“Comfort and ease”

Staybridge Suites Wilmington - Brandywine Valley
Ranked #1 of 6 Hotels in Glen Mills
Reviewed 23 October 2013

My stay at the staybridge was excellent. The staff was helpful and friendly. The environment walking in is warm and comforting. The rooms were clean and spacious. Free wifi. The breakfast is great. Fresh fruit, eggs, waffles, oatmeal, lots of options. Highly recommend.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
Steve N, General Manager at Staybridge Suites Wilmington - Brandywine Valley, responded to this reviewResponded 11 November 2013

Hi Rachel A,

Thank you for taking the time to write such a great review! I’m so happy to hear that you enjoyed your experience at our hotel. On behalf of the entire Staybridge Team, I would like to thank you for choosing to stay with us and for recommending our hotel to others!

Reviewed 1 October 2013

We had a week lag time between selling our house and buying our next home. And we have a small dog. Tis was the perfect solution as they are dog friendly. But the facility is very clean, polite, and attentive to your needs. Breakfast every morning, no, this is not a B&B in Chadds Ford, but it was decent. Tues and thurs, I think, they have a little happy hour and they served salad and meatballs. If you did not want to venture out to the many local restaurants, you could fill up on that. Atho, P.F. Changs is right there, along with Buffalo Bill Wings, Texas Roadhouse and more if that is your style. and also Fresh Market which has delicious food that you can bring back to the room and heat up. But I would highly recommend going south on route one to the Gables for some very fine fare. And Hanks, also on rt one at intersection of rt 100 for breakfast for local Brandywine Valley atmosphere.

Room Tip: Apparently the two queen room is bigger than the king bed suite, FYI. That is what we chose.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Steve N, General Manager at Staybridge Suites Wilmington - Brandywine Valley, responded to this reviewResponded 10 October 2013

Hi C B,

Thank you for the great review! The team at Staybridge is happy to hear that our hotel was the “perfect solution” for you and your family while in between homes. We all hope that you are enjoying your new home and we look forward to seeing you again soon.

Thanks,

Reviewed 13 September 2013

We stayed here for a friend's wedding and found it very charming. It is off the highway and hidden in the beautiful scenery of Pennsylvania. It is in a great location but can be a little difficult for out of town guests to find. They have a great outdoor area with swimming pool & basketball court.
My luggage was lost at the airport and delivered 5 hours after was promised and a member of the hotel staff stayed at the front desk an hour after his shift was over to make sure and get my luggage for me. This was a great hotel with a wonderful staff!

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with friends
Steve N, General Manager at Staybridge Suites Wilmington - Brandywine Valley, responded to this reviewResponded 3 October 2013

Hi HotelInsider08,

Thank you for the great review! I’m so pleased that you found our hotel to be charming. It is never fun to lose your luggage, but I have no doubt that our team would have stayed as long as it took to ensure that you received your luggage! We hope the next time you are in the area you choose to stay with us again!

Reviewed 9 September 2013

My family and I stayed at the Staybridge Suites in Wilington while driving through on a whim. It's kind of hidden from the main roads, which may make it challenging for out-of-towners to find. The kitchenette is well appointed and the room itself was clean and nice. I personally slept on the pull-out sofa, and it left a little something to be desired, but I am told the king sized bed was quite nice. The staff was friendly and helpful, and breakfast the next morning was a treat.

The one negative, in my opinion, of this hotel is their pet policy. While we did not have a pet with us, they do allow pets in their rooms. This is quite convenient for those with pets, but quite aggravating for those without. I must admit the carpets appeared cleaner than I would have guessed, but the barking from neighboring dogs forced us to change rooms when we arrived. I do commend the staff for addressing our dissatisfaction with our room when we arrived, but I expect this is a reoccurring problem. Those who value their quiet time may find this to be an issue.

