so we decided to go back to our room without any. People were running up and down the hallway screaming at 6am the people next door turned on their tv and because the walls were paper thin it felt like the tv was in our room, people were screaming outside in the early hours of the morning. The only thing good about the breakfast was the coffee, the food was cold and not edible at all. I wish I had slept in my car instead of this hotel !!

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 29 March 2013

We stayed there for several nights recently while fishing Elk Creek. I was turned off by the general run down condition of the property, including a 12 inch diameter black mold stain and rusted door frame at the bathroom door, a significant wine stain on the rug, and a cigarette burn on the coverlet (in a nonsmoking room). On the other hand, the bed was comfortable. The folks were friendly. The free made-to-order breakfast was a great start to the day. I may stay here again but there are better options 2 exits east on I-90

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Fairview
Red Roof Inn Erie
Comfort Inn
Comfort Inn
#25 of 38 in Erie
Quality Inn & Suites Conference Center

Been to Quality Inn & Suites Fairview? Share your experiences!