“Really Nice Stay and Location”

Holiday Inn Express Frackville
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Frackville
Reviewed 2 October 2012

After reading reviews we decided to try the Holiday Inn Express Frackville. We have stayed at quite a few hotels in the area and this was by far the best. Clean comfortable room - we had the king suite and like previous reviewer stated ,the bed was extremely comfortable. Had dinner at Cracker Barrel which was within easy walking distance. Breakfast was really good.
Joann at front desk was extremely helpful. We will definitely make this our hotel of choice when visiting upstate PA in the future. Hotel is smoke and pet-free.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank JoanK
NOBGeneralManager, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Frackville, responded to this reviewResponded 8 October 2012

After a long weekend it is so nice to get a compliment! We are very happy you liked the hotel and took the time to write a review. I will be sure to share this with Joanne. The Front desk staff have been here between 4 to 9 years. They know their job and the area so you can be comfortable asking them for anything you may need. Thanks for staying with us. We look forward to having you as a guest in the future.

Reviewed 28 August 2012

Okay, probably the nicest you'll find in the area. Clean rooms, and comfortable bedding. Breakfast area was pretty good. Seems they have soup or something in the evening. If you use AAA be sure to have your card with you, they check it (most places don't). Plenty of parkinig, Cracker Barrel in the next lot, short walk. Bright spot in a depressing area. Just off Interstate 81, and Route 61.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank ramblinman
NOBGeneralManager, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Frackville, responded to this reviewResponded 30 August 2012

Glad you enjoyed your stay. Yes, we do soup or appetizers at night Monday-Thursday.

It might help if I explain the reason for our policy to check AAA/AARP or any discounts. We only have 65 rooms and like all hotels only a percentage is loaded at discounted rates. It would not be fair to you to pay for a AAA membership and then find the discounted rooms are gone because we gave them to just anyone that claimed they had AAA. In a hotel with 300 rooms it doesn't make a difference because you have so many rooms but in a small hotel that frequently sells out I prefer to keep the people happy who pay to belong, as I do, to AAA/AARP and other beneficial discounted programs.

Thanks for staying with us and hope to see you again.

Reviewed 16 August 2012

I often visit this area in PA so I need a quick overnight stay. I chose this hotel at first because I know Holiday Inn is a reputable name and because Cracker Barrel is across the parking lot.
Good food and cute store. Very country.

The rooms are comfortable and clean. The staff is friendly. They make homemade soup every night and have a nice selection for breakfast to grab on the way out, or sit and eat (help yourself)
It is included.

I am picky when it comes to vacationing and the resorts I stay at. I must say, this is no resort or vacation spot obviously, but I can say I feel more comfortable and satisfied here in an overnight facility than many resorts I have stayed at on tropical islands!

Simple fitness center- jacuzzi no longer in operation.

For the purpose I seek, this is a great choice.

Room Tip: Rooms with king beds face the back side of hotel with view of trees where double beds face parking l...
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Danyca
NOBGeneralManager, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Frackville, responded to this reviewResponded 21 August 2012

I'm so happy you enjoy staying at our property. Our team works together to be sure we offer you a safe, comfortable stay away from home. We appreciate your business and look forward to having you as a guest in the future.

Reviewed 16 August 2012

Holiday Inn Express & Suites are usually clean and pleasant, just like the one at Frackville. However, several amenities simply stood out as exceptional. Cracker Barrel was in the same parking lot which made dinner so easy. The staff was outstanding. The lady taking care of breakfast even wrapped each piece of fruit in cellophane to make an easy snack later as well as keeping the fruit clean of a myriad of germs...how thoughtful! In addition, in the lobby someone has put together a scrapbook of local attractions and history...how thoughtful again. AND FINALLY, at the door, they set out two baskets: one for clean towels and one for wet towels so that motorcyclists could dry off after an afternoon of showers...so very thoughtful. I'm not a cyclist, but I saw several people come in wiping their seats dry and drying their hair. We were impressed.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank MesquiteMama

It was exciting to share with the staff all your positive comments. We truly want to assure our guests are comfortable and aware of all the exciting places we have to visit in our County. Thanks for mentioning the towels for our motorcycle guests. I know they appreciate it and it's nice to see that you did too! We look forward to you staying with us again.

