“Wonderful B&B”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Grantville
Red Umbrella Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #1 of 2 Grantville B&B and Inns
“Wonderful B&B”
Reviewed 23 June 2012

We stayed for one night at the red umbrella and had a wonderful experience. Tim and Anna are really great hosts that give you the feeling you are visiting with family. The keurig machine was a bonus as we like fresh coffee in the morning and evening.we had red roses and hershey kisses in our room when we arrived, such a personal touch to the night away from home. A must stay when you are in the Hershey area. We would love to stay there again!

• Stayed June 2012
1 Thank Andrewarenda

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Pennsylvania
Reviewed 14 June 2012

I cannot recommend the Red Umbrella B&B more. We loved it there. The bed was so comfortable, sheets smelled heavenly, steam shower was our favorite, but the jet bath tub was great too. Loved our conversations with Ray and Anna. We felt right at home and the breakfast was amazing. We have stayed at the B&B twice, once for Vday and the second for our Anniversary and we can't wait to go back again. We enjoyed our conversations so much with Anna that we actually left the B&B as friends. It is a must visit!

Room Tip: Get the Large suite!!!!
  • Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Alliebe
Northumberland, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 10 June 2012

My husband and I stayed at the Red Umbrella in January 2012 for an overnight getaway close to home. Anna was friendly, personable, and hospitable and her made-to-order breakfast was fresh and delicious. Our room was immaculately clean, tastefully decorated, and very comfortable. The fireplace in the living room was a beautiful and warm welcome on a cold winter night. I had been an assistant innkeeper at a 12-room Select Registry Inn in Central PA for several years and am oftentimes a bit skeptical about staying at another Inn/B&B. The Red Umbrella is definitely a recommendation of mine and I look forward to visiting again in the near future!

• Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank davenjilly
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, United States
Reviewed 23 May 2012

My boyfriend and I stayed here for a weekend to visit Hershey, PA. We stayed in the largest room. I highly recommend it. The bathroom was incredible. The shower had a radio, 6 different heads and a steam option and the tub with jets was very soothing. Anna made us feel welcome immediately upon entering and was very flexible with our late check in. The breakfasts were incredible. This was my first time at a bed and breakfast and I was very pleased. Kelci and Vinnie.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
Benton, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 14 May 2012

My wife and I had the pleasure of staying at the Red Umbrella 5/12/12. It was a joy.
Anna the Innkeeper is an excellent host and should be proud of the fine job her family has done in restoring this historic building. Attention has been made to those little details in the Inn that really round out a job well done.
We stayed in the larger bedroom with the very large shower and bubble bath which proved to be very enjoyable. The Inn is very clean and decorated very well. We had a tasty breakfast that was very ample in portions and in selections. Anna is a good cook and tries to use local homemade products. Our banana bread and blueberry lime jam were great.
We were sorry our stay time was a bit rushed due to our personal schedule and wished we could of stayed longer. Great Inn, Great food, Great Inn keeper.
We truly enjoyed meeting Anna and her great Inn.
We will return.
Allen and Marie

Room Tip: All rooms looked great. They just varied as to sizes
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
Lewisburg, PA
Reviewed 19 April 2012

My first time at this beautiful B&B...feels just like home. Every detail is covered, the rooms are lovely, clean and well-appointed. The Innkeeper, Anna, made me feel completely welcome and special. I'm a bit of a lodging "snob" and this facility gets my highest recommendation. Don't look any further, this is the place to stay!

• Stayed April 2012, travelled solo
Mineral Point , PA
Reviewed 6 March 2012

We stayed at the Red Umbrella last year for our 25th anniversary and had such a wonderful time that I felt that I had to surprise my wife with another trip for her birthday. Anna is such a wonderful person and has the best personality to own this bed and breakfast that it is an absolute treat to stay here. She makes you feel so welcome and makes you feel like you are not just a guest but like you are a good friend . We have stayed in the large room both times and have loved it . Definitely worth the extra for the tub and shower. The whole place is so relaxing , from the gas fireplace in the living room which was awesome on a cold snowy February night, to the tub and shower to the fabulous comfy bed. Breakfast and the wonderful conversation was the icing on the (birthday) cake. I would highly recommend this B and B to anyone who needs a very nice place to stay for a getaway or to rent out the whole place for a group or family trip to Hershey Park or Harrisburg or a gambling trip to Hollywood casino ..I wouldn't consider a big chain motel even close to the atmosphere of a b and b for the same if not higher price. This is a great place and will definitely be back . Thanks Anna for another great stay.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Grantville
Hampton Inn Harrisburg / Grantville / Hershey
Comfort Suites
#5 of 9 in Grantville
Holiday Inn Harrisburg/Hershey
La Quinta Inn & Suites Harrisburg Hershey

Been to Red Umbrella Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!