“Thoughtful Details and a Cracker Barrel, Too!”

Holiday Inn Express Frackville
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Frackville
Reviewed 16 August 2012

Holiday Inn Express & Suites are usually clean and pleasant, just like the one at Frackville. However, several amenities simply stood out as exceptional. Cracker Barrel was in the same parking lot which made dinner so easy. The staff was outstanding. The lady taking care of breakfast even wrapped each piece of fruit in cellophane to make an easy snack later as well as keeping the fruit clean of a myriad of germs...how thoughtful! In addition, in the lobby someone has put together a scrapbook of local attractions and history...how thoughtful again. AND FINALLY, at the door, they set out two baskets: one for clean towels and one for wet towels so that motorcyclists could dry off after an afternoon of showers...so very thoughtful. I'm not a cyclist, but I saw several people come in wiping their seats dry and drying their hair. We were impressed.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank MesquiteMama
NOBGeneralManager, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Frackville, responded to this reviewResponded 21 August 2012

It was exciting to share with the staff all your positive comments. We truly want to assure our guests are comfortable and aware of all the exciting places we have to visit in our County. Thanks for mentioning the towels for our motorcycle guests. I know they appreciate it and it's nice to see that you did too! We look forward to you staying with us again.

Reviewed 12 June 2012

I hate the fact that I used 20,000 of my points on one room, and paid $140 on the other for one night. The other hotels in this area seemed to be sketchy, so we chose to pay more money and stay at a nice comfortable place. In the end, I would have rather paid $40/night in a dump and been treated at least like a human being. Every person we came in contact with that worked at this hotel was insanely rude. My husband and I were even threatened to have the police called on us because were 15 mins past check out. I know the check out times are posted and such, but we had went to bed at 4 am, from racing and working on race cars. We are a traveling race team, we stay at a lot of hotels, but never have seen this kind of behavior. Never were we politely asked to hurry up and check out, it went straight to calling the cops. We were accused by the staff of breaking their outside water faucets and makeing a lot of noise. Um, sorry none of this was even remotely true. While this is a nicely kept hotel with a Cracker Barrel next door, do not waste your hard earned money on this type of treatment. I have even emailed the GM of the hotel, she seems like she could care less whether her staff is rude or not.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled on business
4  Thank Courtney E
NOBGeneralManager, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Frackville, responded to this reviewResponded 15 June 2012

The customer is always right. Sometimes a hotel is not a good fit for every guest. Obviously that was the case here.

Reviewed 2 May 2012

I was looking for a HI to stay at on my trip from TN to MA.There are not many choices in this area but I am glad to have found this hotel. Nice clean spacious room and friendly staff. There was even soup when we checked in because the weather was a little cool. This was the 3rd HI on my trip and I have to say it was the best of the three. Loved that there was a microwave and fridge in the room. Bathroom was clean and bright. Best of all was the breakfast, pancakes, toast muffins, fruit..etc. The dining area was little small but worked well. Also Cracker Barrel is right next door so you dont have to go too far for dinner.I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
NOBGeneralManager, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Frackville, responded to this reviewResponded 6 May 2012

I am so happy you were pleased with your stay at our HI Express. I will pass your kind comments on to the staff. They really are a great team.

Reviewed 17 March 2012

Booked in around 7pm, front desk man didn't have much personality for the type of job he has. Room was average, nice to have a fridge and juice for the kids and coffee and tea available. Went to look out the window only to find we were directly looking at a wall. That was very disapointing, the kids had nothing to look out at, and no sunshine in the morning. The bed was very comfortable, but the walls are pretty thin. You can hear the ice machine and people's conversations on the hall quite clearly. The breakfast was what you would expect for a free hotel breakfast, great with kids when it's only a stop over in the town and back on the road again. Very disapointed there was no fresh fruit. It was the same bruised very brown bananas and brown apples that were out the night before, but for breakfast they had fruit flys around them. I found it odd that there was a little boy running around the dining room, behind the counter and up and down the halls though, the staff all seemed to know him. Not very professional, but atleast the staff acknowledged him, as they did not speak to my family at all in the morning (it was not very busy). Overall, comfortable beds, clean, well lit bathrooms, but don't expect anything else.

• Stayed: March 2012
NOBGeneralManager, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Frackville, responded to this reviewResponded 19 March 2012

I appreciate your candid review of the hotel. We only have one room that has no view as the hotel point meets there. Unless you were a walk in and this was the last room with 2 beds available we may have been able to move you if you requested to. We always sell that room last.

Our bananas are delivered daily and should not have been left out overnight. We offer eggs, meat, a make your own pancakes machine, cereal, yogurt and pastries so I do hope you found something to nourish your family before your left.
I plan on checking into the other issues you mentioned. Thank you for staying with us and your comments. We can only try to do better when we know about something.

Reviewed 8 March 2012

There are not a lot of choices but this is a modern, clean, and well staffed hotel. Rate is $129/night including taxes (expect you can get a better rate via the web). Minutes from I81.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank JoeHouston52
NOBGeneralManager, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Frackville, responded to this reviewResponded 10 March 2012

Thank you, I am very happy you enjoyed your stay. The entire staff tries very hard to make sure we keep our 12 year old property in great shape.

Regarding rates. They fluctuate sometimes daily and weekends are higher. The best rate you will EVER get for any of our properties is on the HIExpress website. Just be careful as some low rates carry a full penalty if you need to cancel.

Hope you will stop by again if your travels bring you to our area.

Reviewed 18 January 2012

we hadf stayed here before a couple of years ago while visting family while traveling all the comforts off home rooms were very clean and comfortable we just made a reservation for january so we are retuning again while visting family

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 15 January 2012

Recently stayed at this hotel for five nights in January. There are not many hotels to choose from in the area of where I was working, but this one fit the bill just fine. The hotel was comfortable, clean, and staff was very accommodating. Breakfast was the usual fan fare, nothing to write home about. It was good to see that a Cracker Barrel was in the same parking lot as the hotel so I didn't have to drive all over at night looking for a place to have a meal. Overall, the hotel is what you'd expect from a mid-priced accommodation.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Frackville
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Frackville (Pottsville)
Comfort Inn & Suites Barnesville - Frackville
Candlewood Suites Hazleton
Hampton Inn Hazleton
Hampton Inn Hazleton
#1 of 8 in Hazleton

Been to Holiday Inn Express Frackville? Share your experiences!