“Pizza on a whole new level” 5 of 5 bubbles

Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
San Diego, California
“Pizza on a whole new level”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 August 2014

Fresh Ingredients, Better Pizza...wait, that's the slogan for Papa Johns. However, that phrase actually seems to mean something at Ravanesi. The tomatoes are grown a few miles away. The dough and mozzarella are made in the restaurant. It just doesn't get much better than that. If you're happy with your typical chain pizza joints, feel free to stick with them. If you are looking for a different experience entirely, give Ravanesi a shot. No, it's not as cheap as other pizza you may be accustomed to, but it's absolutely worth it for the quality you get here. Yum!

• Visited August 2014
1 Thank DRVT

West Chester, PA
“Pizza, the best you can get!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 August 2014

This is the best pizza you can get – anywhere. Did I say… a-n-y-w-h-e-r-e! I can attest. I previously lived in Italy, for a year and half. In 2000, my wife and I moved from the Boston, MA area, to West Chester, PA (the western Philadelphia suburbs). We have "struggled" to find good pizza, and been disappointed many times. My wife received a recommendation to visit "Ravanesi Pizzeria Napoletana", and "Oh My God" (OMG), what a treat! The location is a little tough if you are not familiar with the area. The pizzeria is Located in a small strip mall, just before the Concordville Inn entrance from U.S. Route 1. It is only open from 4:30 PM Tuesday through Saturday (and until the pizza dough runs out). That being said, this is truly a "Bucket List" visit. Better-then-better, we discovered that David Ravenesi, the owner and only cook, originally lived in Everett, MA where his grandfather was the owner of the "Jack-O-Lantern Café". Please order and eat the pizza hot, right out of the oven at the restaurant. Although, the menu seems limited the quality certainly is not. At other restaurants, my favorite pizza is generally the Margherita, but at the “Ravenesi” it is David’s "Salsiccia" (Italian sausage and onions). “1A” is the Margherita. David will make a “split” pizza for you with both. The staff and owners are very accommodating. Bring your favorite beer or wine. Relax and enjoy, the restaurant is clean and friendly!

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“BEST PIZZA I'VE EVER HAD!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 August 2014

I consider myself a pizza nut and am fairly critical of pizza. Hands down the most authentic pizza in the area. Only Tony's napoletana in san francisco can even hold a candle to this place, and I actually think this is better. One guy makes all the pizza every day in a giant clay oven. I think maybe the owner? Anyway, homemade dough, top notch ingredients. They even make their own mozzarella! I will make a point to atop here any time I fly into the philly area! Now I am ruined for life on crappy pizza.

1 Thank Robert S
Oxford, Pennsylvania, United States
“I couldn't believe my taste buds!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 July 2014

My husband and I were looking for a central location to meet friends from Delaware County for a casual dinner. I posted an "in search of a good pizzeria/byob" comment on a facebook page site I belong to, and the rest, as they say is history!
Before deciding to go we checked out their website (http://ravanesipizza.com).
On the 1/2 hour drive from our home to Glen Mills, my husband read the 7 varieties of pizza's to me. By the time we arrived, we narrowed our selection down to the Salsiccia, and Rosso Verde. Our friends went through the same process, and we all decided on the same. They were tempted to try the Bianca, but decided they wanted to try the "gravy." The pizzas cook quickly and we had our dinner in no time. I'm still thinking about the Salsiccia (pronounced like sausigia) - it was so very good. The crust is wonderful, the cheese is delicious and there is no grease on the pizza.
I jumped right into the food description, but I have to say just stepping into the pizzeria was a delight. The Ravenesi's (the owners) and our server Kylie were so welcoming. They seated us immediately (I understand we were lucky because it gets pretty crowded), asked if we wanted water or a beverage, got us wine glasses and a container of ice to sit our white wine in. My friends arrived with champagne and they brought us different glasses for that. They were busy, but still attentive to our dining needs. We ordered our pizzas and had them in no time.
After dinner, Mrs. Ravenesi asked if we wanted to try the pizza dessert. It's a small pizza with nutella and a strawberry topping. Simply delicious. What a wonderful way to end the meal.
This restaurant has moved to the top of our dining-out list. Looking forward to our next visit already.

1 Thank Georgi E
USA
“Best pizza in the area !”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 July 2014

The good part is the pizza and BYO. The tricky part is they make the dough daily and it runs out quickly between dine-in & take-out. Go or call early. They are not cheap at ~13 to 18$ per 14 inch pie but sell out nightly.

Visited June 2014