Quality Inn & Suites North
US$150
Doubletree.com
US$87
US$83
No availability for your dates from our partners
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 5 July 2011

We stayed at this motel in July 2011 to attend a wedding. It's an older property, a former Comfort Inn, I think, rebranded as a Quality Inn and has three floors and no internal corridors. It does have an elevator, though, and we were glad we didn't have to lug our suitcases up a flight of stairs.

The front desk staff was quite helpful and gladly put our "blue ice" in their freezer so that it would be frozen for our return trip. Our room was small--the smallest on the property's floorplan, according to the fire escape route map--but it was clean and we appreciated the lower price that went along with it. The tub/shower had a very high step up, which might be a challenge for traveling seniors. The towels were large and absorbent and better than I expected for the class of hotel. There are refrigerators in every room and we didn't have any problems finding enough outlets for our laptop and chargers. All in all, the hotel was fine for our needs and right in line with what we expected for the price.

The property is located right next to a busy local divided highway, so you might want to request a room on the back side rather than the front side. Also, if you're approaching the hotel from the south, go past it and turn left at the next light, go a short block and turn left again to access the property from the back. That's a lot easier than trying to make a U-turn.

The breakfast selection was pretty standard for Quality/Comfort Inns, but if you're not from Pittsburgh I'd highly recommend having breakfast at the Eat'n'Park next door instead. Eat'n'Park has a lot of excellent and affordable breakfast options and is a true Western Pennsylvania breakfast tradition.

If you're looking for lunch or dinner nearby we recommend Monte Cello's Italian restaurant just south of the hotel at 4655 William Flynn Hwy. Route 8, Allison Park, PA 15101 in the Hampton Shoppes (412-486-9600). This regional seven location chain has great pizza and Italian specialties.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank Cogit8tor
Reviewed 25 April 2011

Yuck! Here's the low down: No bed bugs BUT sheets had lent and hair on them, shower didn't drain, don't think the room has ever been vacuumed, check in and check out guys were way less then polite, breakfast area tiny, poor selection of food, all cheap products even the paper plates and cups. I wouldn't let my dog walk barefoot in one of these rooms!

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank mommajd
Reviewed 12 April 2011

Stayed there one night. I was supposed to get a nonsmoking room, but it.was a smokers room that smelled and had dead insects in the bathroom light fixture--I did remove the light cover to verify. I complained and was switched to an older nonsmoking room. So bad I slept on top of the covers, considered sleeping in car. When I woke up I found some kind of live beetle on the table near my bag--same kind I saw dead in the other room. Never stay there again...

• Stayed: April 2011
1  Thank rob308
Reviewed 25 July 2010

The Comfort Inn is now a Quality Inn. The beds were comfortable, and the room was very clean. We had plenty of clean towels every day, and I did not have to go to the front desk to request more. My only complaint is that they take down breakfast at 9:00. Usually, when they say that breakfast ends at 9:00, they consider that last call. At the Quality Inn that is the time when they take it down. There is an excellent Eat 'n Park restaurant next door that has a wonderful breakfast buffet. You may want to check it out.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled with family
2  Thank lindun104
Reviewed 21 June 2010

We have stayed at this property at least once a year for the last 12 years while visiting family. The inn is now a branded as a Quality Inn. I was not able to reserve a king bed as I regularly have, so settled for a queen, hoping that we could be moved to a king on arrival. The front desk staff told me that there was not a king available. The room we got was a handicapped room with very little counter space and an annoyingly loud buzzing fan in the bathroom. The television card listed many channels like ESPN and HBO, but we could not get them. When I asked about that, the desk personnel claimed that it was Comcast's problem and they had called several times. The stairways were poorly lit at night and dingy looking by day. On a positive note, the bed was firm and the carpeting looked new in our room.
If only the staff had offered a rate adjustment to offset the incovenience, this would have been a much better review.