“Neutral and acceptable” 3 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Frazer
Neshanic Station,NJ
“Neutral and acceptable”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 January 2008

Stayed here one night on New Year's day.
Easy and quick access to major highways, yet quiet when staying in the back section of the hotel.
Standard, fresh looking serial hotel. Clean and well kept up.
Bathroom too small for a couple, towels plentiful and clean yet not fluffy too almost rough.
Great king bed and large comforter.
Personal heater/cooler too noisy and blowing inconveniently next to the business desk. Cannot control fan speed.
Good speed complimantary hardwired broadband access in the room.
All in-room equipment was functional.
Quiet, yet difficult to say since hotel occupancy was almost nil.
Complimentary breakfast was reasonably diversified and well stocked.
Reception desk staff was friendly.

• Liked — Everything was clean and functional
  • Disliked — Small bathroom sink & counter + noisy heater
  • Stayed December 2007
      Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Reading, PA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 September 2007

For me and my family the number one priority in a hotel is "CLEAN". The Hampton Inn Great Valley was clean! The beds were clean and comfortable. The heating/air conditioner worked well. The bathroom was clean, towels were clean and fluffy. The room was quiet, even though the hotel was completely full. There is plenty of parking, especially in the back. We have stayed at several Hampton Inns in the last year and a half, we like the consistency of cleanliness, ammenities, and professional employees. The Great Valley was as good as the other Hamptons in most (and all the important) respects.

This lobby is small and since the hotel was FULL and had at least one large group of people traveling together there just wasn't enough room for all the guests. I wish that when there is a large group they would give them a meeting room to have their breakfast and even provide them with a private lobby area. They just seem to take over the lobby all evening watching the game or whatever. I don't think they intend to be rude, but they are. I have seen this at other hotels where a group of pre-teens took over the pool area, but that hotel limited the time that the kids could swim, cutting them off at 9:00 pm. We skipped the complimentary breakfast since the large group had taken over the room and most items were never restocked. The cookies, coffee, popcorn was never available in the lobby either. The computer room in the lobby was also, always full.

The hotel only has 3 refrigerators available, so we did not have a refrig in our room. I think a little refrigerator/microwave with a shelf for the coffee pot would be a nice addition to the rooms.

The bathroom SHOULD have a steam vent! And a towel bar would be nice, they just have little hooks at odd places in the bathroom.

I highly recommend this hotel, as I said it is CLEAN! and consistent with the Hampton Inn/Hilton Hotels reputation of being clean & professional. I know I will stay at this hotel again when visiting my daughter. I also recommend Flannigan's Boathouse, a seafood restaurant and bar with great food and friendly staff. The boathouse is located in an office complex so call for directions (you can get the number at the hotel) and then follow the directions, you will be surprised but you will see a cute boathouse restaurant in with the office buildings.

• Liked — That the room was clean.
  • Disliked — The small lobby and breakfast area.
  • Stayed September 2007, travelled as a couple
Harrisburg, PA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 March 2007

recently stayed at this Hampton Inn for business and found it very clean and quite comfortable. I love the curved shower rod in the bathroom and the large, clean counter at the sink. One of my pet peeves is when bathrooms at hotels are old, not clean or small. But these looked freshly remodelled and were very clean and very large.

I usually have trouble sleeping when I am away from home. However, the beds are extremely comfortable here with several pillows to choose from and soft comforters.

When I checked in there was a problem with the heating unit in my room making a whistling sound. I informed the front desk and they were very helpful in finding me a new room right away.

The breakfast is the standard you'd find at most hotels. But it had enough variety to satisfy me for the 3 days I was there.

My only complaints are that the fitness center is very small and was crowded each morning I went to workout. And there is no fan in the bathroom, so my mirrors steamed up very quickly after my showers. But otherwise it was a very pleasant stay and I will absolutely stay here again when in town for business.

• Liked — cleanliness
  • Disliked — no fan in bathroom
  • Stayed February 2007
1 Thank NEPatsFan1
Rocky Hill, Connecticut
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 October 2003

I was very happy with my recent stay at the Frazer Hampton Inn. I was in town for the races at Maple Grove and this place was as close as I could get without feeling the special events charge, and it was still close to the track. The check-in went well, the room was nice and big.
The bed was extremely comfortable. The shower was as good as any hotel shower I can remember. There is an Outback Steakhouse adjacent to the hotel, which I found to be a great feature. The pool area was closed due to the season and the exercise room was small but all in all, I was very satisfied with this hotel. I would highly recommend it to anyone traveling to Maple Grove or visiting the Great Valley area.

2 Thank bp4559
Also consider these accommodations in or near Frazer
Sonesta ES Suites Malvern
Homewood Suites by Hilton Philadelphia Great Valley
Sheraton Great Valley Hotel
Hampton Inn Exton
Hampton Inn Exton
#2 of 8 in Exton
Hilton Garden Inn Exton / West Chester
Best Western Plus The Inn at King of Prussia
Best Western Plus The Inn at Kin...
#2 of 16 in King of Prussia

Been to Hampton Inn Philadelphia/Great Valley/Malvern? Share your experiences!