“This place is a deal”

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Gordonville
Imperial
“This place is a deal”
Reviewed 15 January 2012

Last March, 12th, 13th and 14th, 2011 I went to Lancaster to see Engelbert in concert. I stayed here with my 1 dog and the room was in the back, quiet and extremely clean. I was pleasantly surprised as I had no reservation. The lady at the front desk was extremely nice and talkative. No problem with making a reservation for two more days. Very affordable place to stay, I recommend the back rooms (these are the dog friendly rooms) if you want more quiet. The back rooms face a neighborhood. I plan on staying here again in May 2012.

• Stayed March 2011, travelled solo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Brick, New Jersey
Reviewed 2 November 2011

I recently stayed at the Motel 6. I chose this hotel as it is dog friendly,and I had my little dog with me The room was average, but very clean. The property appeared to be well maintained. The staff was pleasant. The only problem I had was with the "free wireless connect", which was sporadic at best, and showed a weak signal. I had some work to do, but couldn't do it because the signal faded in and out, and it kept disconnecting. If you have work to do over the internet. I recommend you stay elsewhere. Other than that, it was a clean motel with a good rear entrance for taking the dog out. The tv's appeared to be of the 19" variety. I would stay here again if they fixed their internet problem. When you advertise "free wireless internet" you should get it.

Room Tip: If you are traveling with a dog, ask for lower level near the rear entrance.
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled solo
Sewell, New Jersey
Reviewed 6 October 2011

When we arrived we were told that I did not have a reservation there. I gave her my paperwork with my reservation, her response was o no not again. They did not have a room with a king bed witch is what we wanted, so we decided to find another hotel. The person at front desk was no help in helping us find a place.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank epinjw

Travellers are raving about these Gordonville hotels

Hamburg, Germany
Reviewed 6 December 2010

This Motel 6 was really clean and had nice duveys. It was close to the places were you can visit the Amish and do tours and so on. There was no breakfast, but that is Motel 6 standard. That was for me and my friend okay though. We grapped some food close to the Motel.

I would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed November 2010, travelled with friends
Philadelphia, Pa.
Reviewed 14 July 2010

It's a Motel 6, so obviously it's not a deluxe hotel. All in all it was clean and gave the basics that we needed. Front desk person was nice and helpful when we checked in. Everything was fine until we woke up the next morning to no power in the hotel due to a storm. No problem, it's not their fault. But then we found that no power also equals no water in this motel! So, no shower, no toilet flushing, etc. Any business that uses a well for water, as this motel does, should have a generator backup for the well pump at the least. That is in their control. To reiterate: I'm not complaining that the power was out, only that they don't have generator backup for the basic necessities of living (like water).

Also, as others have said, road noise from Rt. 30 can be loud at times due to windows that aren't very well sound-proofed. Not terrible, but it's there. Speaking of Rt. 30, be aware that this section of Rt. 30 often backs-up with heavy traffic at all hours of the day and it can take a while to get to/from the motel.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank BriPhilly
Houlton, Maine
Reviewed 3 March 2010

We've stayed at this Motel 6 a few times, and I considered trying someplace new on this past visit -- not because there's anything wrong with the place, but because variety is the spice of life. After reading A LOT of horrific reviews of other budget hotels in the area on TripAdvisor, I came back to Motel 6...and we had another perfectably acceptable stay.

Let me be really clear: it's a Motel 6. It's basic, basic, basic; if you book here, you should know upfront that you aren't getting the Ritz-Carlton. But the motel met all of my requirements for budget accommodations -- the room was clean and everything was relatively new and in good repair (it's one of the "refurbished" Motel 6's). The location is really central to most anything that you might want to do in Lancaster County; the staff is accommodating; and you're not paying too much.

• Stayed February 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Kathryn H
long island, new york
Reviewed 29 June 2009

This Motel Six located in the middle of the Pennsylvania Amish Country is one of the cleanest motels I have been in in a long time. The beds were wonderful, bathrooms were large and very clean. The motel is convenient to al attractions, restaurants and some excellent outlet shopping, country craft shops and more. The room rates here are very attractive, about $60.00 for the room on a saturday night. This a motel I will return to

• Stayed June 2009, travelled as a couple
2 Thank amishboy
Also consider these accommodations in or near Gordonville
Cherry Lane Motor Inn
Harvest Drive Family Inn
Harvest Drive Family Inn
#3 of 3 in Intercourse
Best Western Plus Intercourse Village Inn & Suites

Been to Motel 6 Gordonville? Share your experiences!