“Epic Fail”

Epic Buffet
Ranked #11 of 15 Restaurants in Grantville
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 12 October 2013

The wife and I decided to try their buffet this evening because we always hear the advertisements and had never been there. The waitress was 110% on the ball and fantastic. However, I guess the best way to describe the food would be in the words of Al Czervik. "And tell the cook this is low grade dog food. I've had better food at the ballgame, you know? " The prime rib couldn't have been any drier. The seafood was extremely bland. The best thing there was the diet coke. Very disappointed! :(

1  Thank Paul H
There are newer reviews for Epic Buffet

Reviewed 4 October 2013

Last time at this casino, we tried their fast food outlet and were very disappointed. We did have at least 1 decent meal at the buffet so we decided to try it for Sunday Brunch.
That is not going to happen again!!
Had a piece of their beef roast and besides being a little too rare for me, it had an off taste so I only had 1 bite. After getting more food, of which their selection was limited for the price, I think a manager came over and said "the server noticed you did not eat the beef. We put a new one out if you would like to try it." I said thanks. As I was walking back to the buffet, another guest approached me and asked how I liked the beef and I said "NOT". He said his was foul tasting also. Does not seem like it should have even been put onto the line.

Small selection of meat, none of which was any good at all. Other sides were not very appealing so we left very hungry.
May not end up going back for a while unless we notice some serious changes.

1  Thank James N
Reviewed 8 July 2013

If you enjoy buffets, the Epic Buffet within the Hollywood Casino is an excellent restaurant. The selection of foods is very good, the food is very good, the restaurant is spacious and airy and kept very very clean! The wait staff were friendly and on-the-ball to keep tables clean and beverages refreshed.

Reviewed 26 June 2013

Epic Restaurant, located in Hollywood Casino is Big in every sense of the word! The Casino itself is themed "at the Movies" and that theme caries over to the Buffet. There are American selections (Fried Chicken, Turkey, Roast Beef) English selections (Fish and Chips) Italian selections (Pizza, Pasta Bar) Asian selections (Dumplings, Spring Rolls, Fried Rice) a few different Soups. Potato's (Mashed, Fried, boiled Reds and Wedges) a variety of vegies both Fresh and Grilled selections. The Salad bar was outstanding with a wide variety of selections and the desert bar is UNBELIEVABLE! Desert bar beside having all kinds of Cakes and Pies also has a Chocolate Fountain and Ice Cream. All this for $14.99 I'd say that's a value!

Reviewed 8 May 2013

The buffet is not a good value for the price. If you go when they are staffed the food is hot. On the off times things are empty and selection not the best.