“The Best Restaurant: A Place For Everyone!”

California Tortilla
Ranked #23 of 70 Restaurants in Glen Mills
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed 28 May 2014

Cal tort is an awesome place where there is food for everyone. Everything on the menu is good. Pick what you're in the mood for because it's always good. Make sure you are careful when ordering, orders have been messed up, just go slow. Get a burrito Elito card. Saves money. Try to use their super cool soda machines with hundreds of drink combinations waiting to be made. My personal favorite is the southwestern salad with honey like dressing. Delicious! Moms on diets will dig that. Burritos are large and always good. Tacos are cool. Burrito bowls are cool for mess aware people. Salad are awesome. And the nachos,quesadillas, and anything are great.
Come into cal tort and be amazed.

Reviewed 23 October 2013

A regular stop for our family during the lunch time hours. Reasonably priced. Plenty of Burrito, Taco and Salad choices with a nice variety of flavoring options. Kids enjoy the Quesadilla and make your own options. Queso dip and Salsa are both delicious with the chips. Probably the best thing is the number of sauces that are available from the "Sauce Bar". Just about every brand and pepper type are featured here for free sampling - wicked cool (or hot)!! Staff is friendly and accommodating to order requests and changes. Pretty quick from order-in to number called.

Reviewed 19 May 2013

I tend to forget about this place and I dont know why. I've ended up at the Cosi next door too often I suppose. Run like a Qdoba but with a twist, and you dont watch employees assemble your meal. Reminds me of a 5 Guys as well. I like the alternative entree protein items, such as Blackened Chicken (my favorite) or fish. They'll do bowl or 'naked' style as well. Ingredients were fresh and service is fast. Self service on the drink machine. There's a large wall rack with weird and exotic hot sauces to choose from, or at least laugh about. I really enjoyed the chicken, and as I point out this is a vastly superior healthy choice over burger or chicken on-a-bun with fries places. Enough menu variety to keep you coming back every few weeks, and there's a loyalty program where you earn free food for your patronage.
I give it one star lower than top dog because of the chincy feel and the exceedingly large chains attached to the pen at the register you use to sign your charge receipt...falls short of 'funny'. Esprit-de-corps in staff can vary greatly, most seemed high school or college age, so I forgive them any 'hourly wage shift employee' persona - as long as it stays on their side of the counter.

Reviewed 15 May 2013

I personally prefer Chipotle more, but this was still good. The service was fast, and the food was great! Plus, if you've ever wanted to try 100 different types of hot sauce, this is the place to go!

Reviewed 3 March 2013

I didn't feel like adding the Lancaster location, because I feel like I am always adding new restaurants on this site, so I just assumed they are all about the same, being a chain.

I ordered a BBQ Chicken Quesadilla while my wife got an enchilada burrito bowl. My quesadilla had four pieces, though they would make you believe it only had three, since the one piece of tortilla had nothing in it. As I was looking for the meat in my quesadilla, I looked across the table to see my wife with a look of disbelief. She was disappointed as it didn't measure up to her Chipotle experiences in the past.

Not only that, but the seating straight sucked. No room at all and we had to take a table by the drink machine, which was like a water cooler and everyone was having conversations at it. We heard about a teacher reconnecting with an old friend, who also had a baby. There was a family of four whose kids didn't know how to choose a drink...I could go on...yet, I won't.

Not sure we will go back to this joint....