“Housekeeping needs to step it up”

Staybridge Suites Wilmington - Brandywine Valley
Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Glen Mills
New York, NY
“Housekeeping needs to step it up”
Reviewed 24 May 2012

Stayed here one night for a wedding. We had a suite with a separate living room area and a kitchen. Room itself was fine--and cheap, think we paid $150 booking online. Nice pillows. Bathroom was NOT clean. Hair on floor and shower, my biggest pet peeve. For that reason, I would not recommend (although there really aren't any other options in the area). Maybe management will see this and step it up.

Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank lalabbott
Steve N, General Manager at Staybridge Suites Wilmington - Brandywine Valley, responded to this review, 6 June 2012
Hi Lalabbott,

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback about your stay! We are all disappointed that you found hair in your bathroom - our biggest pet peeve as well! But it is through feedback such as yours that we can, and will, improve as a team to ensure that ever guest stay is perfect!

We are very happy to here that you did find our accommodations a value and that you enjoyed other aspects of our hotel as well. We hope you enjoyed the wedding and we appreciated having you stay with us at the Staybridge.

If you are ever in the area again please contact me directly at steve.natale@sbsglenmills.com as I would love to have you come back for another stay!

Thank You!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
Grafton, VT
Reviewed 30 April 2012

The accommodations were nicely done. The beds were comfortable, the towels sufficiently soft and the room clean. The staff was tremendous,especially on check in. We brought our dog and they were more than accommodating, even having pet treats and toys available. I would definitely stay here again when I am in the Philly area.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
Steve N, General Manager at Staybridge Suites Wilmington - Brandywine Valley, responded to this review, 7 May 2012
Hi WholeWideEd,

Thank you for the great feedback! Nothing beats having our team recognized for the pride, enthusiasm and passion they bring to the hotel every day. We enjoyed having your family (dog included!) stay with us and we look forward to seeing you again soon!
Charleston, South Carolina
Reviewed 2 April 2012

Great place to stay. Very nice, clean & comfortable room. Great staff, friendly and very accomidating. Would stay here again. Had a 2 bedroom suite, plenty of room for a family, very private.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank debdg320
Steve N, General Manager at Staybridge Suites Wilmington - Brandywine Valley, responded to this review, 4 April 2012
Hi debdg320,

Thank you for the great review! We're so happy that you were able to spread out with your family in our two bedroom suite. It was a pleasure to have you and your family in the hotel and we look forward to seeing you again at the Staybridge!
Bend, Oregon
Reviewed 2 April 2012

I had to fly in from the west coast for a family emergency and my stay was exceptional. The staff were more than welcoming, everyone i talked to seemed to be happily employed, the management was able to help to my family and I with an issue or two and when we needed to stay another couple of nights it was simple and we kept the same suite. The buffet was tasty and bountiful, while the entire property was very clean and welcoming. The suite itself was quiet, comfortable, clean, and current. Our trip made us weary but our accomidations were very relaxing. Hats off to the staff at Staybridge, well done!

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
Hi TonyGthecomic,

Thank you for taking the time to provide great feedback to our hotel. Our entire team loves to hear from our guests! We 're happy that we were able to accomodate you and your family and we look forward to seeing you again at the Staybridge!
Ashland, Kentucky
Reviewed 16 January 2012

I stayed here overnight on a business trip, and my stay couldn't have been better! The managers reception was exceptionally nice--the food was very tasty and the free wine and beer were very good quality. The room was excellent. Although I didn't need the kitchenette, it was very well appointed with a big fridge, a LARGE microwave, stove top, and dishwasher. The coffeemaker was handy. The room was well laid out and the digital thermometer made it easy to adjust the temperature. The bed and bedding made for an awesome night's sleep. The breakfast the next morning was hot and tasty with a large selection of breakfast items. The staff was so accommodating and very friendly to travelers. There was also a free laundry room and an exercise room beside it. The hotel itself is within walking distance of shopping and restaurants. I have to go back there for job training soon and I can't wait to get there!

Room Tip: There was some construction going on in front of the hotel, but I didn't notice the noise. The h...
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank Teresa R
Steve N, General Manager at Staybridge Suites Wilmington - Brandywine Valley, responded to this review, 20 January 2012
Hi TRabalais,

We appreciate you taking the time to write such a great review! We look forward to seeing you again soon at the Staybridge!
Fremont, California
Reviewed 16 December 2011

I stayed here for 4 weeks and I couldn't have asked for more comfortable accomodations. The staff are excellent and friendly, and if you miss the designated meal times, there are plenty of restaurants nearby to order from. The best part of my entire stay, however, was having Ron the shuttle driver around. He is so sweet, caring and accomodating that you really feel taken care of during your stay. Although you do have to be mindful of sharing him and the shuttle with other guests, he always tried his best to accomodate me into his evening schedule as I had joined the YMCA and liked to get my evening workout in. Even when he would take the group to and from work, he made sure that no one was ever left behind and that if someone had to stay late, they had secured a ride. He would never allow anyone to ever feel stranded somewhere.

