“The place was alright but not great”

After Eight Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #1 of 5 Gordonville B&B and Inns
Reviewed 1 December 2010

There's not much to do in the neighborhood.
This bed&breakfast was alright but the owner definitely had an attitude. It's located by the highway so expect a nice view of trucks passing by at night. It's a possible choice to stay in Amish country but I wouldn't return there.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Aleksandr Y
There are newer reviews for After Eight Bed & Breakfast

Reviewed 2 November 2010

my wife and i got married in June of 2010. we stayed at After Eight B&B at the end of October 2010. My wife and I had tickets to Sight and Sound. She gave me the go ahead to choose the B&B. There are a lot of B&B's in the Lancaster area. I liked the pictures from After Eight's website and i took a chance. It was a hard choice. After Eight made me look good as a new husband. We had a great time. If you are looking for a B&B in the Lancaster and beyond area, choose After Eight!

Robert the keeper of After Eight was very friendly, funny and extremely informative about what to do for food, fun and relaxation. Our room was well maintained, very comfortable and relaxing. There are two sitting rooms downstairs, an amazing kitchen and dining area. Robert provides board games, cards, puzzles, great snacks and free beverages. The view of the backyard is a true Lancaster painting. The breakfast he provided each morning was grade A. My wife and I even purchased the cook book he and about 40+ other Lancaster B&B's put together. We are looking forward to making for our family what Robert made for us. Robert makes you feel at home. His cookies are amazing. After Eight might be the only B&B we ever go to now.

After Eight is right off the road. It was great because of the convenience to go places. Our room was close to the road and we could barely hear the traffic.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank michaelburns14
Reviewed 12 August 2010

This is the most beautiful B&B.....this is a very clean place, the food is great, the InnKeeper makes you feel very much at home.....he is just wonderful . I tell all my friends
this is the only place I would stay when in Lancaster, Pa.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank recsal
Reviewed 3 August 2010

Robert is a phenomenal host that knows the area very well. The location is great.
The B&B is perfect and the food excellent

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Billp009
Reviewed 16 February 2010

this was a much needed get away for me, the rooms were so clean and i felt right at home. My room was great, i slept so well that i did not wake up once through the night.
The Inn Keeper, Robert, was so helpful, he answered every question about the local history, plays, shopping golf, etc... I will be back and will be telling my friends, family, and my co-workers. Last but not least, the breakfast was amazing, i am not a cook, but i bought a cook book from him and will try to cook the way he did. It was great, im ready now to go back. Thanks Robert and staff

• Stayed: February 2010, travelled solo
1  Thank jonjon1962
Reviewed 22 September 2009

My wife and I stayed at After Eight B and B Sept.18th to the 20th and we had such a great time. The owner/inn keeper Robert is one of the nicest people you will ever know. My wife and I are very picky when it comes to staying at places and we have nothing negative to say about the B and B or Robert you will get alot of bang for your buck staying here. When it came to check out time my wife and I didn't want to leave but we will be back. Thanks again Robert!

Joe and Nancy Murphy
Philadelphia Pa.

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank murphdog3894
Reviewed 28 July 2009

My husband and I stayed here for a visit to Amish PA. We really loved the rooms because they had an authentic antique feel with modern amenities. The breakfasts were amazing, especially the almond crusted french toast with fresh edible flowers decorating the plate. The staff is very friendly and professional. It is also convieniently located for sightseeing and antiquing.

• Stayed: April 2006, travelled as a couple
2  Thank N0tApplicable
Also consider these accommodations in or near Gordonville
AmishView Inn & Suites
Bird-In-Hand Family Inn
Bird-In-Hand Family Inn
#3 of 3 in Bird in Hand
La Quinta Inn & Suites Lancaster
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Lancaster (Amish Country)

Been to After Eight Bed & Breakfast? Share your experiences!