“Dont go late!”

Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Frackville
Asheville, North Carolina
“Dont go late!”
Reviewed 3 July 2010

I was very road weary. It was late, after midnight. The man Tom behind the desk showed absolutely no personality. I asked a question and he told me I was on my own pretty much. I asked him to immediately charge my debit card to avoid the holds my bank will put on it. He could easily do this with deposits paid. He said he could not. The room was only fair, it was quite clean, but only fair. If I find myself too tired to drive in Frackville again, I will find another place to stay.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Mobile, Alabama
Reviewed 3 July 2010

It's infested with rabbits and groundhogs to start with. I'm a gold member and I've stayed at a LOT of hotels. I've stayed at Super 8's better than this place. I left a very sentimental object at this hotel. I called promptly the next morning to ask about it only to be rudely informed that it had been thrown away. Now if I was a housekeeper and I found ANYTHING in a room that was not there before the guest arrived, I would keep it for at least a day or two. I called back to ask if the garbage had been picked up and the lady answering the phone didn't even go check. She immediately said, "Oh yes. It's been picked up".
I have two more weeks of travel that I'm stuck at this place. But if you can pick anywhere besides here to stay you'd be doing yourself a favor.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled on business
Mascoutah, IL
Reviewed 27 June 2010

New hotel with very friendly staff. Very good hot breakfast, well stocked and refreshed as needed. Cracker Barrel restaurant adjacent to parking lot.
Went to Knoebels amusement park--no admission fee, plenty of rides for young children, a couple of roller coasters, and you can bring your dog! Took clerk's recommendation to visit nearby Pottsville, the Yuengling brewery and Maroons restaurant. Great stay.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled with family
New York City, New York
Reviewed 21 August 2009

In brief: This is a fantastic hotel. We stayed here for one night. Check-in was quick. Everyone was friendly. Soup was offered at dinnertime. Room was clean. Beds comfy. Exceptional breakfast. If we come through this way again, I'd definitely stay here.

• Stayed August 2009, travelled with family
Fairfax, VA
Reviewed 27 July 2009

Quiet, comfortable, great staff, wonderful breakfast, large room, comfortable beds, immaculately clean, plenty of light. Can't say enough good things about this hotel. Definitely exceeded expectations. Would most definitely stay here again!

Yeungling brewery a few miles away has great tours. If you stay in Frackville be sure to go!

Stayed July 2009, travelled as a couple
Watertown, New York
Reviewed 26 July 2009

We were on our way to Philadephia to a Phillies game from NY and stopped in Frackville for a rest from driving. We called ahead booked our room a few hours before arrival. Check in was fast and efficient and the clerk was very friendly. He answered any questions we had. We were given two complimentary bottles for water because we're Priority Club Rewards members. We were also to take advantage of the coffee/tea/juice station that also provided fresh fruit. Very nice and clean! We then went up to our room in a sparkling elevator. The room was spotless and included a microwave and small refrigerator. I'm very particular about cleanliness and it exceeded my expectations. The following morning we were delighted to learn about the variety at the complimentary breakfast.... scrambled egges, sausage, bacon, cinnamon buns, small omlets, cereals, breads, bagels, oatmeal, fruit, juices, coffee, tea etc. We were very impressed at the selection! There were staff members there cleaning and replenishing the whole time we were there. All of the staff members were very friendly and helpful. Thanks for a great stay in Frackville, PA! I absolutely recommend this Holiday Inn to any traveler! It's a relaxing, clean and worry-free stay.

• Stayed July 2009, travelled as a couple
WI
Reviewed 14 May 2009

Typical H-Inn Express although the breakfast was sub-par even for H-Inn Express. Over priced really for what it is. I stayed there several days and had no issues. Front desk staff were friendly but I heard from another guest that you don't want to get on the wrong side of the manager. The internet service was spotty on the 3rd floor. BUT, it is right across a small parking lot to the Cracker Barrell. SO you don't have to eat the wierd looking omlet things they put out if you don't want to:)

• Stayed April 2009, travelled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Frackville
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Frackville (Pottsville)
MainStay Suites
Hampton Inn Pine Grove
#1 of 4 in Pine Grove
Candlewood Suites Hazleton
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Hamburg

Been to Holiday Inn Express Frackville? Share your experiences!