Room Tip: The only complaints I heard were on occasion, the garbage/dumpster pickup can be loud and it's a...
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled on business
2 Thank Suparna S
West Chester, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 19 November 2011

After a tragic house fire this summer left me, my husband, our two children, and two dogs homeless, we called Staybridge Suites looking for a place to stay. Although technically "sold out" the helpful front desk staff transferred me to Suzanne Sagullo, the Director of Sales and Marketing. After explaining our situation, she suggested I come take a look at the hotel and she would see what she could do. At our meeting she was very apologetic that she could not get our family into a 2 bedroom unit, however, they could accomodate us in adjoining rooms (one studio and one 1-bedroom unit). We were so grateful! That was just the beginning of the exceptional service and caring attention we received.
Like most suite hotels, the rooms are nicely appointed and the hotel offers many amenities like a hot buffet breakfast, sundowner hour several nights a week, a pool, complimentary computer use and internet, workout and laundry facilities. The latter are connected rooms, which was awesome as I could pop a load of wash in and then go do my workout in the morning. Perfect! But what really sets this facility apart is the staff. As mentioned, Suzanne went above and beyond to make sure our family had what we needed. She even stopped by the next day with a basket filled with pool toys for the kids, a bottle of wine and lovely plant for my husband and I and some treats for our dogs! After losing everything, those thoughtful touches really made us feel at home.
Our favorite mornings or sundowner hours were those when Barb worked. She is a true gem of a human being. She got to know our names, the likes and dislikes of the kids and went out of her way to make sure we always had what we needed. She is so hardworking and pleasant and her caring ways made us feel like we were dining in her home, rather than at a hotel. Another example of outstanding service is my son celebrated his 8th birthday while we were there and the staff went above and beyond to make it special with balloons and a cake! It was so amazing and thoughtful and made him feel very special.
Another touch of personal service was that most mornings I was awake before breakfast began to take the dogs for a walk and Pedro, one of the night auditors, always made sure there was fresh coffee and the creamers I preferred out and ready. One morning I went for an early run and it started to POUR rain! I was drenched when I returned and Pedro had put aside a dry towel for me. It was so sweet! (Btw, this is not the best area for runners, but there is an industrial park you can circle through and a good route for longer runs is down Britton Lake road to Mill road to Thornton Road then through the industrial park. Both options have you navigate some steep hills, but it's doable for those who want to avoid the treadmill).
I really cannot stress enough that this is not your typical hotel because it is not staffed by typical people but rather exceptional people. Our only issue was coordinating housekeeping because many of the housekeeping staff were afraid of our dogs. Given the length of our stay, we would have liked to have seen this issue get resolved a bit more pro-actively. This is something to think about if you are traveling with a pet. The grounds are nice for walking a dog(s) and otherwise we found the rest of the staff to be very pet-friendly.
As other reviewers have mentioned, if you don't have transportation and plan to travel beyond the shuttle radius, renting a car will be necessary. This is a bustling surburban area, but public transportation and taxi service is not convenient. The shopping center that is by the hotel offers nice shops, several good restaurants, and an upscale grocery store. It is a simple walk, less than 5 minutes.There is additional shopping (major chains like Target and Home Depot) and restaurants close by, but you have to cross a major highway to get there. You could walk, but might feel like you are in a game of Frogger! For families with kids under 12, Oasis Family Fun Center is only minutes away by car or the shuttle. There is also an AMC movie theatre about 5 minutes away by car/shuttle.
Whether you are in need of a nice, friendly, clean place to stay for a night or a month, I highly recommend this hotel. I would especially think they would be wonderful to work with for groups or those who need an extended stay. Thank you, Staybridge Suites staff for taking such good care of us and making a very trying time in our families life positive! We are forever grateful!

Room Tip: If you have storage needs, they do offer closets you can rent for an additional fee.
  • Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank Emilie M
Steve N, General Manager at Staybridge Suites Wilmington - Brandywine Valley, responded to this review, 30 November 2011
Hi Mle519,
We miss you and we hope that you are all doing well! Our entire team was inspired by the strength and resolve that your family demonstrated every day after losing your home. We were all in awe of your positive attitude when most people in your situation would see the world in a different light. You gave us all perspective and we enjoyed being here for your family every day! Thank you for sharing, with the world, your experience with our hotel. More importantly, thank you for inspiring us all with your incredible spirit and great smiles (doggies too!)!
~ Staybridge Suites
Brandywine River Hotel
#1 of 1 in Chadds Ford
Residence Inn Philadelphia Glen Mills/Concordville
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites West Chester

Been to Staybridge Suites Wilmington - Brandywine Valley? Share your experiences!