“awesome place”

After Eight Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #1 of 5 Gordonville B&B and Inns
Reviewed 3 June 2012

Just a lovely, cozy, a relaxed bed & breakfast. Went there with three of my friends to see a play and do some shopping. We stayed in the east cottage, felt as though we were at our home away from home. It was roomy, clean and very comfortable. I so enjoyed the beautiful gardens, and the tranquil atmosphere. Robert, the inn keeper was most personable and entertaining, also a great cook. The breakfast he served us was a lovely and absolutely delicious. I have already reccomended it to one of my co workers who makes it a family tradition to go christmas shopping in Lancaster. Hope to return one day soon.

Room Tip: East cottage was awesome, roomy and very economical if you plan on going away with a group I highly...
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled with friends
There are newer reviews for After Eight Bed & Breakfast

Reviewed 29 May 2012

Our second stay was as enchanting as the first. This time we stayed in the Sunrise Bay Window Room. We had a beautiful view of the gazebo, garden and the Amish field being worked by the neighboring farmer (horses and all). The first was the Balcony Room with the same views that we enjoyed on our own private balcony. The breakfast is something you have to experience. Not just the fine food as I'm sure is mentioned in most reviews but also the entertainment Robert supplies with this delicious meal. Robert is also a host that knows all the right places to go no matter what your interests are. He is a truely enchanting personality. Relaxing, spotless and decorated with fine taste are words that come to mind in describing After Eight. My wife and I will be returning later this year as we do not hesitate to visit After Eight again and again. Pam & Kevin - Monson, Ma.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 23 May 2012

This was our first visit and we loved it; all the comforts of home. The food was fabulous. We enjoyed relaxing in the living room each evening and working on the puzzle. We will definitely come back and recommend After Eight.

Reviewed 22 May 2012

We had a wonderful weekend trip here. Robert was so helpful in his suggestions and advice. The rooms were beautiful and the whole place spotless! He provided an entertaining and delicious breakfast as well. I'd highly recommend After Eight!

Reviewed 20 May 2012

This was our third stay at After Eight. Our first saty was just by perusing the web and decided to give it a shot. We have never been disappointed. The place truly gives you the ambience of home, right down to the puzzle in the family room. Which my wife and other guests we have taken there have been addicted to each time. This is one place where the innkeeper is not only a great host, but is highly qualified in the kitchen, with his remarkable breakfast offerrings. Where else can you also get a sideshow of storytelling and jones after breakfast, He is a wealth of knowledge of the area and what is going on. We have enjoyed many conversations on our stays, and look forward to returning.

Room Tip: We have tried several rooms, each time we have stayed and have not been disappointed, yet. Whether...
Reviewed 15 May 2012

My wife and I were more than extremely pleased with the After Eight B&B. The housing and accommodations were superb. The breakfasts served were unique and delicious to the point where I had to buy a cookbook that was available. Robert the host was one of the most pleasant persons I have had the pleasure of dealing with. He was able to assist in activities and sites for our vacation. His knowledge of the surrounding communities is a real asset for any vacation goers to the Lancaster Area. The After Eight and Robert have really assisted my wife and I in having a memorable 5 year wedding anniversary. We will be back for another stay sometime!
Thank you!

Room Tip: We recommend the Sunrise Room
Reviewed 1 May 2012

We've stayed at a variety of B&Bs, both in Lancaster County as well as some of the surrounding counties. I highly recommend the After Eight! The food was delicious and I really liked that on the weekend, Robert gave you an option of either an 8:30am breakfast (for those who like to get up and go) or 9:30 for those of us who prefer to sleep in a little on vacation. For weekday breakfast where there was just the 8:30 option, he made a tray for my late sleeper DH. Robert was very friendly and the jokes were 'punny' and funny!

He provided drinks and snacks that were available 24/7 but also a small (public) fridge if you brought / bought anything perishable and also made sure you could properly mark your items so they weren't shared.

We were in the deluxe suite and the extra room had both a sleeper sofa and chairs that were really comfy (wasn't sure they were going to be based on the pictures alone). Loved the extermal exit to our room. Lots of things to do if you didn't want to venture away from the After 8 (puzzles, chess, board games, laptop with internet access, magazines, DVDs). The grounds were gorgeous!

Room Tip: I'd prefer a room in the back b/c of the traffic on Route 30 but our bedroom was on the side and...
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Gordonville
AmishView Inn & Suites
Bird-In-Hand Family Inn
Bird-In-Hand Family Inn
#3 of 3 in Bird in Hand
La Quinta Inn & Suites Lancaster
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Lancaster (Amish Country)

Been to After Eight Bed & Breakfast? Share your experiences!