“Snow and ice and more snow and ice but a warm place”

Staybridge Suites Wilmington - Brandywine Valley
Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Glen Mills
Charlevoix, Michigan
“Snow and ice and more snow and ice but a warm place”
Reviewed 12 December 2013

Went to Glen Mills for business, but there was a really bad snow storm on Sunday, December 8th and the airplanes were delayed and I pulled into the hotel at 12:50A. It had snowed a lot then it was freezing rain. The hotel was comfortable and new. The front desk guy was helpful. So, in the morning with little sleep I went down to their breakfast (I never eat motel "free" breakfast). The breakfast was GREAT. The coffee was good. So I had breakfast for two days. It is now Tuesday evening and I was planning to go to P F Chang's which is about two blocks away. As I came in from the snow and cold there were many people in the eating area, then I remembered that this hotel has a reception on Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday. So I joined a table for many beers and a hotdog. With the snow and ice this turned out to be a good refuge.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
Steve N, General Manager at Staybridge Suites Wilmington - Brandywine Valley, responded to this review, 2 January 2014
Dear Don C,

Thank you for the great review! I’m happy to hear that you had a great experience at our hotel and that you especially enjoyed our complimentary breakfast and evening Social during that nasty snow storm. Nothing beats some hot food by the fire! Thank you for choosing to stay with us and we hope to see you again soon!

Steve

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
Hyderabad, India
Reviewed 5 December 2013

The hotel is located near a good shopping area. The hotel staff is very friendly and polite. The give a healthy breakfast for free. The hotel cab driver - "Ron" is a very nice and friendly man. The room's are good and spacious for one person.

Thank you for the wonderfull experiance.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
Dear Bharat B,

Thank you for taking the time to write about your wonderful experience at our hotel. We know that there are a lot of choices out there, so thank you for choosing to stay at Staybridge and we look forward to seeing you again!

Orlando, Florida
Reviewed 23 October 2013

My stay at the staybridge was excellent. The staff was helpful and friendly. The environment walking in is warm and comforting. The rooms were clean and spacious. Free wifi. The breakfast is great. Fresh fruit, eggs, waffles, oatmeal, lots of options. Highly recommend.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
Steve N, General Manager at Staybridge Suites Wilmington - Brandywine Valley, responded to this review, 11 November 2013
Hi Rachel A,

Thank you for taking the time to write such a great review! I’m so happy to hear that you enjoyed your experience at our hotel. On behalf of the entire Staybridge Team, I would like to thank you for choosing to stay with us and for recommending our hotel to others!

Chadds ford
Reviewed 1 October 2013

We had a week lag time between selling our house and buying our next home. And we have a small dog. Tis was the perfect solution as they are dog friendly. But the facility is very clean, polite, and attentive to your needs. Breakfast every morning, no, this is not a B&B in Chadds Ford, but it was decent. Tues and thurs, I think, they have a little happy hour and they served salad and meatballs. If you did not want to venture out to the many local restaurants, you could fill up on that. Atho, P.F. Changs is right there, along with Buffalo Bill Wings, Texas Roadhouse and more if that is your style. and also Fresh Market which has delicious food that you can bring back to the room and heat up. But I would highly recommend going south on route one to the Gables for some very fine fare. And Hanks, also on rt one at intersection of rt 100 for breakfast for local Brandywine Valley atmosphere.

Room Tip: Apparently the two queen room is bigger than the king bed suite, FYI. That is what we chose.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
Steve N, General Manager at Staybridge Suites Wilmington - Brandywine Valley, responded to this review, 10 October 2013
Hi C B,

Thank you for the great review! The team at Staybridge is happy to hear that our hotel was the “perfect solution” for you and your family while in between homes. We all hope that you are enjoying your new home and we look forward to seeing you again soon.

Lake Jackson, Texas
Reviewed 13 September 2013

We stayed here for a friend's wedding and found it very charming. It is off the highway and hidden in the beautiful scenery of Pennsylvania. It is in a great location but can be a little difficult for out of town guests to find. They have a great outdoor area with swimming pool & basketball court.
My luggage was lost at the airport and delivered 5 hours after was promised and a member of the hotel staff stayed at the front desk an hour after his shift was over to make sure and get my luggage for me. This was a great hotel with a wonderful staff!

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with friends
Steve N, General Manager at Staybridge Suites Wilmington - Brandywine Valley, responded to this review, 3 October 2013
Hi HotelInsider08,

Thank you for the great review! I’m so pleased that you found our hotel to be charming. It is never fun to lose your luggage, but I have no doubt that our team would have stayed as long as it took to ensure that you received your luggage! We hope the next time you are in the area you choose to stay with us again!

Tromsø, Troms, Norway
Reviewed 9 September 2013

My family and I stayed at the Staybridge Suites in Wilington while driving through on a whim. It's kind of hidden from the main roads, which may make it challenging for out-of-towners to find. The kitchenette is well appointed and the room itself was clean and nice. I personally slept on the pull-out sofa, and it left a little something to be desired, but I am told the king sized bed was quite nice. The staff was friendly and helpful, and breakfast the next morning was a treat.

The one negative, in my opinion, of this hotel is their pet policy. While we did not have a pet with us, they do allow pets in their rooms. This is quite convenient for those with pets, but quite aggravating for those without. I must admit the carpets appeared cleaner than I would have guessed, but the barking from neighboring dogs forced us to change rooms when we arrived. I do commend the staff for addressing our dissatisfaction with our room when we arrived, but I expect this is a reoccurring problem. Those who value their quiet time may find this to be an issue.

Room Tip: Be sure to inquire after a room away from pets!
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
Hi Jessica G,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel! I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay and found our hotel staff to be friendly and helpful and our hotel to be clean and comfortable. We are pet friendly, and I am happy that you took advantage of that for your stay. Our team does take extra measures to ensure that all of our rooms are spotless, so thank you for noting that the carpets were very clean. I was also very happy to hear that you were satisfied with our team’s response to your initial problem with a noisy dog. Thank you again for your feedback and we hope to see you again in the future!

Aston, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 4 September 2013

With no hope of getting to the beach over Labor Day weekend, my husband and I decided to "staycation" and our main priority was a place with a pool. The Staybridge Suites fit the bill, especially because they could accommodate our small pup, too. I had a delightful conversation wtih Kate on the phone when booking, and before hanging up, she asked, "What's your favorite bottle of wine?" Yep - there it was waiting for us in a gift basket upon checking in. Super clean, a comfy bed, full refrigerator and mini kitchen - and the plentiful breakfast in the a.m. was terrific. From the make your own waffles to the eggs and french toast sticks, we were actually sad to check out. Though just ten minutes from our home, it felt like vacation.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
Steve N, General Manager at Staybridge Suites Wilmington - Brandywine Valley, responded to this review, 12 September 2013
Hi BrednaV,

Thank you for choosing our Staybridge for your “Staycation”! I’m so happy to hear that you enjoyed the holiday weekend and that our beautiful hotel and pool fit the bill! Kate is one of the best in the business so make sure you speak with her again when you and your husband feel the need to get away! Thank you for taking the time to write such a glowing review and we all look forward to seeing you again!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Glen Mills
Brandywine River Hotel
Brandywine River Hotel
#1 of 1 in Chadds Ford
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites West Chester

Been to Staybridge Suites Wilmington - Brandywine Valley? Share your experiences!