“All Day Float Trip on the Delaware”

Filingo Fly Fishing
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: FilingoFlyFishing is a company based upon teaching people all aspects of the wonderful art of fly fishing. Anglers have the option of creeping through the woods to try and catch beautiful brook trout, or relaxing as they float down the amazing Delaware River system in pursuit of large, wild brown and rainbow trout. There is so much amazing water in the Northeast United States. Lets explore!
Reviewed 22 June 2018

Seven buddies and I fished the Delaware, Beaverkill and Willowemoc in early June. Fortunately Don and I had an all day float trip with Jesse Filingo on the Delaware River from Shehawken to Buckingham. By all day I mean meeting Jesse at 7:30 AM and getting off of the water at 8 PM. Of the other 6 guys who had other outfitters for floats, we were the only ones who seemed to be on fish all day long. Of the group, Don and I caught the largest fish, 22 and 20-inchers respectively. Jesse has a keen knowledge of the best fish holding spots on the Delaware.

Jesse is outgoing, knowledgeable, and enthusiastic. He takes vicarious pleasure in having his clients catch fish. Not all fishing guides have these essential qualities. I have had fishing guides in the Western US, Alaska, Chile and Belize. I would put Jesse in the top echelon of guides that I have fished with.

Jesse provided flies, tippet and would have provided rods and reels if necessary. For food, he provided onion rolls to make sandwiches with deli meats and cheese, condiments, chips, power bars, soda, beer and water. Don and I were not wanting for nourishment.

Bottom Line: I would go on another float trip with Jesse.

All reviews
"stream"
"flies"
in 7 reviews

Reviewed 20 June 2018

If you ever wanted to take a fly fishing float trip on the Upper Delaware or any Eastern River , don't look any further than Mr. Filingo. This was a fantastic trip with a great man who is the consummate professional and loves to work with "anyone" to enjoy the day and catch fish. Jesse really knows what he is doing from the initial planning and communication with the customer right down to the logistics of the overall experience.
I brought my 87 year old dad on the trip and he said "it was one of the best days of his long life and Jesse was the reason why !" Do this trip you will love it ! Roy F

1  Thank ErinF1773
Reviewed 19 June 2018

I decided to take 3 of my daughters fly fishing. They had no experience at all. Jesse was patient, kind and fun to learn from. We had a fantastic day with him. They all want to go fly fishing again soon! I would strongly recommend him for a guided trip.

Reviewed 19 June 2018

Jesse is an amazing guide and overall person - great enthusiasm and people skills. My sisters, stepdad, and I range in skill level, but he managed to teach us all something new about fly fishing. He also taught us about the bugs and fish that we were encountering on our adventure. Every single one of us caught a fish, and we all enjoyed the day that Jesse put together for us. Would absolutely recommend him for anyone looking to take a fly fishing trip, including families!