“Pool tile is dangerous” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #3 of 5 Hotels in Glen Mills
Center Valley, United States
“Pool tile is dangerous”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 October 2013

This hotel was very nice, however the pool tiles are an accident waiting to happen. I saw 3 people slip in the 15 minutes I was there. I highly suggest replacing the tile to avoid costly litigation. I am not sure I would return to this hotel if the kids were going to be in the pool area.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

hiscford, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Chadds Ford, responded to this review, 9 October 2013
We appreciate your concern regarding safety in the pool area. I will ensure that this is looked into and handled appropriately. If you should have any follow-up questions, please call the hotel at 610-358-9540.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (49)
Frederick
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 September 2013

Went to the Inn for business. Front desk personel were pleasant and helpful. Hotel was clean and crisp in appearance. Housekeeping was on an issue before it was even mentioned. We were having a meeting in aa room which had been closed up for a while. It ahd a bit of a stale oder, but we didn't even have an opportunity to think about it before housekeeping was there with some powerful Febreeze type freshener. Totally eliminated the oder without adding over powerful perfume scent. Then she left the bottle " just incase we needed more later. We didn't need it , but it was thoughtful to have it there. Well run hotel with easy access and ample free parking. Ther are to restaurants just beyond their parking lot. One is a fast food Chick Fil-A , ahte other is a non fast food steak house ( I think) . We didn't use either but would have had we known they were there ahead of time, as we had made other arrangements less convenient.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank clearly13
hiscford, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Chadds Ford, responded to this review, 26 September 2013
We are so glad to hear that you enjoyed our meeting space – it is a great feature for groups of up to 25! The Chick Fil A is open for breakfast, lunch, and dinner but our Texas Roadhouse is only open for dinner Monday – Friday, not lunch unfortunately. I am glad that housekeeping was able to take care of your needs in the meeting space as you mentioned, and will pass on my thanks to them!
Winchester, VA, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 September 2013

We made reservations on-line for two couples. Check in was a breeze, the rooms were clean and well furnished. The bed in our room was remarkably comfortable. The breakfast was more than adequate and compared favorably to other chain hotels

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

We are so glad that Front Desk, Housekeeping, and Breakfast were all up to your standards! The Hampton breakfast is a great feature and a yummy way to start the day! We’ll look forward to seeing you here again, and hope you will continue to stay at other Hampton Inns during your travels. Thanks!
Middletown, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 September 2013

The hotel was beautiful and staff was very friendly. The room was very neet and clean .The only bad part about this place is no refrigerator in the room and hair dryer kept cutting off. My weekend getaway was so peaceful and relaxing thanks to Hampton Inn.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

hiscford, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Chadds Ford, responded to this review, 23 September 2013
I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay in Chadds Ford! You are correct that our standard rooms do not have refrigerators, but our suites do feature Mini-Refrigerators and Microwaves if that is something you would be interested in for future stays. We'll also have Maintenance replace your hair dryer right away, so thank you for bringing that to our attention.
Mechanicsburg, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 September 2013

The Hampton Inn and Suites Chadds Ford is clean, comfortable, and attractive. The staff is generally friendly and helpful. The location is convenient and the price is competitive with the other hotel properties in the area. It's a nice place to stay at a fair price.

That said, we did have a couple of experiences that indicated some room for improvement.

As I was temporarily leaving the room to get some ice one morning, the housekeeper asked me if I needed the room serviced. My wife was in the bathroom, so I said, "Not right now." She must have interpreted it as a solid "no," because she never returned to take care of it. At most places I've stayed, the housekeeping staff returns later in the day to check on the rooms that they couldn't get to earlier. It was a small thing, though, and a call to the front desk got us some fresh towels (delivered quickly by the friendly and courteous guy at the desk).

The hot tub in the indoor pool area wasn't working right. The temperature was okay, but all attempts to get the jets working were fruitless.

The breakfast was just okay. Typical of other Hampton Inn offerings. On one morning they had little cheese omelettes that were pretty nice, but on the following morning they served some really horrible powdered scrambled eggs. I would have rather skipped out and run to a nearby eatery.

All in all, though, the place was more than adequate, and I will definitely keep it in mind when I return to the area.

Room Tip: The standard king room doesn't have a refrigerator. The suite has more floor space, but not much...
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
hiscford, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Chadds Ford, responded to this review, 11 September 2013
While I am sorry to hear that your experience with my housekeeping service was up to our standards, I am glad that you enjoyed your overall stay and guest room. Hampton has done an excellent job of providing what we hope is a good variety for all travelers during breakfast, but appreciate your feedback with regards to our eggs and will take that into consideration right away. Again, thank you for your feedback and we hope you will continue to chose Hilton and Hampton Hotels.
Cary, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 September 2013

In need of a great location for getting to various areas of Phila from City Line to Wayne to West Chester, this place fit the bill, recommended a super place to eat and treated us royally. Will return.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

We are glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us! There are many great restaurants in our area and I am glad that the staff was able to recommend one for you. We look forward to seeing you again, and wish you safe travels!
baltimore
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 September 2013

I stayed here 09/06/13-09/08/13 from the first night I noticed that my feet and legs were itchy but attributed it to whatever they washed the sheets in. The next day I noticed a couple bug bites on my feet and legs and thought maybe a mosquito got in the room. By Sunday morning I was covered on my arms, face and lower legs with bed bug bites. I can only hope they did not travel home with me I will never stay there again. At almost 134 a night before taxes and being a Hampton Inn I never would have suspected they would be infested.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank backchick
I am sorry for the quality of you recent stay at our hotel and appreciate your feedback. The health and safety of our guests is very important to us and we strive to provide our guests with 100% satisfaction. I assure you that routine inspections for cleanliness and pests are completed and all concerns are addressed to the best of our ability. Please contact me directly so I can speak directly with you about this matter. I can be reached at 610-358-9540, ask for the General Manager.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Glen Mills
Brandywine River Hotel
#1 of 1 in Chadds Ford
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites West Chester
Inn at Mendenhall, an Ascend Collection Hotel

Been to Hampton Inn & Suites Chadds Ford? Share your experiences!