“Ok hotel”
Review of Foxburg Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Foxburg
Foxburg Inn
Ranked #1 of 1 Foxburg B&B and Inns
Reviewed 11 August 2014

Stayed here one night on August 10-11 in a ground floor room overlooking the garden area. The hotel grounds are nice and we'll kept. The room was very musty so we immediately turned on the ac unit, which did help. The room was large and clean with a coffee maker, fridge and microwave. The only complaint I had was that the water in the shower was not very hot, just warm. We ate at the restaurant next door and were not impressed .

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank sunnytan1215

Reviewed 4 August 2014

First let me start by saying I spend on average around 175-225 nights a year in hotels across the US and Canada, mostly related to business travel. I rarely post negative reviews, as I try and keep my energy positive, but I feel as though people should strongly consider calling this hotel prior to booking a weekend stay, to ask if a Friday or Saturday wedding is scheduled at the Inn. My wife and I stayed here Friday August 1st, 2014. We checked in around 1030pm, and the first thing I noticed was a very strong smell of must in our ground floor room. If I were to stay here again, I'd request a second level room or higher. We could hear live music from our room, and decided to go to the Foxburg Restaurant just next door for a night cap, and happened to run into another couple we knew. We enjoyed some great wine, before calling it a night around 1130pm. That's when it got really CRAZY! Once we returned to our room, there was a full blown, out of control alcohol type frat party going on in the courtyard just outside our room. Being 11:30pm, I decided to give it another 30 minutes thinking hotel security would quiet it down around midnight. Well, apparently the Foxburg Inn has no security, as the party just got louder, and loude, with women screaming, and men howling at the moon! Around 1am, I had enough, I opened our second door to the river area, and saw young men and women in clearly advanced stages of inebriation, and dress, playing music with the volume as loud as it would go, dancing, screaming, and vomiting, all over the place! I called the little old lady at the front desk, for the number to the State Police, and she seemed SURPISED a party was even going on? Apparently her hearing aide was turned off. She assured me, she could take care of the situation, or she would call her manager. Well, the party did seem to quiet down SLIGHTLY, but within 30 minutes, the freak show was back on! I made a second call to the front desk, and I believe I may have woken the old gal up, as she was a little confused as to why I was calling? I again explained, that there was an out of control party, at her hotel, at what was now well after 2:30am! Again she seemed surprised? The Foxburg Inn is a beautiful property, and probably a great place to stay, when a wedding is not on the property. At the very least, I believe we should have been warned of the potential for mayhem before booking, as we would have chosen a local bed & breakfast.

Room Tip: Wifi reception and speed very slow, and choppy at ground floor level, room 106.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank TodVogelsang
Reviewed 27 July 2014

We stayed in one of the suites. The room was furnished nicely. Our room had a door to the deck over looking the river. It was a nice view and it was a cool evening, so we enjoyed sitting on the deck. The bathroom had a large jet tub, large enough for two, and a separate shower. It also had a microwave and a small refrigerator. We enjoyed the stay, except for the bed, it was not very comfortable for my wife or myself. Overall, I would recommend it.

Room Tip: Choose the Suite.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 July 2014

Amazing hotel with views overlooking the river. The service is outstanding. The rooms are perfect. I suggest booking early if you want a Jacuzzi suite with a fireplace. This is the perfect romantic getaway. Enjoy fabulous dinning in the restaurant next door, wine tastings a live music at the winery across the way. The next morning you can walk to the little café and enjoy the most amazing breakfast. Don't forget to stop in the chocolate shop for some homemade goodies or even an espresso. And you must stop by the Library to experience the history room of this quaint little town. Perfect! I make this a yearly experience.

Room Tip: Call ahead to reserve the Jacuzzi suites as they only have three of them.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 July 2014

The location of the Foxburg Inn along the Allegheny River creates the perfect haven. The rooms are clean and spacious and very comfortable. The property is landscaped beautifully. My work trip felt more like a vacation than a business trip!

Room Tip: All rooms have a river view. First floor rooms open right onto the spacious deck overlooking the ri...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 5 July 2014

The Foxburg Inn is a 7 yr old 23 room motel/inn, it is NOT a hotel... It is perfectly suited to its surroundings and takes advantage of its location on the banks of the Allegheny River
2nd and 3rd floor rooms entered through indoor corridor, 1st floor entered through outdoor courtyard. 2nd and 3rd floor rooms have picture window views of Allegheny river. Personally i think the 1st floor rooms 104-108 are the best as they have a door that leads onto a very oversized patio with chairs and tables w/umbrellas. View of the river meandering by is quite relaxing..the night we were there , i believe there were 15 people out on the deck. Rooms are fine, nothing special. TV has cable but no premiums liek HBO.
It is a 27 in and for size of the room a 32 in would have been more appropriate but it was still fine to watch shows..(we are getting spoiled by our large screen TV;s at home).
Value/Price is nothing special, the inn is NOT a bargain but is worth an overnight stay. Rails to trails biking begins at end of parking lot which is a ncie feature. Great restaurant next door, pizza shop a couple steps away and a few fun shops to check out. Would be happy to return.

Room Tip: Rooms 104-108 have door from room leading onto oversized deck riverside. Not sure about 103.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank pghsteve
Reviewed 4 July 2014

We stayed here on a Saturday night and had a very pleasant time. Our room was on the first floor and had a door that opened up onto a lovely deck overlooking the Allegheny River. We were even treated to surprise fireworks from a neighboring town downriver. The front desk staff was very helpful. The bed and pillows were fine and it was very quiet at night. The hotel supplied us with 2 complimentary muffins, snack bars and bottled water. There were plenty of brochures in the lobby of things to do in the area. I would definitely stay here again. We went to Foxburg in order to ride the Rail to Trails on our bicycles. Dinner next door at the Allegheny Grill was WONDERFUL. Quaint town with a few shops to see - art gallery, chocolate shop, wine store with wine themed gifts and even a live band on Sat. afternoon.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple

Been to Foxburg Inn? Share your experiences!