“Decent, but not the best CHI I've stayed in”

Motel 6 Harrisburg - Hershey North
Ranked #7 of 9 Hotels in Grantville
Reviewed 5 June 2007

Stayed one night at this location and was not particularly overwhelmed by it. Had stayed in a Country Hearth Inn in Fitzgerald, GA and it was very nice, clean, and well maintained. This one was just "adequate". The room was clean, as was the 2nd floor hallway, but the first floor hallway looked ruddy due to sopping wet people traipsing down the hallway ruining the carpet. The pool did not look very inviting, so I steered clear.

There was nobody at the front desk upon arrival on Tuesday, 5/29/07 at 4 p.m. Instead, there was a sign directing me across the street to the Scottish Inn. Upon entering the Scottish Inn, I was immediately upset that I didn't book there as it is a brand new establishment with lots of polished pine, bright colors, and big windows in the lobby. The woman at the desk walked me back across to the Country Hearth and checked me in. I think there were only two guests the hotel that night. It was very quiet.

The bed was comfortable except that the "fitted" sheet was not fitted and kept coming lose causing me to end up sleeping directly on the mattress which was not desirable. The bathroom was clean and there were plenty of towels that were reasonably soft - especially for a motel.

Overall, the hotel is average, but the $71 I paid (AAA rate) was a little high for the accomodations. I would say this hotel is worth more like $40, but the Hershey/Harrisburg area seems overpriced, or maybe I just didn't look hard enough. I trusted the Country Hearth Inn brand as I had stayed there before, but after staying at this one, I will think twice.

• Stayed: June 2007, travelled solo
    • Check-in / front desk
1  Thank SilverFlame

PA
Reviewed 15 April 2006

Front desk man Bruce was rolled out the welcome mat upon my arrival. He made sure everything was ready. The room I received was on the second floor. I had a minor lighting problem with the room and contacted the desk. He offered to move my things for me. I just went down to the desk and declined his offer, but took a room right across the hall. Very attentive people working at this hotel.

I can't complain one bid. It was easy, quick access to the interstate and to Hershey Park. Jonestown road takes you right to the entrance of the park--no turns whatsoever. Continental breakfast was adequate. Rooms were clean. I really couldn't ask for anything more. It's not like I was looking for a resort, so this hotel was just fine.

I would definitely stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed: March 2006
7  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Lakeland, Fl
Reviewed 26 September 2005

I booked this hotel based on the reviews here and what I saw on there website. There were a total of 3 families staying, all coming from out of town. First thing, beware of the "coupon rate" I was told that its only available certain nights, and if you already have a resevation, you can't use it unless you want to get charged double. Whats worse, the front desk man took away from me all of the coupon books I had picked up at the gas station in front of the hotel. Told me I wouldn't be needing them anymore.

Our first room was on the 2nd floor, close to the elevator. One piece of travel advice to everyone, check your showers for hotwater upon getting to the room. We didnt find out till 2:30a when I was getting a shower that it didnt work. So we had to move to another room down the hall. The second room was non-adjoining, so it was less noisy, but this room had mold issues, wallpaper peeling all over the bathroom and was just very unclean. After going to the front desk to ask for a possible upgrade to a suite room due to getting 2 horrible rooms in one night, I was told there was none available(which I believe he was lying as I could see his reservation sheet) and I could come talk to the manager in the morning.

I never did speak to the manager as I had limited time in the parks and the manager was just never around when we were. The pool closed at 9:30 which was a disappointment for the kids in our group as HersheyPark was open until 10pm and we stayed until closing. The pool was also VERY warm and over chlorinated. The ice machines are located on only the 1st and 3rd floors, and neither worked. The soda machines were also broken. The floors in the hallway squeeked. The walls are also VERY thin, as are the floors. Be aware of you are on the 1st or 2nd floor. Best bet, stay FAR away from this hotel and its staff. I was never offered anything for my trouble.

The only good thing about this hotel was it was about 10min from Hersheypark and there was a 24hr Pilot gas station right out in front who had very friendly helpful staff. Beware of this hotel.

• Stayed: September 2005
4  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Culpeper, Virginia
Reviewed 27 August 2005

This is a GREAT hotel which is very reasonable. It was about 10 minutes from Hershey Park straight down rt 39. Right near I-81. Staff was wonderful, very accomodating. Pool was great. It was highly chlorinated, but very clean.

The continental breakfast was HUGE! Lots of options, plentiful quantities. We made it down around 9 and there was a lot available--fruits, bagels, muffins, doughnuts, breads, english muffins, fresh juices, cereals/oatmeal. We were stuffed.

We will continue to visit this hotel in our future visits to Hershey Park.

• Stayed: August 2005
Reviewed 27 July 2005

We stayed here 1 night, using coupons out of the booklets you get at welcome centers. We paid $49 each for 2 rooms and felt it was very good value at that price.
The rooms were clean, comfortable, and decent. There was a good-sized indoor pool. The front desk man was very courteous and helpful.
The continental breakfast was basic but acceptable.
This was a good stopover for us.
Note that this hotel is now a Country Hearth (not to be confused with the Country Inn & Suites at the same exit).

• Stayed: July 2005
1  Thank roswellmom
NJ
Reviewed 19 May 2005

CLEAN & FAMILY FRIENDLY. INCREDIBLE price for it's location (straight shot up Jonestown Rd to Hershey Park - less than 10 minutes). We booked late and were close to the hotel entrance/lobby/pool, so the room was loud at times from Hallway traffic, but that's the only negative and only thing that kept this from being a 5 star review. Very clean, SPECTACULAR STAFF (friendly, responsive, and helpful). Pretty good selection at the continental breakfast (but get there early if you want a cheese danish). Most likely will stay there again.

• Stayed: December 2004
1  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
St.Catharines,Ontario
Reviewed 24 October 2004

The service at this hotel was excellent, the staff
were extremely friendly and helpful. This hotel
is clean and great for the price. The hotel is
conveniently locatated, only about 5 miles from
hershey and the free breakfast was above average!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Grantville
Econo Lodge Harrisburg
Econo Lodge Harrisburg
#30 of 50 in Harrisburg
La Quinta Inn & Suites Harrisburg Hershey
Super 8 Harrisburg Hershey North
Days Inn Grantville
Days Inn Grantville
#4 of 9 in Grantville
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Harrisburg Northeast (Hershey)
Comfort Suites
Comfort Suites
#6 of 9 in Grantville

Been to Motel 6 Harrisburg - Hershey North? Share your experiences!