“great place to stay”

Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Frackville
Bozeman, Montana
“great place to stay”
Reviewed 30 July 2014

when traveling it is a great place to stay, having Cracker Barrel sharing the parking lot is a great thing. Many hotels in that area do not have anywhere to eat nearby. Can be tricky to find in the dark if you are unfamiliar with how to get there but once in the vicinity you will find it.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled solo
Noreen O, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Frackville, responded to this review, 1 August 2014
Thanks for reviewing our hotel. We appreciate the 4 stars. Hope you will consider our brand for future stays.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Saddle Brook, New Jersey
Reviewed 29 July 2014

For our family of 4, the location is pretty convenient for the area. The hotel is beautiful - clean and modern with new furniture and comfortable beds and pillows. The only reason I didn't give it a 5 is that it doesn't have a pool or bar. Convenient to Knoebels, Cabelas & Crystal Cave nearby. The breakfast buffet was very good for complimentary with great coffee & cinnamon buns. You cannot go wrong here.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Truly appreciate you taking the time to do a review. Our Holiday Inn Express in Frackville, PA is 15 years old. The fact that you thought we were new is exciting!

Glad you stayed with us and hope we will be your choice when you are in the area again.
Reviewed 24 July 2014 via mobile

I recently stayed at hotel for business- it served the purpose - clean, quiet , comfortable! Just one comment - please ask front desk staff to cute back on perfume- it was overpowering and gave me a terrible headache

• Stayed July 2014
Noreen O, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Frackville, responded to this review, 27 July 2014
Than you for reviewing our hotel. I am sorry someone was heavily perfumed. I will be sure they all see this review so they may realize it can be offensive.
Hilton Head, South Carolina
Reviewed 17 July 2014

This hotel is about what you would expect from a HI Express…but that makes it the best hotel in Frackville. The hotel appears a little worn but is still OK. One warning -- although the hotel is near the I-81 exit it can be difficult to find. It is located behind the Cracker Barrel and near the Shopping Mall. To get there from I-81 follow the signs to either of those.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
I appreciate you taking the time to review our hotel. We are constantly making changes. I hope you think we do quite well for a 15 year old hotel.Thank you for staying with us and hope to see you again.
Macon, Georgia
Reviewed 19 January 2014 via mobile

Nice property and adequate breakfast. Staff mostly friendly. Not a bad stay but bothered by several things. First, they are smoke free and pet free--I like that. However, it was emphasized at check-in and that if you violated their policy your credit card will be charged $250. It felt like I could expect a charge even though I do not smoke or have a pet. Still watching my credit card and so far no charges. Got on the elevator and read a statement on the key card that my credit card would be charged if I took their towels or linen. It is not a good first impression that their guests need these warnings. Then, the heat was off in the room and it had been below zero. So, I turned the heat on and went to get some food. I bought groceries since I could not find a place I wanted to eat. I put frozen food in the small freezer only to find them thawed the next morning because the refrigerator was unplugged. Since the frig did not have a power switch I believe this was being energy wise, which I like. Could you power up the heat and plug in the frig for a new guest? Then, black hair in the tub. Ignoring the tub hair, I feel their good intentions (smoke free, pet free, energy conservation) were misrepresented by the wrong emphasis. I got the impression that either they were going to scam me for smoking, pets, or stealing towels or that is what their guests usually do. This approached lessened the experience for me.

Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
Noreen O, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Frackville, responded to this review, 21 January 2014
Thank you for reviewing and complimenting our hotel . Yes, we are tobacco and pet free and we do make sure guests are aware of this. It is quite obvious when a guest is smoking in a room as it goes through the vents and the front desk gets plenty of irate calls.We can usually pinpoint the area. and at that time the guest is charged. No need to worry about us scamming you.
Our key cards indicate you are welcome to purchase our linen and items on our online website. We get several requests for purchasing pillows, blankets and duvets. And yes, several guests choose to take them as a souvenir.
Upon checking I see that a housekeeping supervisor did not check your room prior to your arrival. Had this been done your heat would be on, the refrigerator checked and the unfortunate bathtub incident would not have happened. I do apologize.
Our refrigerators are energy efficient and do defrost on their own. That is something we never have an idea as to when it will occur.
If your plans bring you back to this area we have several excellent choices for dinner. Vito's Coal Fire Restaurant, Romans Lounge and Rocky's are among the few. Thank you again for giving me the opportunity to look at the items you mentioned.
Amherst, New York
Reviewed 24 December 2013 via mobile

We had to stay in the Pottsville area for a family funeral and found the HIE on line. We were traveling with a one year old. We arrived to find everything in order and for us including the crib in the room. The hotel is exceptionally clean and everything is in great condition. The Cracker Barrel was just 75 yards across the parking lot, an easy walk even in winter.

The morning breakfast was also an easy, clean, and delicious start to the day.

We will stay there any time we spend the night in "coal country ."

Stayed December 2013
Noreen O, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Frackville, responded to this review, 26 December 2013
I am so happy to hear you enjoyed your stay. The staff takes pride in what they do and it makes them feel great to know it is appreciated. Happy Holidays!
Hickory, North Carolina
Reviewed 23 December 2013

We arrived in Frackville without a reservation since we drove further than we had planned. We were quoted a rate of $114 (using AARP). I asked if this included everything and was assured it did. I wasn't happy in the am to get the credit card receipt for $124 (the $114 + taxes). The Country Inn and Suites one exit south had rooms for $84. Had we known we were actually paying $124 we would have gone there. At any rate (pun intended) this hotel is fine. Our room was quiet, spacious, and clean. AM staff were pleasant and the breakfast looked entirely satisfactory. My advice: check rates carefully!

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
We appreciate you reviewing our hotel and thank you for the kind comments. Looking forward to seeing you again.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Frackville
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Frackville (Pottsville)
Ramada Pottsville
#1 of 4 in Pine Grove
Residence Inn Hazleton
Residence Inn Hazleton
#3 of 8 in Hazleton

Been to Holiday Inn Express Frackville? Share your experiences!