Eby Farm Bed & Breakfast
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation but we can search other options in Gordonville
See available hotels
Motel 6 Gordonville(Gordonville)
View Hotel
All reviewscape codcovered bridgefrench toastswing setamish buggiesevery morningamish countryb bplay housebreakfast was deliciousapple crispkind hostsrooms are lovelycorn fieldswafflesliving roomlancaster county
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 26 July 2011

This was my first trip to Lancaster County and I was looking forward to an authentic farm experience. Well, staying at the Eby farm did NOT disappoint. Joyce was incredibly gracious and her home very comfortable. I can't imagine how anyone would review this place with anything less than positive feedback. We were greeted warmly and given a great deal of information about the many wonderful attractions in the area. The big highlight of our stay was touring the dairy farm and learning about its workings. Joyce even helped us milk one of her cows. We would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank trishthetraveler69
Reviewed 13 July 2011

I had done a lot of research on working farms before our trip to Lancaster. I read all the reviews on here and ignored the one bad review given assuming that guest was a picky person and it didn't match to what others wrote. WELL!! I was wrong. I should have paid closer attention as that reviewer was 100% honest. We drove up to Eby Farm and the scenery was beautiful. The location cannot be beat. It was very close to everything. The farm is actually split into two and there is a road running between the farm house and the cape house. We stayed in the cape house. There was a lovely swing set directly in front of our room that my kids loved, There is also a play house but it was so dirty and full of cobwebs and spiders that my 5 yr old daughter refused to play in it. I don't think it is ever cleaned. The cape house rooms are in a finished basement with private entrances and windows. You are not handed a key to your room. We had to ask for one and were told that it is not done. However, after more discussions, we received a key. The room was decorated very nicely but it was not clean. There was a dust on most surfaces. The same thing with the common areas... the whole place could use a thorough cleaning. The breakfast everyday was a huge disappointment. She made pancakes and french toast and ham, The french toast is made form frozen bread that is kept in her freezer in multipacks. The pancakes and french toast do get reheated every morning when there are leftovers. The coffee pot is never washed!!!!! We witnessed a dead moth on the drip part of the coffee machine that was never removed. Joyce simply made more coffee in the pot every day. The ham is never heated and served cold. The eggs she makes are made on a electric skillet in the laundry area on top of the washing machine that also never looked clean. The fruit she served us usually sat out most of the morning collecting flies and insects before she would decide to put it in the fridge to serve the next day for breakfast. The juice is made from frozen concentrate. The yogurt was served 3 days past its expiration date. The only good part of breakfast were the animal waffles she made fresh. Our towels were never changed and neither was the garbage in our room. We had a baby with us so this was a huge inconvenience for us as we had dirty diapers in the trash. I had to change our own trash every day. Joyce was a lovely lady. Very sweet and kind. However her bed and breakfast service could use improvement. The kids loved their time there. The tour was very informative and fun. The toys in the common room were a big hit with the kids. Especially the marble roller. If you do not mind spiders and dust and old food for breakfast then this is a great B&B. but if u expect a little more then this is not the place for you. that being said, we did have a lovely time..just not the cleanest time...oh and the Amish dinner with the older couple is misleading as it is not in their farmhouse but in their trailer.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
4  Thank Teresa N
Reviewed 31 May 2011

In a nutshell, my 7 year old daughter declared that staying at the Eby Farm was the best time of her entire life!
Where do I start? Rooms: I was impressed by the thoughtfulness of the Eby's to build their bed and breakfast home with their guests in mind. The house sits on a hill with two entrances: one to the main floor and one to the lower floor. Our room was on the lower floor directly facing the sunrise. What an incredible scene to wake up to. The room had its own separate door to the back garden where my husband and I enjoyed many hours on the swing watching the pond, the gazebo and the fields. The kids on the other hand, when we remembered to look for them, were either on the swings, in the playhouse, playing with the kittens, or runing with the over-excited and fun dogs.

We have stayed at many beds and breakfasts and I can say that this is the most memorable one. My kids were crying they did not want to leave and when we asked them what did they like the best from their trip to Lancaster, the number one choice was the Eby farm (not the amusement park!).

The room was very clean and fully loaded with soap and towels. We also stored our water and snacks in the fridge.

Joyce was amazing. If you want to go to place where people care about you and welcome you as one of them, the Eby is the place to go and Joyce is the woman to visit with. My children would run out of bed to go help her set the table and run around her like little ducks. The children loved her and wanted to spend time with her. And Joyce is someone who does this business because she loves children and she loves people. It did not bother her that some toddlers threw food on the floor. She went and picked it up with a smile.

There was alwasy healthy snack at the table, and the kids went back and forth and drank lemonade, apple cider and orange juice. The breakfast was so delicious, we often had 2 and 3 servings of everything. Everything was made fresh and was very very tasty. Moreover, most of the items we had was from Joyce's garden. I loved giving the children the fresh milk that we helped her fetch.

What I love the most is how Joyce brought the three/four families together. As guests we all came from different parts of the US, but somehow at the end, we were exchanging phone numbers and email addresses and planning our return trip to Eby's.

Joyce also gave us wonderful advice on where to eat and what to do and what service to access. She arranged a special dinner with an Amish family for us that is so so memorable.

Eby is a family that is guided by their faith. Her many inspirational quotes and plaques were very uplifting.

Value for your money? Eby's is among the most economical places to stay at in Lancaster and what we got for our money far exceeded our expectations.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled with family
3  Thank ratrouta
Reviewed 28 April 2011

This was our fifth visit to Lancast but the first stay with the Eby family.

Joyce has been a wonderful host, who did not get tired cooking pancakes and waffles for all the children and even when they got back from feeding the calves and milking cows the kids got a second helping since they all of a sudden got hungry again. We have stayed with families on farms before but never had such a warm welcome. Every bed was filled since it was the week of Easter but Joyce managed to give us all the same attention and magically all the kids got along fine and so did the happy parents. When my daughter forgot her beloved stuffed animal in the bunk bed Joyce has send it via mail to her.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank Alexandra95
Reviewed 23 April 2011

I recently stayed at Eby Farm B&B, what a great time! Everything was wonderful,The Eby's are very warm & friendly people. Joyce made us breakfast every morning and had breakfast with us. My daughter Hannah who is 8, just loved it there. She loved meeting new people, but mostly loved helping Joyce's granddaughter Sarah with chores on the farm...such as milking cows,feed a calf a bottle , as well as making bottles & collect eggs. Not to metion playing with all the kids, as well as sarah. There were lots of kittens to hold and love. Truely 1 of the best vacations we had and I'm sure 1 my daughter will NEVER forget. Thanks so much to the Eby family....You will see us again! Fact is that we haven't even left yet (tomorrow we leave) and my daughter is already asking to come back in the summer! The Links stayed 4/21/11 - 4/24/11

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled with family