“Delicious”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 29 June 2014

This was our first time here though we live nearby but it won't be our last. Love the BYOB, keeps the cost down. Two in our party split the grilled octopus for an appetizer and raved about it. I don't usually do octopus but tried it and like it as well, may even get it next time. The caprese salad was just ok, tomatoes were not very ripe so that was disappointing, especially for an Italian restaurant. For entrees one
had the branzini and loved it. The man who filleted it tableside did so with a spoon and fork and managed to get every bone. The other two of us had fettuccini with lobster & asparagus and loved every bite if it. We had creme brulee for dessert which was also wonderful and a good size.
I strongly suggest reservations for any night of the week. We were there on thursday at 6pm and by 7pm it was packed.
The only real negative I have is that out table was next to the WC and while there was a hallway behind the door leading to the restrooms it was a steady stream of people in and out as you can imagine.

Reviewed 27 June 2014

Went for lunch with colleagues. Food was fine, but took 20 minutes from the time we ordered until the meals were served which makes it a risky choice for lunch. It wasn't that they were busy, even. Just very slow service all around.

2  Thank Karl M
Reviewed 20 June 2014

I went to Il Granaio in 2 months ago. The service was excellent but the food was a little inconsistent. For appetizers, my date and I ordered calamari and polenta. The calamari was delicious, very crispy. The polenta, however, was not good at all. I'm not the biggest fan of polenta to begin with, so maybe my opinion was a tad skewed...but my date didn't like it either.

For an entree, I got the mushroom ravioli which was pretty tasty. I would go here again, but I'm not necessarily in a rush to do so. Again, service was excellent though.

Reviewed 20 June 2014 via mobile

Il Granaio presents an apparent contradiction. The building, decor, energetic noise level, and demeanor of the staff, even the name, The Grainery, shouts a family-like welcome and hospitality. The service and food is old world elegance. What a combination! Our party of 6 started with appetizers of Fried Calamari and Grilled Octopus. Both were unbelievably delicious. The preparation and seasonings brought out the flavor of the delicacies whereas in most restaurants they overpower them. The Veal Saltambuca was so tender and flavorful I savored every bite. The grilled fish served over gnocchi was well enjoyed by one of our friends. All seafood and pasta dishes ordered brought raves from our group. This is about our 6th time dining here over the past two years and I am determined to go more often. AND - since it is a BYOB the total bill is as sweet as their amazing desserts.

Reviewed 19 June 2014

This is not my first time here and definitely will not be my last. I have taken an assortment of friends here for lunch over the past year and frankly I continue to be amazed each visit at how much I just love visiting Il Granaio. Needless to say, the food is awesome and no one has been disappointed in what he/she has ordered. Greg has welcomed us each time and can't be more attentive to assuring that our visit is an "experience". Everytime we bring someone new, he welcomes them as they are a regular (which they will become shortly after their first visit). At times I wish that they remained a hidden gem so we can stop by for dinner on a whim. Unfortunately, the secret is out so reservations even during the week are a necessity. Nevertheless, I will continue to come back for a truly wonderful event...

Been to Il Granaio? Share your experiences!