“Solid, but a bit underwhelming based on other reviews”
Review of Il Granaio

Il Granaio
Ranked #1 of 67 Restaurants in Glen Mills
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 20 June 2014

I went to Il Granaio in 2 months ago. The service was excellent but the food was a little inconsistent. For appetizers, my date and I ordered calamari and polenta. The calamari was delicious, very crispy. The polenta, however, was not good at all. I'm not the biggest fan of polenta to begin with, so maybe my opinion was a tad skewed...but my date didn't like it either.

For an entree, I got the mushroom ravioli which was pretty tasty. I would go here again, but I'm not necessarily in a rush to do so. Again, service was excellent though.

There are newer reviews for Il Granaio

Reviewed 20 June 2014 via mobile

Il Granaio presents an apparent contradiction. The building, decor, energetic noise level, and demeanor of the staff, even the name, The Grainery, shouts a family-like welcome and hospitality. The service and food is old world elegance. What a combination! Our party of 6 started with appetizers of Fried Calamari and Grilled Octopus. Both were unbelievably delicious. The preparation and seasonings brought out the flavor of the delicacies whereas in most restaurants they overpower them. The Veal Saltambuca was so tender and flavorful I savored every bite. The grilled fish served over gnocchi was well enjoyed by one of our friends. All seafood and pasta dishes ordered brought raves from our group. This is about our 6th time dining here over the past two years and I am determined to go more often. AND - since it is a BYOB the total bill is as sweet as their amazing desserts.

Reviewed 19 June 2014

This is not my first time here and definitely will not be my last. I have taken an assortment of friends here for lunch over the past year and frankly I continue to be amazed each visit at how much I just love visiting Il Granaio. Needless to say, the food is awesome and no one has been disappointed in what he/she has ordered. Greg has welcomed us each time and can't be more attentive to assuring that our visit is an "experience". Everytime we bring someone new, he welcomes them as they are a regular (which they will become shortly after their first visit). At times I wish that they remained a hidden gem so we can stop by for dinner on a whim. Unfortunately, the secret is out so reservations even during the week are a necessity. Nevertheless, I will continue to come back for a truly wonderful event...

Reviewed 16 June 2014

My wife took her father and me to Il Granaio for Father's Day. She had visited this restaurant previously with a friend and was impressed. I understand why. The service was very good with the wait staff being very attentive and I thought the food was great. All three of us had something different and we shared our meals among ourselves. This truly is a hidden "gem" but I doubt it will be hidden much longer.

Reviewed 4 June 2014

We've been to Il Granaio BYOB on several occasions. It is difficult to get a reservation so call early in the week. (I admit that I would like to keep this place a secret, so we can get in but they deserve a great review for consistent excellence.)

The food is absolutely outstanding, authentic house-made pasta and special Italian features. They usually have a Bronzino special on the menu, get it if you love fish! Also the Gnocchi Gorgonzola and Braised Veal Ragout with house-made papardelle is phenomenal. I've never had a dish that I did not care for at this restaurant.

They have a great selection of desserts.

Il Granaio is a BYOB and there's a PA Wine and Spirits Store in nearby Concordville Town Center just in case you forgot to bring your favorite wine.

We will be back soon! Enjoy!

Been to Il Granaio? Share your experiences!