“Better this time”

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Gibsonia
Outer Banks
“Better this time”
Reviewed 24 July 2012

We stayed at this hotel two years ago, and the service was terrible. This visit was much better. The room was what we requested,the air conditioning worked well, and the staff was friendly and helpful. The bed was very comfortable, and the room was clean. The hotel now has an arrangement with the Eat n Park restaurant next door; guests get 10% off their check. We prefer the restaurant's buffet for breakfast, so this was an added plus.

Room Tip: We like to stay on the back side of the hotel away from the highway.
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Springfield, Virginia
Reviewed 10 July 2012

We were forced to stay here on a road trip. Every hotel near the Pennsylvania Turnpike was sold out from Somerset to Monroeville and this was the first we called that had a room, so we took it.

Our room with two double beds was priced over $200. I would expect that in a city center, or for a Hilton or Marriott. But not a Quality Inn, and especially not one with threadbare sheets and towels, wallpaper peeling off the walls in the bathroom, and just generally run down and dirty. I guess there's not much competition so they can get away with the obscene pricing.

Our non-smoking room smelled like an ashtray. There was very limited parking and we had to park in a very dark area some distance from the main hotel lot and next to an industrial site. Grimy carpets. Cigarette burns on the bedding. This is the sort of cheapo joint you probably went to for a prom after-party in high school.

Plan ahead and don't get stuck here at the last minute like we did. There are much better options just a few miles either east or west on the turnpike.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank DCA
colonial heights
Reviewed 4 July 2012

we stay at a lot of quality inn locations and this one is just ok. we checked in in the afternoon and they gave us a room that had the sun beating in it and the air was not on. the room was very hot for a good hour. the fridge only kept our bottles of water cool but not cold.

Room Tip: this was located near several diverse restaurants and right off of the interstate.
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank marie j
Erie, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 14 June 2012

We stayed at Quality Inn and Suites in Gibsonia June 12 and June 13 for my sister's funeral. While there, the room was adequate, but they were unable to help us receive the wi-fi and turned the air conditioning unit to fan while we were out and the room as uncomfortably warm when we returned. When we checked out and attended the funeral and wake. Starting home we discovered by 6 year old daughter's red nintendo ds3 was not packed. We call and were told, by Jen, no one from housekeeping turned it in. My daughter then told me she hid it under the bed cover so no one would steal it. I then called and talked to Randy. He said he call back in 5 min and he did. Said he checked out the room, under and behind the bed, but nothing was there. I again said she hid it under the covers in the bed next to the bathroom. Oh well, the room was cleaned and no one turned it in.

Thanks to the thief from their staff, I'm listening to my daughter cry that someone took her ds that Santa brought and more so that we cannot replace anytime soon due to finances. Hope someone gets to enjoy her ds. THIEF, THIEF, THIEF!!!!!!!!!

Lock up any valuables.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
Garland, Texas
Reviewed 14 June 2012

What a joy took my coupon for 4 nights Great room clean and T.V Channels plenty!! Dave was great and Jennifer even better !! Will alway's stay here!! Great Hotel!!!

Room Tip: Get your coupon they will take it and go the extra mile just ask!!
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled on business
2 Thank Jimmy H
Canal Fulton, Ohio
Reviewed 23 May 2012

We stayed the night of May 9, 2012. We had a very nice room. it was clean and very adequate. This is what I would expect from a nice motel. On the morning of May 10 when we left, I mistakenly left my Kindle Fire in the room. When i realized it was missing I knew exactly what I had done. When we arrived home from our trip on Saturay, May 12, I immediately called the motel. The manager was not in, but the lady who answered the phone assured me my Kindle was there. She took all my information and I had it in my hands again on Tuesday, May 15. I would recommend this motel if for nothing else, their honesty.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank Linda W
pittsburgh
Reviewed 15 May 2012

I am not sure about all the negative reviews here. I stayed here during a time when all other hotels within an hours radius were either sold out of overpriced. I got a great deal here for 70 dollars. The hotel is next to a busy road, and some noise can be heard. That is the only negative. The room I got was a smaller room with a double bed. I knew that before booking. It was actually a decent sized room for that size bed. The whole room and all rooms were completely renovated and very clean. There were no issues whatsoever. The place is not a resort, but coming from a very picky person, I can gladly recommend here.

Stayed May 2012, travelled on business
2 Thank gburn07
Also consider these accommodations in or near Gibsonia
Home2 Suites by Hilton Pittsburgh / McCandless, PA
Hampton Inn Pittsburgh - Mcknight Rd.
Hampton Inn & Suites Pittsburgh/Harmarville
Hampton Inn Pittsburgh / Wexford-Sewickley
Fairfield Inn & Suites Pittsburgh North/McCandless
Comfort Inn & Suites Pittsburgh Allegheny Valley

Been to Quality Inn & Suites North? Share your experiences!