Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Allentown-Fogelsville
US$186
Hotels.com
Comfort Inn Lehigh Valley West(Allentown)(Great Value!)
US$87
Fairfield Inn
US$121
US$128
Lehigh Motor Inn(Allentown)
No availability for your dates from our partners
All reviewscracker barreldorney parkroom was largecomfortable bedsthird flooran overnight staywaffle makerjacuzzi tubsofa bedking suitelocation was perfectoff the highwayfront desk clerkone night staywafflesallentownmicrowave
Reviewed 25 October 2008

We stopped at this hotel on the way home from a trip to the Roanoke, VA, area. We had visited Cabela's and it was about half-way home. I picked this hotel because of the beautiful facility they have in Burlington, VT, that I've enjoyed on several occasions. I was disappointed because it wasn't the same type of room, but on the other hand I didn't check out exactly what I was getting, I just expected the same. Upon arrival, there were problems with the outside lighting which the front desk person did everything she could to resolve. The room was clean and everything was fine. Breakfast was "ok", but not up to the standards of the Burlington location. I would stay here again.

• Stayed: October 2008, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 May 2007

One of the few hotels I stayed at where there was absolutely nothing wrong. Great price for a King Bed Suite (book ahead, prices go up if bookings are strong). AC worked great with no noise. Clean, decently decorated. Good breakfast buffet. Will always try to stay here when in the area. Craker Barrel restaurant next door is an added plus.

• Stayed: April 2007, travelled on business
1  Thank Coon_Rapids_Traveler
Reviewed 18 April 2007

We stayed here in 2005 for our son's birth day. He likes to go to the Cabelas about 15-20 miles away. We tried to stay at a hotel closer but they were booked and we were recommended to stay here (I guess they're affiliated). The lobby area was nice and spacious. Our room was beautiful. Very spacious and comfortable. There was even a handy kitchen area. A hot breakfast buffet was offered every morning, FREE!!!!! They even allowed a late check-out on weekends - noon! There was a cracker barrel and a handful of fastfood restaurants in the same parking lot as the hotel.

We stayed again the following year and while still satisfied, we noticed a slight decline. The hotel changed ownership/management. We noticed the outside of the hotel needed a fresh coat of paint, or a good pressure wash. The room was still nice however we noticed some minor glitches. The handle to the closet door was missing so we could not open/close it. We tried to get the handle replaced-no deal. My son opened the curtain and the curtain pull snapped in half. That's when we decided to fill out the comment card, only to find a dead bug lying inside of it. Apparently housekeeping doesen't check things like this. I will say the beds were still comfortable and the bathroom/kitchen area was still nice. The breakfast was the same-no complaints there. The fitness room was just as nice too. One of the reasons we returned to this hotel was because of the late check-out, apparently the new owners took it away. Bummer.

While this hotel had its defects on our second stay, it was still a good place for the money and we probably will return. I just hope the new owners don't become too careless and let the place turn into a dump.

• Stayed: February 2005, travelled with family
4  Thank OceanCityFAN
Reviewed 29 October 2006

This hotel was rated well on this site but.........I definately would not go back. The Comfort Inn across the street is much better. We stayed at the Comfort Inn for our second night in the area.
The people at the Hawthorne were very nice but the room itself was shabby! There was black grease on the carpet and everything was just worn. The beds were soft and sagging. They had a ok breakfast with scrabbled eggs and bacon. I think that is what drew all the construction workers that were there. The little kitchen with fridge, microwave and small fridge, would be convient but overall I was not impressed with the conditions of the hotel.

• Stayed: October 2006, travelled on business
Reviewed 15 September 2006

I've stayed at this hotel twice, and both stays were very satisfying. The staff is very nice. The rooms are spacious, nicely decorated, clean, and comfortable. There is a little kitchen area containing a microwave, micro-fridge, coffee maker and sink. I thought the hallways were a bit narrow, but at least they weren't littered and dirty like in most hotels. The maids even re-organized my toiletries (they were scattered all over the sink counter when I left) Every morning hot breakfast is served in the lobby. Pancakes, french toast sticks, sausage, bacon, eggs, hashbrowns, cereals, toast, danish's, bagels, english muffin's, hot chocolate, tea, coffee, and a large variety of juices are offered. There is a 24 hour fitness room, but unfortunately there is no pool. The hotel is located in a mini-shopping center with lots of fast food restaurants and a Cracker Barell. All this for only $69 per night! Wonderful hotel!

• Stayed: August 2006