“Wonderful Hotel” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Frackville
Albany, NY
“Wonderful Hotel”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 October 2011

We have stayed at the Holiday Inn at Frackville, several times. Each time has been a wonderful experience. It is clean, comfortable, quiet and the staff goes way above and beyond to make each guest feel welcome.

Room Tip: Any room is a good room.
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
NOBGeneralManager, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Frackville, responded to this review, 14 October 2011
I am pleased you have enjoyable stays at our property. Thank you for sharing that with TripAdvisor. I always appreciate hearing from guests. Good or bad it makes us a better place when we know what we do well or needs to be corrected..

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Frackville, Pennsylvania
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 September 2011

If there was a zero I would have chosen that. We never made it past the front desk. The young lady with the frowny face was completely rude and deliberately inconsiderate. Clearly, she does not enjoy her job in the service industry and would be better suited for something that does not involve talking to people or require polite conduct. In short, I went well out of my way to be treated poorly. Furthermore, the time and energy spent was an absolute waste and cost me a tremendous business opportunity. If you are reading this, do yourself a huge favor and check into the Country Inn and Suites at exit 119. They are much more professional and very accommodating.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled on business
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
NOBGeneralManager, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Frackville, responded to this review, 29 September 2011
Thank you for sharing your perception of my staff. I believe you were being informed that for your protection, our hotels protection and the protection of the company you work for, we could not allow you to use the credit card information found in the reservation to hold the room. Being PCI compliant and as per our policy if we do not have the physical card to swipe we require a third party authorization from the company stating if they will pay for room and tax only or room, tax and all incidentals. If the company pays only room and tax then it is the guests responsibility to provide their own credit card for incidentals. I understand you were in a hurry to get checked in and did not want to wait for us to fax your company but the staff takes our policies quite seriously even if it means at times losing business..

Upon your request you were given the name of the other hotel. I am glad you found your stay there to be enjoyable.
Raleigh, NC
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 September 2011

I stayed here for five nights while doing genealogy research on my ancestors from this area. During that time, the hotel staff experienced a couple trying incidents. First, the Internet connection was not working when I checked in. It was finally back on the evening before I left. Although disappointed in not having the Internet for days, the front desk staff kept me apprised of their calls to the internet service provider to get it fixed. Then came hurricane Irene! Lots of wind and rain forced some dampness and water into some of the rooms through the AC units. I had heard that some guests went ballistic on the front desk staff, as though they could stop it from happening. Through all these trying moments, everyone was pleasant and professional. Even without Internet capabilities for most of my stay, I still give this hotel the highest rating.

The breakfast buffet was EXCELLENT. It was the best variety and the tastiest food that I have ever had at comparable hotels. Each day they offered different hot entrees and they always carried the staples -- cereal, a variety of breads, biscuits, and danish, fruit, yogurt, and THE best hard-boiled eggs anywhere. Usually the hard-boiled eggs at hotels are hard and rubbery......not these. Coffee 24/7 was much appreciated. In the afternoon, I saw soup out and sometimes I was lucky enough to get a cookie. OK, enough about the food.

My hotel room was very clean when I checked in and it remained well maintained during my stay. The room was not outdated at all and even the carpet was clean enough for me to go barefoot. I almost always wear flip-flops or socks in the room so my feet don't touch the carpet but that was not necessary here. Even the housekeepers that I spoke to were very friendly.

I will definitely be staying at this hotel again and would recommend it to anyone needing to stay in the area. The hotel is conveniently located next to the Cracker Barrel and there is a mall just up the street.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
NOBGeneralManager, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Frackville, responded to this review, 7 September 2011
I am very pleased that we were able to make your stay pleasurable considering the awful circumstances we were under.
I am pleased to report the computer problem is resolved. We purchased a new DSL switch as one of the 5 was bad. As for the WiFi, somehow the service company changed our IP address which is why it did not work. What are the odds of both sytems going down??? We had a back up in place for such situations and both systems failed us.
Hurricane Irene, what can I say? We were most fortunate that we received minimal damage and I want to thank you for being understanding of that. Sometimes Mother Nature is not cooperative!
Our staff takes great pride in our hospitaltiy promise and I am glad we were able to make you feel welcome. I think we do provide a great breakfast and I appreciate you going into detail with our menu.
Thank you for staying with us and the very positive review. I will share it with the staff..
New Jersey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 August 2011

It's a bit difficult to locate the actual entrance roadway to the hotel once you enter the mall that it is located in. Hint : Look for the Cracker Barrel and McDonald's signs at the same location.
We arrived around 10 PM after a long day at Knoebel's Amusement Park (45 minute drive at night) to a well-lit and clean hotel. The Night Manager, Janet , couldn't have been nicer or more helpful.
The room was clean, attractive and tastefully decorated with a comfortable bed. Extra pillows and bedding were in the room. There was also a nice sitting area and a spacious desk with plenty of outlets.
Breakfast was the usual hot fare with all the station kept full and the dining area was immaculate. I didn't catch the Attendant's name there, but she was very pleasant as well.
All in all a very nice hotel experience for the price point.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
NOBGeneralManager, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Frackville, responded to this review, 26 August 2011
Thank you for your kind comments. Janet is a great employee and I appreciate you recognizing her. The entires staff works hard at maintaining a good image of our hotel. Hope to see you back again.
Toms River, New Jersey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 August 2011

The hotel is clean and the staff is very friendly. The rooms are a good size. There is a Cracker Barrel in the same parking lot which is convenient. There is also a cute diner on the main street in Frackville called the Dutch Kitchen, which is good.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank JMC062
new york
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 July 2011

Nice place, clean and comfortable. There's a store with a restaurant nearby. Our room had a small refrigerator and a microwave. The front desk clerk was friendly.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple
VA
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 June 2011

A group of us stayed here on our way to New York. The rooms were clean and the breakfast is very good--a lot of variety. There is a Cracker Barrel right across the street within walking distance from the hotel. The beds weren't the best as far as being comfortable, but were okay. The hotel is in a very small town, with very little around it, but is nice for a quick stay overnight.

• Stayed June 2011
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
NOBGeneralManager, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Frackville, responded to this review, 28 June 2011
We apprecite your review of our hotel. The staff is always pleased when their efforts are recognized. We hope you will stay with us again.
Noreen O'Boyle, CHA
Also consider these accommodations in or near Frackville
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Frackville (Pottsville)
MainStay Suites
Candlewood Suites Hazleton
Hampton Inn Pine Grove
Hampton Inn Pine Grove
#1 of 4 in Pine Grove

Been to Holiday Inn Express Frackville? Share your experiences!