“Not worth the 100$ after taxes” 2 of 5 bubbles
Review of Econo Lodge

Econo Lodge
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Frackville
“Not worth the 100$ after taxes”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 July 2014 via mobile

This place is so outdated and not very nice at all. We stayed because we didn't want to lose the $196 we booked with because of a concert nearby and no vacancies. Would not ever stay here again. Not even a manger on duty. Roof damage. Pets allowed in rooms and floors were dirty. Only stayed because it wasn't the worst motel ever... no bugs thank goodness!

Stayed July 2014, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Tampa, Florida
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 March 2014

Stayed here twice, 2 years apart, and had almost exact experience. The hotel is decent but definitely not something a slightly spoiled traveler would like. Rooms are very dated but seem clean/no smell. Housekeeping needs to pay more attention to detail (i.e. wipe down everything without leaving sticky residue! Yuck!) and management needs to update bedding, furniture & carpets. Rooms also need TLC as far as door frames and sinks go. Overall decent place, esp if you're staying a short stay.

• Stayed March 2014
Brooksville, Mississippi
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 January 2014

We were pleasantly surprised to find a pet friendly motel that was very clean. In fact...many motels I have stayed in with my pets have cost much more and were disgustingly filthy. The only reason I didnt give 5 starts was because the decor is a bit outdated. It was by far the cleanest room I have ever gotten traveling up and down the east coast. I will be staying there again.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank marthianne
Christchurch, New Zealand
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 October 2013

Whilst the motel is convenient and the staff very helpful and courteous the rooms are getting old. Our room, 216 was supposed to be non smoking, however stunk of stale cigarettes, and had ash on the bathroom floor.
Breakfast is served in the motel office, as packaged muffins, assorted bagels, juice and coffee from machine.
Would stay there again if the rooms are actually deodorized more often.
Nice Dutch kitchen out just down the road, with local little bar a block and a half away (Black Diamond).

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Hartford, Connecticut
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 September 2013

I had already booked my stay when I saw these reviews, and I was nervous. I was pleasantly surprised and relieved when I open the door to my room. The hotel is located off the main road/Route 61, at first glance it looks like a long driveway to the hotel but it is a street with one street that crosses it. I only mention this because even though the cross street has stop signs there is a tendency to speed down the road toward the hotel because you think it's a driveway, not expecting cross traffic. The location is quiet but close to gas stations, local and chain restaurants (like Subway), and Rite Aid. Check in took a little longer than expected, but the person was new and the conversation was pleasant so I didn't mind. The room was a little smaller than I expected, but still a good size. It had two full beds, a table and two chairs, a flat screen, microwave, refrigerator, safe, nightstand, and four drawers under the t.v. for your clothes. This was more than I expected, I have stayed at more expensive hotels with less amenities in the room. The hotel also provides breakfast, another thing I didn't get at the more expensive hotel. They provided muffins, bagels, coffee, tea, orange, and apple juice. Every time I went into the office for anything--travel brochures, ice, breakfast--the people were always very friendly and helpful, always starting up a conversation. There is no hiding that the hotel is older, I could tell that by the bed spreads and wall paper border. The room was generally in good repair/condition. There was some dust on the air conditioner/heating unit and on the light fixture/vent in the bathroom, and the shower rod was loose--but I experienced nothing that was in any of the other reviews. The room was clean, neat, and had no funny smells or bed bugs. My bed was a little uncomfortable, but I haven't found a hotel bed that wasn't. There is an awkward step up and into the tub, which can make the shower slight claustrophobic because your so close to the ceiling. The concrete walkway in places needed repair but it was clean and free of litter, as was the parking lot. Everything considered I would stay here again, a little dust didn't ruin my stay. The staff is friendly--to both people and animals, the room was comfortable and had nice amenities, and the location was great. It is hard to find all this, and pet friendly, for this value. I wouldn't pass this hidden gem up!!!

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
3 Thank DealMom
Bethesda, Maryland
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 August 2012

We stayed here overnight on a trip northwards: arrived about 9pm and left about 8am. The place is OK for this kind of stay, but no more. The room wasn't particularly clean or comfortable, and smelled a little (like someone had smoked in the non-smoking room). The Indian guy behind the front desk was friendly enough, though, and brightened up into animated conversation when we told him we are planning a trip to India. The "breakfast buffet" consists of some pre-packaged pastries, a few bagels, jam, and a toaster -- plus coffee and orange juice. Oh, and the WiFi worked well.

Room Tip: No elevator, so if you have heavy bags, try the ground floor.