Comfort Suites
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Pool
View Hotel
All reviewswaffleshollywood casinoroom was cleansausagenice staywould stay againhot breakfastclose to hershey parkking suitenice poolstayed here for one nightcerealmilesharrisburg
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 30 September 2013

It's becoming a yearly trip for me and a friend to travel to Hershey and Grantville. The Comfort Suites is always quiet and clean. The hotel is just off I-81, but we've never had a noise issue. We enjoy the hot breakfast and are happy to return every fall. The staff is friendly and helpful, too.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 17 September 2013

So I book this hotel with doubt after reading all the negative reviews simply because I usually stay at comfort suites when I am out of town. The hotel itself is sort of old but beside that everything was good. Our room was large and and very clean. There was no odor but then I always bring my freshener for my rooms. The clerk at the front desk was very helpful in telling us where to eat and how to get there. Breakfast area is small so we had to wait for table buy that was not a problem. Will definite stay again if I am in that area. I found that all reviews are not truthful and everyone will not have or see the problems someone else encounter. If the price is right check place out for yourself. Just one thing do not I mean under no condition follow your GPS direction to hotel.Call to get direction from hotel. My GPS took me on a road that hills went up and down like a roller coaster and through of all things a cemetery. When I told the clerk about this she laugh and said that the way the GPS take all guests. Don't know why when 81 is within a mile of hotel. But hotel itself was cool.

Room Tip: I was in room 315 facing the parking lot.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 15 September 2013

We booked this online on the choice hotels site as an overnight stay on our way home from vacation. It appeared to be a little older then some if the comfort suites I had stayed in but very well maintained. My only negative would be that the beds were double and not queen. We are not large people but still had to get a good night’s sleep in double beds. It was very clean, front desk was very friendly and helpful, breakfast was very good. It is just a few minutes from the Casino which is why we choose it. We were able to spend a couple hours at the casino to break up our trip home.

Room Tip: if there are only 2 of you choose the king size bed
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 September 2013

We just returned from a Thurs./Friday stay at this hotel.
This hotel was very clean, rooms are very spacious. Check in desk was very welcoming, rooms were ready when we arrived. There is more than enough room in each room with the couch area as well as the bed area. there is also a safe in each room. the continental breakfast was very nice, and more than enough food. Just be careful in the shows as they can become very slippery when there is soap on the tub. The hotel was nicer than the Holiday Inn express on the same street, and a lot cheaper. About a 3 minute ride to the Hollywood casino and Penn National race track.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
Gary S, Guest Relations Manager at Comfort Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 15 September 2013

Your faith and trust in our ability to serve you well means so much to us, thank you for choosing to stay with us and sharing to us your overall appreciation. Your wonderful feedback with regards to the entire experience and the notice you gave for the clean and spacious accommodation as well as the welcoming staff in total truly inspires us. You can be assured that we will work hard to maintain all the positive feedback you mentioned and improve more on the aspects you suggested. We couldn’t wait to be of service to you again very soon.

Reviewed 2 September 2013

So myslef ,my daughter,and 2 of her Bff's stayed here because they were promised a day at Hershey.We get to the hotel well ahead of check in time ,we could not check in which was fully understandable.But they did allow the girls to use the restroom so they could all change because they were still in PJs after a 5 hour drive from VA.We go to the park,come back to the room around 230 and it was so hot,humid,sticky and smelly.The guy at the desk explained to me how to use the central air (guess I looked like I had no clue?). So the girls shower,I shower we leave to go back to the park thinking the room would be cooled off.We get back at 11pm and OMG it was just the same.Now I go downstairs to ask what do we do.Now the lady we speak to this time says use the other control.I said if thet does not work,then what? She said Im sorry we are all booked up.So I go back , mess with the other control and it starts to work.Now I have two different sets of staff telling the the complete opposite of each other of what to do.Bottom line is........if you stay in room 301,use the AC that is under the window.Since the small unit on the wall is not labeled (DO NOT USE)...you will go half of your stay with a hot,sticky and smelly room.

Now on the better side of things. I did send the hotel a letter stating my aggrivation.And it was addressed.So hopefully on the next stay ,after a 5 hour drive.We will be able to rest in a room that is cool and not smelly.I understand that the hotel is not brand new.But something can be done about the odor.Maybe bring your own febreeze.Again the room could have been smelly from it being so hot in there,who knows.

The lady who checked us in was probably one of the nicer staff members at the hotel but I did not catch her name.

Quick tips.................. there are no places that deliver food to you at this location,so get food while your out before you come back unless you go to the country bar at the hotel next door,and breakfast is pretty cool................you get to make your own waffles.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Gary S, Guest Relations Manager at Comfort Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 5 September 2013

We wish to let you know that your voice is of utmost importance to us, and it means a lot to us to know that you have made an effort to inform us of the things we may need to improve to better our services in total. Thank you for choosing to stay with us and pin pointing the deficiencies you found with regards to the unpleasant room smell as well as the problems encountered with the AC unit. Rest assured that you have been heard and proper modifications will be implemented in the best possible way so that we may avoid such instances in the future. Thank you for the opportunity to grow and improve more and we certainly hope to be of service to you again very soon.