“Very clean and comfortable hotel.”

Hampton Inn Harrisburg / Grantville / Hershey
Ranked #1 of 9 Hotels in Grantville
Reviewed 8 October 2011

My family and I have stayed there on many occassions. We have always had a great stay. We have stayed at other hotels to safe a few dollars and it backfired. You may pay a little more but it is worth the price.

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled with family
HARGH95GM, General Manager at Hampton Inn Harrisburg / Grantville / Hershey, responded to this reviewResponded 25 October 2011

Thank you for taking the time to comment on your stay at our Hampton Inn. I will be sure to share your comments with staff. We always appreciate reviews like yours from our repeat guests. We hope you will continue to choose our hotel when you travel to our area.

Reviewed 6 October 2011

The room was clean. Breakfast was normal for a Hampton Inn. Carpet showed wear in hall and bathroom door paneling was peeling. Room was quiet. Only complaint is that I called ahead to find out how much a cab would be from the airport. The Hilton website stated to contact hotel for information. The lady that answered the phone at the Hampton Inn was rude and would not help at all.

Room Tip: Ask for room not facing road. Very quiet on other side of building.
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled on business

Thank you for your review of our hotel. I am glad you enjoyed our clean & comfortable hotel. Our staff prides itself in keeping the hotel in great shape. I'm sorry we weren't able to answer your taxi question, but you will be glad to know we will soon be do improvements that include new doors and carpet, as well as all new guestroom furniture. Thank you for staying with us and we hope to see you again.

Reviewed 13 September 2011

I stay at this Hotel every year in September and I can always expect the same level of customer service. They do not disappoint.
The front desk employees are always friendly and helpful and the rooms are clean, breakfast is good. Fresh baked cookies in the afternoon!
The only negative is the same as with a lot of hotels, when someone shuts their door, you can hear it, and noise from other rooms.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled solo
HARGH95GM, General Manager at Hampton Inn Harrisburg / Grantville / Hershey, responded to this reviewResponded 28 September 2011

Thank you for your comments about our hotel. We are certainly glad you keep coming back to us each year. I hope you liked our remodeled bathrooms. This winter we will be bringing in an all new furniture package for our rooms so by the time we see you next September the rooms will be completely updated. We really appreciate our repeat guests and look forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed 17 August 2011

I was really surprised at how nice and clean the Hampton Inn, Grantville was. We usually stay at nicer, more expensive hotels - but as a last minute trip, we were trying to cut costs. The room was very clean, the bed comfortable - all linens (including coverlet) were fresh and clean each day. I read one review that mentioned bedbugs - I ALWAYS check thoroughly, there were no bugs to be found. The one thing that needed a better cleaning was the tub - it was a big tub with jets, but the jet openings looked very dirty. The shower, however, was a newer head, good water pressure and very comfortable.

We stayed in a king suite, and it was perfect for our family of 5, not huge, but fine. We even brought in an airbed, had plenty of room for it. The decor was updated, clean and neat. The indoor pool although heavily chlorinated was great - - plenty of clean towels poolside too. This hotel was 10 minutes door to door to Hershey park, very convenient location. The breakfast wasn't great - cold was fine, but the "hot", not good. We decided after the first day to travel up the road to Friendlys.

I also read in the reviews that there were "kids everywhere, loud, unattended" etc. We did not find this to be the case at all - it was very quiet mid-August, and most days didn't see many other families with children.

All in all, if you are looking for an affordable, conveniently located, clean hotel without lots of bells and whistles, Hampton Inn can't be beat.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank jeaninct

Thank you for your kind review of our hotel. Here at the Hampton Grantville we try hard to provide the best possible experience for all our guests & reviews like yours give us the feedback we need to do so. I am glad you were pleases with your stay and want you to know that we have even more improvements coming up to both our guest rooms & public areas. Thanks again and we hope you will visit us again.

Reviewed 31 July 2011

Kudos to general manager Curtis MacEachern for running such a tight ship at this well run Hampton Inn. After spending a long day at Hershey Park with the grandkids, we were greated with respect and concern as we checked in at 10 pm at night.. they even filled our request with an adjoining room (my sister's family stayed their too). the rooms were clean and very well appointed.. My grandchildren thought the bathroom was so beautiful, and they LOVED the "fancy" breakfast bar....everything was wonderful...we were up early for the breakfast and even had time to swim in the very clean pool the next morning before our departure... this hotel only a 15 minute ride from Hershey Park and easy to access and much cheaper than those close to the park...we will be back... My only suggestion is to add an additional waffle maker to the breakfast.... the waffles are a favorite on vacation and there was a long wait for that.. everything else was perfect..thanks!!!!

Room Tip: resonable rates
1  Thank Nanaiscool
HARGH95GM, General Manager at Hampton Inn Harrisburg / Grantville / Hershey, responded to this reviewResponded 11 August 2011

Thank you for the positive comments about your stay. I'm glad you enjoyed your time with us and liked our newly remodeled bathrooms and "fancy" breakfast. I'm also glad you were able to spend some time in the pool before checking out. As you suggested, we have just recently added another waffle maker to the breakfast bar because of their popularity. Again, I appreciate your comments and we hope to see you the next time you come to our area.

Reviewed 28 July 2011

This was our second time back to give it another chance: there was not much improvement in customer service. The bathroom in the our room smells wet and musty. Breakfast was not that appetizing. For the amount of money that we paid for the room, we truly expected better. Disappointing, but then again, we had one bad experience and we decided to go back; so serves us right! Needless to say, this will be it.

Reviewed 27 July 2011

This is the closest hotel to the Penn National - Hollywood Casino, so my wife and I booked a room here on a saturday night. The hotel is nice, and the service, room, breakfast, and building cleanliness were all fine.....but be prepared for gazillions of kids running around, splashing in the pool, crying all through breakfast, cheerios all over the floors, and the like. But the hotel is also one of the closest "value" hotels to Hershey and Hersheypark, and with this comes..... kids galore. Let me be clear - I love children, and it was not a hardship for me, but people need to know this. It will NOT be quiet, peaceful, intimate, or relaxing....but the hotel was more than fine for our purposes. Our room (a king suite) was actually very good, and had a seperate bedroom from the living room/kitchenette and bathroom (which was really large and quite versatile). I strongly recommend booking the suite. Funny story: after arrival, my wife and I decided to take a quick dip in the swimming pool/hot tub (also quite satisfactory). We were in for no more than a couple of minutes when the door flew open, and a dozen kids stormed in and did cannonballs, one after another, into the pool. The water was in the air, over the sides onto the walkway around, ....everywhere. It was just like the scene from Caddyshack.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family

Thank you for the review of our hotel. I'm glad that you enjoyed your stay and it is true that during the summer Hersheypark season we have many families staying with us because the amenities we offer and the short drive to Hershey. But, we are also a great place to stay for all kinds of travelers year-round because of our convenient location off Interstate 81 & close proximity to the Hollywood Casino. Hopefully you will choose to stay with us again and the next time you get to enjoy the pool & hot tub a little longer.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Grantville
Holiday Inn Harrisburg/Hershey
#6 of 9 in Grantville
Days Inn Grantville
Days Inn Grantville
#4 of 9 in Grantville
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Harrisburg Northeast (Hershey)
Hampton Inn & Suites Hershey

Been to Hampton Inn Harrisburg / Grantville / Hershey? Share your experiences!