Reviewed 12 June 2012

I hate the fact that I used 20,000 of my points on one room, and paid $140 on the other for one night. The other hotels in this area seemed to be sketchy, so we chose to pay more money and stay at a nice comfortable place. In the end, I would have rather paid $40/night in a dump and been treated at least like a human being. Every person we came in contact with that worked at this hotel was insanely rude. My husband and I were even threatened to have the police called on us because were 15 mins past check out. I know the check out times are posted and such, but we had went to bed at 4 am, from racing and working on race cars. We are a traveling race team, we stay at a lot of hotels, but never have seen this kind of behavior. Never were we politely asked to hurry up and check out, it went straight to calling the cops. We were accused by the staff of breaking their outside water faucets and makeing a lot of noise. Um, sorry none of this was even remotely true. While this is a nicely kept hotel with a Cracker Barrel next door, do not waste your hard earned money on this type of treatment. I have even emailed the GM of the hotel, she seems like she could care less whether her staff is rude or not.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled on business
4  Thank Courtney E
NOBGeneralManager, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Frackville, responded to this reviewResponded 15 June 2012

The customer is always right. Sometimes a hotel is not a good fit for every guest. Obviously that was the case here.

Reviewed 2 May 2012

I was looking for a HI to stay at on my trip from TN to MA.There are not many choices in this area but I am glad to have found this hotel. Nice clean spacious room and friendly staff. There was even soup when we checked in because the weather was a little cool. This was the 3rd HI on my trip and I have to say it was the best of the three. Loved that there was a microwave and fridge in the room. Bathroom was clean and bright. Best of all was the breakfast, pancakes, toast muffins, fruit..etc. The dining area was little small but worked well. Also Cracker Barrel is right next door so you dont have to go too far for dinner.I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
NOBGeneralManager, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Frackville, responded to this reviewResponded 6 May 2012

I am so happy you were pleased with your stay at our HI Express. I will pass your kind comments on to the staff. They really are a great team.

Reviewed 17 March 2012

Booked in around 7pm, front desk man didn't have much personality for the type of job he has. Room was average, nice to have a fridge and juice for the kids and coffee and tea available. Went to look out the window only to find we were directly looking at a wall. That was very disapointing, the kids had nothing to look out at, and no sunshine in the morning. The bed was very comfortable, but the walls are pretty thin. You can hear the ice machine and people's conversations on the hall quite clearly. The breakfast was what you would expect for a free hotel breakfast, great with kids when it's only a stop over in the town and back on the road again. Very disapointed there was no fresh fruit. It was the same bruised very brown bananas and brown apples that were out the night before, but for breakfast they had fruit flys around them. I found it odd that there was a little boy running around the dining room, behind the counter and up and down the halls though, the staff all seemed to know him. Not very professional, but atleast the staff acknowledged him, as they did not speak to my family at all in the morning (it was not very busy). Overall, comfortable beds, clean, well lit bathrooms, but don't expect anything else.

• Stayed: March 2012
NOBGeneralManager, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Frackville, responded to this reviewResponded 19 March 2012

I appreciate your candid review of the hotel. We only have one room that has no view as the hotel point meets there. Unless you were a walk in and this was the last room with 2 beds available we may have been able to move you if you requested to. We always sell that room last.

Our bananas are delivered daily and should not have been left out overnight. We offer eggs, meat, a make your own pancakes machine, cereal, yogurt and pastries so I do hope you found something to nourish your family before your left.
I plan on checking into the other issues you mentioned. Thank you for staying with us and your comments. We can only try to do better when we know about something.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Frackville
Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, Frackville (Pottsville), PA
#1 of 4 in Pine Grove
Econo Lodge
Econo Lodge
#2 of 4 in Frackville

Been to Holiday Inn Express Frackville? Share your experiences!