“Actually quite nice”

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Gibsonia
pittsburgh
“Actually quite nice”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 May 2012

I am not sure about all the negative reviews here. I stayed here during a time when all other hotels within an hours radius were either sold out of overpriced. I got a great deal here for 70 dollars. The hotel is next to a busy road, and some noise can be heard. That is the only negative. The room I got was a smaller room with a double bed. I knew that before booking. It was actually a decent sized room for that size bed. The whole room and all rooms were completely renovated and very clean. There were no issues whatsoever. The place is not a resort, but coming from a very picky person, I can gladly recommend here.

Stayed May 2012, travelled on business
2 Thank gburn07

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Geneva on the Lake OHIO
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 April 2012

We stayed at this hotel because it was the only one close to where we were visiting. I was disappointed. The room was very small, the lighting was poor, the showere was almost falling apart, there was only one small soap for both the shower and sink area, no hair conditioner, only two thin, old towels, and one coffee for the coffee maker. There bare essentials nothing more. I've stayed in a lot of hotels and this one ranks on the low end. If you need to stay in this area and the accommodations don't really matter, then this is your place. Don't expect much, you won't get it....

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
Pennsylvania
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 April 2012

I have stayed at this hotel twice, and just booked my third stay. It isn't anything fancy, but it is a great location. Everything has always been clean on my stays and I've never had a problem with any of the staff. Having the Eat n' Park right next door is a good bonus, and it is a short drive to other restaurants. I would recommend staying here if you just need a good place to sleep.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank TravelingStaff
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 December 2011

I realize this is the only lodging option off the Butler Valley exit of the PA Turnpike, but corporate should be ashamed to call this a "Quality Inn." It's abysmal, at best, and frankly, should seek new management immediately. Atfer this experience, I will never stay at this, or any, Quality Inn again. Period.

My family opted to stay in one of the advertised "deluze jacuzzi suites" for a one -night visit. We were quoted one price on the phone; by the time we arrived, the price has risen $10 and the front desk clerk refused to honor the initial phone quote.When we brought up the discrepancy, she simply stared at us, and refused to answer a single question (literally she did not speak, she just stared at us.) until we agreed to paid the new price.(I am embarassed to admit we paid more than $200 with tax.)
When we got to the room, we realized that the television in the living space didn't work. (Called the front desk who reluctantly sent someone to inspect.) Turns out you must leave the cable line wrapped around the desk chair legs because of a short. (Don't sit at the desk, ladies and gents! Who knew?)
Then, we realized that the bedroom in this "suite" wasn't heated (on a less than 20-degree-night; I have a young child). We called the desk again. The same indignant clerk literally sighed in the phone; asked if we "really" needed a space heater; and they required us to retrieve the heater from the front desk -- after I gave my room number again. The woman (and we didn't catch her name) couldn't have been more rude or uninterested in our comfort. She was completely ill-equipped for her job. What an abhorent company representative!

Forgetting all of that: The room was filthy - literally; the service obviously abysmal; and the "breakfast" laughable I couldn't even get a bagel. There is no upside here. None.

If you're a traveler, do yourself a favor and venture an exit or two on the Turnpike. Cranberry, to the west, has a variety of higher grade hotels that will more than suffice; Allegheny Valley, to the east, has several options - even the worst has to be better than this.

Stayed December 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank Jennifer P
Gibsonia, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 November 2011

There may be some minor issues with this property but in no way shape or form is it as horrible as some of you people are making it out to be. First of all...learn the difference between an authorization and a charge before you call complaining that you are being charged double. Second of all the staff here does not lie to the customers. If there is some kind of issue with billing or something along the lines of that, the staff does not have the managers password to override anything. Therefore you obviously must talk to the manager about your issue. He is an extremely busy man as you can probably see from the reviews on this page dealing with all kinds of so called problems. I know for a fact that he returns all calls to complaining customers. As for the cancellation policy, dont make a reservation if youre not sure if u can make it. You are telling the hotel do not sell my room I will be there. Therefore when you do not show up we lose revenue on that room. Another issue...stink bugs...have you watched the news??? They are infesting places everywhere...im sure yoiu even have some at your house...does that mean your house is filthy and disgusting?????????? Housekeeping does a damn good job concidering some of the customers that leave rooms trashed and in complete disarray. That being said some of u should wise up before complaining like a bunch of stuck up snobs.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled solo
5 Thank nunyabiz0608
Huntington, West Virginia
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 September 2011

As you will see by other comments, the owner of this hotel Dave apparently enjoys ripping people off. They charged me for a 3 nights when I only stayed 2. I was lied to by almost every staff member except for Dave and that is only because like the other people who have commented here that they were overcharged, Dave could not seem to return a phone call. I was promised by the person checking me out that Dave would fix it and refund me back the amount I was overcharged. I have been calling for over a week and Dave has never called me back. I believe he has even answered the phone a few times and told me that he was not Dave when I am pretty sure the person I was speaking to was Dave because I have stayed there before and know who he is. Dave even refused to talk to Choice Hotels when I called to try and get this resolved through them. DO YOURSELF A FAVOR AND FILD SOMWHERE ELSE TO STAY UNLESS YOU WOULD LIKE TO BE DAVE'S NEXT SCAM VICTIM and like I said if you read the other comments you will see this is apparently a habit of Dave's. Wish I had read them before staying here!

• Stayed September 2011, travelled on business
2 Thank zman59175
Kutztown
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 August 2011

Just got back from a trip to the Burgh and stayed at the Quality Inn in Gibsonia. We have stayed there before many times, and it is always clean. Hair dryers are provided. Standard breakfast fare is available every morning, but you may want to try the Eat 'n Park next door for the breakfast buffet and skip lunch. The only problem we had this time was a clogged tub. I reported it to the front desk, and it was repaired while we were out for the day. Very minor issue. We will probably stay there again. My only complaint is that I think that it is a bit pricey. However, there are only two motels in Gibsonia, and the other one has not been rated on TripAdvisor.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank lindun104
Also consider these accommodations in or near Gibsonia
Home2 Suites by Hilton Pittsburgh / McCandless, PA
Courtyard Pittsburgh North/Cranberry Woods
Courtyard Pittsburgh North/Cranb...
#3 of 15 in Cranberry Township
Hilton Garden Inn Pittsburgh/Cranberry
Hilton Garden Inn Pittsburgh/Cra...
#2 of 15 in Cranberry Township
Hampton Inn & Suites Pittsburgh/Harmarville
SpringHill Suites Pittsburgh Mills
Econo Lodge
Econo Lodge
#2 of 2 in Wexford

Been to Quality Inn & Suites North? Share your experiences!