Room Tip: Be sure to inquire after a room away from pets!
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family

Hi Jessica G,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel! I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay and found our hotel staff to be friendly and helpful and our hotel to be clean and comfortable. We are pet friendly, and I am happy that you took advantage of that for your stay. Our team does take extra measures to ensure that all of our rooms are spotless, so thank you for noting that the carpets were very clean. I was also very happy to hear that you were satisfied with our team’s response to your initial problem with a noisy dog. Thank you again for your feedback and we hope to see you again in the future!

Reviewed 4 September 2013

With no hope of getting to the beach over Labor Day weekend, my husband and I decided to "staycation" and our main priority was a place with a pool. The Staybridge Suites fit the bill, especially because they could accommodate our small pup, too. I had a delightful conversation wtih Kate on the phone when booking, and before hanging up, she asked, "What's your favorite bottle of wine?" Yep - there it was waiting for us in a gift basket upon checking in. Super clean, a comfy bed, full refrigerator and mini kitchen - and the plentiful breakfast in the a.m. was terrific. From the make your own waffles to the eggs and french toast sticks, we were actually sad to check out. Though just ten minutes from our home, it felt like vacation.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Steve N, General Manager at Staybridge Suites Wilmington - Brandywine Valley, responded to this reviewResponded 12 September 2013

Hi BrednaV,

Thank you for choosing our Staybridge for your “Staycation”! I’m so happy to hear that you enjoyed the holiday weekend and that our beautiful hotel and pool fit the bill! Kate is one of the best in the business so make sure you speak with her again when you and your husband feel the need to get away! Thank you for taking the time to write such a glowing review and we all look forward to seeing you again!

Reviewed 1 September 2013

Just so perfect!!! My son is doing intense therapy for Autism.... and this is the hotel that was recommended for my 2 weeks stays. It's a perfect set up with having a kitchen for his special dietary needs. It like having a little apartment with a side of vacation. Great sports court for kids!
The area is so nice and loads of great stores!!! The hotel is extremely clean and well managed
And I feel extremely safe and comfortable. Everyone who works here extremely happy and eager
To make your stay a good one. Customer service beyond wonderful. That means everyone!!:)
At the front desk Brian and Nicholas... Two young men who just go out of there way with big smiles
And hello and good bye every time you pass them.
They make you feel like family. It means lot when your traveling with a special needs child and staying 2 weeks at a time every 3 months. I have stayed at a multitude of hotels that have suites with kitchens... But by far this is my favorite!!!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family

KerriAnne I,

WOW! We cannot thank you enough for the great review! The entire team here at Staybridge was so touched by your kind words. We all enjoy having you and your family with us and we hope that we can continue to provide a great place for your entire family to enjoy when you come to town. Thank you for continuing to stay with us and we all look forward to seeing you on your next trip!

Reviewed 29 August 2013

This is a newer property, in a nice setting, convenient for travelers going to Wilmington, Chester County and even Philadelphia sporting events. Plenty of nearby shopping and restaurants. I think the rates compare favorably to other nearby hotels especially when considering the size of rooms, inclusion of full kitchen in room and the cleanliness of the hotel. During my stay, I did notice a fair number of what appeared to be construction/contractors who looked like they may be on long term stays at the hotel. Although not an issue, this group did take up a lot of parking with a few oversized vehicles and had a very noticeable presence at the happy hours and breakfast buffet. I would recommend the hotel and suggest that it provides a much better option than the several nearby facilities.

• Stayed: August 2013

Hi pine1144,

Thank you for writing about your great experience at our hotel. We all appreciate that you found our hotel to be a great value and that you recommend our hotel as a superior option in the area! Thank you for choosing Staybridge and we look forward to seeing you again!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Glen Mills
Hilton Garden Inn Kennett Square
Hilton Garden Inn Kennett Square
#1 of 2 in Kennett Square
Residence Inn Philadelphia Glen Mills/Concordville

Been to Staybridge Suites Wilmington - Brandywine Valley? Share your experiences!