“A truly hidden gem!”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 25 June 2014

This place is puts the "hidden" in hidden gem. It's tucked away in an old train station ticket building down a little private driveway off of Bethlehem Pike (across from Rich's Deli). The parking and seated is very limited, but they do take reservations. I highly recommend reservations if you're coming with 4+ people, or on a mother's/father's day. The food is awesome! The portions are very filling and they're not overpriced at all, especially considering they use local ingredients and make a lot of their food from scratch! Since I found this place, I've been back 3 times in less than one month; twice for Sunday Brunch (Brunch is only on the weekends) and I called in once time for take-out lunch midweek.

There are newer reviews for Hungry Bear Cafe

Reviewed 28 May 2014

Grabbed lunch here one day. Very much enjoyed the grilled cheddar with tomato. The soup was also quite good. I will definitely go back and try their brunch if I get the chance.

Reviewed 18 May 2014

I Googled best brunch in Philadelphia area. There were obviously a lot of selections. However I did not feel like going downtown and dealing with traffic. So I looked at places closer to me. This place came up and there pictures of their entrees on the menu. My pregnant girlfriend had a craving for a large quantity of food and their brunch was open until 4. We went there and was not disappointed. The portions were great sized. The service was friendly and knowledgeable. The owner came out to speak with us and that was impressive. I will definitely go back. The only thing was finding it was a little bit of a challenge. But once you do it is certainly worth the trip.

Reviewed 8 March 2014

My husband and I went for brunch after recommendation from a friend.
The cafe is located by the Fort Washington train station on Bethlehem Pike.
Small restaurant but interesting menu.
I loved the unsweetened ice tea option.
Enjoyed the mushroom omlette with toast and my husband ordered the fried chicken sandwich.
Would like to try some of the items on the dinner menu not served for lunch of brunch.
Will be back again.

Reviewed 20 February 2014

Hard to find, easy to park when you find it. Ordered wild berry pancakes. Did not see any berries. I should have said something right away, but kept looking for the berries. Finally asked the server and he said "You wanted the wild berry pancakes? Sorry, I will take it off your bill." He had served me buttermilk pancakes. (Three really large pancakes on a very small plate. When I tried to put syrup on the three very large pancakes it spilled onto the table because it was served on a small plate. Does not make sense to me.) But, I digress...he did not remove the pancakes from my bill, instead he brought me a free desert that was not very good. I live in Ft. Washington and will not be going back.