“Do Not Recommend”

Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in Fort Washington
SCHENECTADY, United States
“Do Not Recommend”
Reviewed 17 June 2014

Many cleaning problems. Staff not trained enough. Beds not made by the second day of stay. Lobby smells of harsh cleaning fluids. Not up to Best Western Hotels quality. Very embarrassed to have my family members staying in another room. Will not stay there again. Did not feel comfortable staying here.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

RaviFt_Washington, General Manager at Best Western Fort Washington Inn, responded to this review, 19 June 2014
Hello Janice,

Thank you for reviewing our property, I apologize for not making your stay comfortable.
I remember when you talked to me about the inconvenience and I comped your room and gave free night to compensate your inconveniences and you accepted my offer and agreed upon.

We will take your experience as an opportunity for us to make some changes and to ensure the quality and cleanliness of our rooms. I hope you change your mind and stay with us again.

Thanks

Ravi Verma

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Gloversville
Reviewed 16 June 2014

The group sales representative here, Judy, was a great help to our group making setting up the stay for our 8th grade girl's team painless. Staff was very helpful & the facilities were clean & up to date. The free breakfast was very good with a nice variety. The woman who worked in the breakfast room on Saturday was very outgoing & the young man on Sunday was quieter but both kept everything well stocked & clean for us. Nice job. I was glad to see tp see tip jar in breakfast area.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends

1 Thank barbarabR7828AD
Reviewed 13 June 2014

My husband and I read some bad reviews for this hotel and I was worried about having booked the room. But our experience was wonderful. We requested a quiet room on the top floor and the staff went out of their way to make sure we were satisfied. The breakfast was a nice surprise. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family

Chicago
Reviewed 6 June 2014

After a 4 hour flight delay and an hour and a half drive to the hotel, I walked into the hotel at 12:20am. I was beat. All I wanted was a shower and bed as I had a 5:45 wake up call. The desk attendant insisted on signing me up for the rewards program... Really? At that hour? The furnishings were dated and overall the appearance was shabby. The room was similar and it looked as if the linens were just smoothed over and not changed/cleaned. Honestly, I was too tired to argue, so I did my best to sleep. Never again. Would rather pay double and be in comfort.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
RaviFt_Washington, General Manager at Best Western Fort Washington Inn, responded to this review, 9 June 2014
Dear Swoobs,
Thank you for writing a review about your recent stay with us. I apologize for any inconvenience you may encountered. I understand how this may have left you frustrated and I can assure you this experience is not representative of the service we expect to provide. Your comment have been taken not of and I am confident that our hotel will take necessary action to improve guest satisfaction.

Sincerely

Travellers are raving about these Fort Washington hotels

Merrillville, Indiana
Reviewed 29 May 2014

We arrived very late,Our rooms were very crisp and clean with comfy bed.
Internet connection with super hi speed.The breakfast was full of varieties.
The General Manager was talking to each guest and getting their feedback
There is a Subway store in same parking lot.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Minneapolis, Minnesota
Reviewed 28 May 2014

This hotel needs to clean its stairways, they are filthy with spilled liquids and dirt. A pool was listed on the website, however the pool probably has not had swimming water in it for years. Take the pool listing off the information! I stayed there for 6 nights from Wednesday evening to Tuesday morning. On Saturday evening, my room key no longer worked! The lobby was extremely busy with only one person at the desk. A second person showed up to help out but did not know how to make my room key work again. Get the staff trained.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Indianapolis, United States
Reviewed 27 May 2014

I only write a few reviews per year and only when the experience was exceptionally good or bad. My last stay unfortunately was a bad one. The hotel appearance and staff were fine but the condition of our room was disgusting. There was a nasty mildew smell in the bathroom. When I pulled out the sofa sleeper for my kids to go to sleep is when I realized there was no bedding on it. I called the front desk and informed them of the problem and was told to come down to get the bedding and that I would need to make up the bed myself as all house cleaning staff was already gone for the night. I decided to check the main bed to make sure it was made up before going downstairs. When I pulled back the sheet I noticed long dark hairs and some pubic hair stuck to many areas of both sheets. I immediately called the front desk and was told I could move to another room. I moved my family into another room at 11 pm and made it to the wedding I was attending the next day, just a little tired. The second day our room was not cleaned at all and when I called the front desk around 9 pm I was told there were no clean towels available but could come to the front desk after 7 am to get some. I would recommend to anyone staying in the area to look at the Holiday Inn as it is only a couple blocks down the street. I won't be staying here ever again.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family

1 Thank Chris B
RaviFt_Washington, General Manager at Best Western Fort Washington Inn, responded to this review, 29 May 2014
Hello Chris B,

Thank you sharing the feedback with us. I am sorry to hear that you did not enjoy your stay at our hotel. I do hope that you change your mind and decide to stay with us again. I assure you that we can make your stay relaxing and enjoyable.

Thanks

Also consider these accommodations in or near Fort Washington
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Ft. Washington - Philadelphia
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Ft....
#2 of 3 in Fort Washington
Hilton Garden Inn Philadelphia/Ft. Washington
Best Western Plus The Inn at King of Prussia
Best Western Plus The Inn at Kin...
#2 of 16 in King of Prussia
Candlewood Suites Philadelphia / Willow Grove
SpringHill Suites Philadelphia Willow Grove
Days Inn Horsham Philadelphia

Been to Best Western Fort Washington Inn? Share your experiences!