“Nicest Hotel in the Glen Mills area !”

Staybridge Suites Wilmington - Brandywine Valley
Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Glen Mills
Fairfax, VA
“Nicest Hotel in the Glen Mills area !”
Reviewed 29 May 2009

I stay at this hotel every week and as I have a choice this is the nicest hotel around - always very clean and the people go out of their way to assist me. The hotel is not only very terrific looking it is also nice inside. Rooms are always very clean. I would recommend it to anyone staying in the West Chester / Glen Mills area.

• Stayed May 2009, travelled on business
2 Thank MBAutoMan

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
Glen Mills
Reviewed 20 May 2009

I am a supervisor at a local restaurant in the same shopping center near this hotel. I have seen many hotels and businesses come and go here. This hotel however is an unsung gem. The quality of the rooms and the service is exactly how I would dream my favorite hotel to be. The rooms have all the normal things you would find in a hotel but then there was the cooktop the refrigerator that was normal size not college dorm type. Actual silverware to eat with a stocked cabinet with dishes I could go on and yes a dishwasher. The view was great and the service 1st class. I myself am in need of a place to stay long term near work in a few months and let me say.....DONE DEAL! There are people who shop just for price and they get the "deal" they asked for (smile). Me, I work hard and like to come back to a room that feels like home. This is it. Quality and great service. Staybridge Suites.
Kim and Suzanne, Ryan, etc..what place have you been lately that you refer to the workers by name and skill. This is it....pack your bags folks!!!!!

• Stayed May 2009, travelled solo
1 Thank quiet1GlenMills
Central Virginia
Reviewed 9 May 2008

We look for Staybridge whenever we travel and have found them to always be a great value and exactly what we want in a hotel no matter what state we are in (NJ, PA).

This location did not let us down.

We travel with 2 adults and 2 preschool age children and the separate bedroom from living area and kitchen is IDEAL. The staff at this location went over and above what I could expect with accommodating our needs.

The breakfast was a big hit with the kids and us.

The location is prime for Longwood, Winterthur, Brandywine Zoo, Natural History Museum. Also recommend McKenzie's Brew House in Chadds Ford (very close to hotel). We had to go there 2 of 3 nights for dinner and microbrews.

I highly recommend staying here.

• Liked — Value
  • Disliked — ?
  • Stayed April 2008, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
springfield
Reviewed 31 October 2007

Upon entering the hotel i was rather impressed it looked very new and the front desk seemed nice, they even upgraded me cause i was a platinum member... BUT they put me in a handicapped room which had no closet space and both my wife and I had to hang formal clothing for an event the following morning. I went in to shower and the shower rod itself had a heavy oily residue on it which was rather disgusting. The television channel selection was poor at best and you practically needed a ladder to climb into bed. After finally getting to sleep because of the walls being paper thin i felt something on my neck. i quickly turned on the light and found a HUGE stink bug crawling on me, GROSS!!! I was so disgusted I left the following morning without even having breakfast. For a new hotel you would think the last problem would be bugs. I guess its probably because they let people bring amnials with them into their rooms. If thats the cause look for this hotel to go down fast.

• Liked — N/A
  • Disliked — the bugs
  • Stayed October 2007, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2 Thank drhatter
Topdocs, Manager at Staybridge Suites Wilmington - Brandywine Valley, responded to this review, 29 January 2008
While we appreciate all guest feedback, this customer unfortunately did not reach out to any representatives of the hotel during his stay. As we take all customer response and suggestions seriously, we certainly wish we had the opportunity to investigate the guest challenges expressed in this review.

We can assure that our hotel cleanliness is exemplary and our hotel has consistently acheived "commendable" service scores of 98% and above. We welcome you to come experience our beautiful new hotel for yourself during your next visit to Glen Mills!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Glen Mills
Brandywine River Hotel
#1 of 1 in Chadds Ford
Residence Inn Philadelphia Glen Mills/Concordville
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites West Chester

Been to Staybridge Suites Wilmington - Brandywine Valley? Share your experiences!