“Longwood Gardens”

Wyndham Garden Glen Mills Wilmington
Ranked #5 of 5 Hotels in Glen Mills
Reviewed 14 August 2014

Clean, comfortable beds, microwave, small refridge, pool, nice value breakfast, nice touches like real coffee mugs, glassware, good quality towels. Friendly,

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Wyndham Hotel and Resorts
JBeretsky, General Manager at Wyndham Garden Glen Mills Wilmington, responded to this reviewResponded 25 November 2014

Thank you so very much for your wonderful review!

Please feel free to call me on your next visit as I would like to make your reservation personally. I can eb reached at (610) 358 1700 x2131

There are newer reviews for Wyndham Garden Glen Mills Wilmington

Reviewed 8 August 2014

Got the room at the last minute on Priceline for less then $100 including taxes. Check-in is not until 3pm, but we were able to check-in at 2:30 with no problem. (There were people whining in the lobby about not being able to get into their rooms. No idea why we got our room and they weren't able to.)

I believe we had a handicapped accessible room. The bathroom was spacious, but there were no counters to put one's things on. The tile was nice, bath clean, and the shower head and water pressure were good. Overall, nice bathroom. One glaring issue: no exhaust fan.

The bed was clean, well made, and comfortable. The curtain left something to be desired. You could pull a sheers closed, but not an actual curtain. And our room overlooked the pool. (Ahem.) No room darkening curtains was a drawback -- seeing the street and outdoor lights at night.

In-room coffee was awful. No breakfast included in price, but breakfast available (we did not partake). Fridge in room, as well as microwave.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
JBeretsky, General Manager at Wyndham Garden Glen Mills Wilmington, responded to this reviewResponded 23 September 2014

Thank you for taking the time to review our property, I appreciate the detail and explainations in your review. The reason you were able to check in ahead of the people weait was they were most likely waiting for a specific room type while yours was available.

I am glad you enjoyed most of the amenities in our bathroom, all of these do have exaust fans that draw air out of the roof of the hotel, they are concealed however and are wall mounted not on the ceiling.

I am also glad you enjoyed are pillow top mattresses and cleanliness of the room. As far as the curtains are concerned, we do have black out drapes in all guest rooms they are concealed behind the sheers and only line the interior of the window. This design allows them to not protrude from the window as much.

Thanks again for your review and should you have any questions please contact me at (610) 358 1700 x2131

Reviewed 7 August 2014

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Wyndham Hotel and Resorts
JBeretsky, General Manager at Wyndham Garden Glen Mills Wilmington, responded to this reviewResponded 25 August 2014

Reviewed 7 August 2014

Spent one night here recently. Comfortable beds, smallish bathroom, asked to set temperature to wide range. Bar was nice and breakfast was good. If you need a room for a night of two not a bad spot, is recommend it.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled solo

Thank you so much for your great review of our property, I am glad you had a chance to enjoy the new BW Bistro our restaurant and Lounge as well as the other hotel amenities you mentioned. Thank you for your recomendation of our property to other travelers as well. I hope that should you be back in Glen MIlls, PA in the future you will utilize us again. Feel free to call me directly to make any reservations or with any additional questions (610 358 1700 x2131

Thanks Again!

Reviewed 5 August 2014

Nice chain hotel. Pool was active Saturday afternoon. Two elevators were a little slow. Ice machine on fifth floor out of order. Nice having Dunkin Donuts across parking lot. Breakfast looked OK with fresh cooked eggs/omlets for $7.95. Bid $75 on Priceline for a single night. We would come back.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to review our facility, I am glad you had the opportunity to enjoy the pool area as well as the rest of our property. Thank you for your review and should your travels bring you back to the Historic Brandywine Valley please do not hesitiate to contact me directly at 610 358 1700 x2131 and I will personally take care of your reservation.

Reviewed 5 August 2014

The hotel was okay and the people at the desk were very nice but the two elevators were the slowest elevators ever. The building is only five stories tall but the wait for the elevators was as if it was a 20 story building. The complementary breakfast was good but the room was very small and crowded. One man was making the eggs and omelets and he was very good but he was frantic , trying to accommodate everyone. He did a very good job considering he was slammed with business. There were no forks and no napkins. The hotel seemed unprepared for such a crowd.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends

Thank you very much for taking the time to review our property, I am sorry that you found our elevators to be an inconveinence; we have contacted our service provider to test the functionality of them.

I am really glad you found our front desk staff to me accommodating and I will make sure to commend them all i our next staff meeting.

As far as your concerns with breakfast on the date in question we had our diswasher call out last minute, as such we were unexpectedly understaffed. We did our best to try and accommodate everyone as quickly as possible.

Thank you again for taking the time to review our hotel and have a wonderful day!

Reviewed 31 July 2014

I really enjoyed my stay at the Wyndham until the manager decided to lay a damage charge on me for a room i did not stay in. He repeatedly made his problems my problems by charging me instead of the correct people in the room. He did not care who the money came from as long as he got it. I tried to resolve this issue multiple times nicely until he begun to ignore my phone calls. He would not answer my number any more or return my messages. I had to use my girlfriends phone just to get through to him. Representatives at the front desk would offer to work on any problems with me, however i was hung out to dry by self when trying to work out this serious situation with him.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
JBeretsky, General Manager at Wyndham Garden Glen Mills Wilmington, responded to this reviewResponded 5 August 2014

Thank you for taking the time to voice your concerns on Trip Advisor, Unfortunately when reserving 2 rooms under your name it makes it difficult for the hotel to charge another guest who dammages their room. As you are aware your friends stayed in a room that you reserved and signed for. They tampered with and ultimately broke one of the hotel windows. Because you were the signee on this room it was your responsibility to be liable for the dammages. I reached out to your friends who stayed in the room and they were impolite to me when I asked if they would cover the charges. hence why I recomended that you reach out to them direclty and have them reimburse you for the dammages they caused to the hotel room you signed for.

I spoke with you several times regarding this and explained the situation to you. However when you had your "legal Counsel" call and threaten me I had no recourse but to contact my legal department. As such any further corrospondence with regards to this issue will have to go through these channels.

In the future, if you are not willing to be liable for the people staying in a room you reserved, guarenteed and signed for I would strongly recomend having the guests actually staying in the room make the reservation in their name.

Thank you for your time and in spite of this issue I am glad you enjoyed your stay.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Glen Mills
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites West Chester
Hilton Garden Inn Kennett Square
Hilton Garden Inn Kennett Square
#1 of 2 in Kennett Square

Been to Wyndham Garden Glen Mills Wilmington? Share your experiences!