“Nice for the price”

Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Frackville
VA
“Nice for the price”
Reviewed 13 June 2011

A group of us stayed here on our way to New York. The rooms were clean and the breakfast is very good--a lot of variety. There is a Cracker Barrel right across the street within walking distance from the hotel. The beds weren't the best as far as being comfortable, but were okay. The hotel is in a very small town, with very little around it, but is nice for a quick stay overnight.

• Stayed June 2011
NOBGeneralManager, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Frackville, responded to this review, 28 June 2011
We apprecite your review of our hotel. The staff is always pleased when their efforts are recognized. We hope you will stay with us again.
Noreen O'Boyle, CHA

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Cornelius, North Carolina
Reviewed 9 February 2011

This hotel is very nice considering the price. It seems relatively new and everything was clean. The staff was friendly and they served meatballs and soup in the evening; although I wasn't brave enough to try them it was a nice gesture. The location is right on the highway and right next to a cracker barrell. It worked great for business since it was close to the industrial park, but it's about 15 minutes from the town of pottsville. The mall that's nearby has a movie theater, but not much else. I'm not sure how it can even stay open. There's like 4 stores inside. My only complaint was a loud heater which my colleague also noticed in his room. I would definitely stay here again, it's easily the nicest hotel for miles.

• Stayed February 2011, travelled on business
NOBGeneralManager, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Frackville, responded to this review, 10 February 2011
Thank you for your kind review. We are actually 11 years old and constantly improving for the convenience of our guests. I will look into the heater issue.
Wood-Ridge, NJ
Reviewed 1 October 2010

Good location for folks visiting Knoebels Amusement Park, about 30 minutes away, but the nicest hotel in that area. Love that there's a Cracker Barrel right across the parking lot!! The front desk clerk was fantastic and offered us a kids free entree coupon for Cracker Barrel when she heard we hadn't eaten dinner yet at check-in. The room was a little cramped, but about the size you'd expect for a Holiday Inn Express. The hotel was very clean and has a exercise room with jacuzzi as well as a breakfast nook. I wish they had free coffee/tea 24x7, but it looks like it's only during breakfast hours. Like most Holiday Inn's these days, all the rooms have clearly labeled soft and firm pillows, which is a nice touch. Very nice place to stay.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled with family
1 Thank rodyk
Asheville, North Carolina
Reviewed 3 July 2010

I was very road weary. It was late, after midnight. The man Tom behind the desk showed absolutely no personality. I asked a question and he told me I was on my own pretty much. I asked him to immediately charge my debit card to avoid the holds my bank will put on it. He could easily do this with deposits paid. He said he could not. The room was only fair, it was quite clean, but only fair. If I find myself too tired to drive in Frackville again, I will find another place to stay.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled as a couple
Mobile, Alabama
Reviewed 3 July 2010

It's infested with rabbits and groundhogs to start with. I'm a gold member and I've stayed at a LOT of hotels. I've stayed at Super 8's better than this place. I left a very sentimental object at this hotel. I called promptly the next morning to ask about it only to be rudely informed that it had been thrown away. Now if I was a housekeeper and I found ANYTHING in a room that was not there before the guest arrived, I would keep it for at least a day or two. I called back to ask if the garbage had been picked up and the lady answering the phone didn't even go check. She immediately said, "Oh yes. It's been picked up".
I have two more weeks of travel that I'm stuck at this place. But if you can pick anywhere besides here to stay you'd be doing yourself a favor.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled on business
Mascoutah, IL
Reviewed 27 June 2010

New hotel with very friendly staff. Very good hot breakfast, well stocked and refreshed as needed. Cracker Barrel restaurant adjacent to parking lot.
Went to Knoebels amusement park--no admission fee, plenty of rides for young children, a couple of roller coasters, and you can bring your dog! Took clerk's recommendation to visit nearby Pottsville, the Yuengling brewery and Maroons restaurant. Great stay.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled with family
New York City, New York
Reviewed 21 August 2009

In brief: This is a fantastic hotel. We stayed here for one night. Check-in was quick. Everyone was friendly. Soup was offered at dinnertime. Room was clean. Beds comfy. Exceptional breakfast. If we come through this way again, I'd definitely stay here.

• Stayed August 2009, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Frackville
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Frackville (Pottsville)
Ramada Pottsville
#1 of 4 in Pine Grove
Residence Inn Hazleton
Residence Inn Hazleton
#3 of 8 in Hazleton

Been to Holiday Inn Express Frackville? Share your experiences!