“Awful”

Ranked #5 of 9 Hotels in Grantville
Austin, Texas
“Awful”
Reviewed 22 October 2013 via mobile

This hotel was awful. The room smelled dingy. The service was awful. The attendant at night was wearing a hoody, and his pants were worn in the "gangster" fashion (with them hanging down below his rear end). It was a very unprofessional environment. I'm a loyal Comfort Suites person. This is NOT worthy of the Comfort Suites name. It should be downgraded to an Econo Lodge, if that.

Stayed October 2013

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (84)
Pennsylvania
Reviewed 20 October 2013

Just got back from another stay at the Comfort Suites, as usual the room was clean and comfortable. We arrived early, but the staff was friendly and left us check in right away. Close to the casino and a few places to eat. Will stay again and would recommend to others.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Richmond, Indiana
Reviewed 19 October 2013 via mobile

Nice people but the room was cold and extremely noisy. The interstate seemed to run through our room all night. Hard beds and two hours sleep . Never again. For a hundred and thirty five dollars no bargain at all. We just can't recommend this place at all.

Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
Sulphur, Louisiana
Reviewed 9 October 2013

Very clean and quiet.We normally stay at choice hotels and they are a great value.We were going to Hershey and it was close to it.Room was spacious and clean and the bed was very comfortable.Breakfast was hot and fresh.Would stay again the next time we are in the area.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
MD
Reviewed 30 September 2013

It's becoming a yearly trip for me and a friend to travel to Hershey and Grantville. The Comfort Suites is always quiet and clean. The hotel is just off I-81, but we've never had a noise issue. We enjoy the hot breakfast and are happy to return every fall. The staff is friendly and helpful, too.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
Orlando
Reviewed 17 September 2013

So I book this hotel with doubt after reading all the negative reviews simply because I usually stay at comfort suites when I am out of town. The hotel itself is sort of old but beside that everything was good. Our room was large and and very clean. There was no odor but then I always bring my freshener for my rooms. The clerk at the front desk was very helpful in telling us where to eat and how to get there. Breakfast area is small so we had to wait for table buy that was not a problem. Will definite stay again if I am in that area. I found that all reviews are not truthful and everyone will not have or see the problems someone else encounter. If the price is right check place out for yourself. Just one thing do not I mean under no condition follow your GPS direction to hotel.Call to get direction from hotel. My GPS took me on a road that hills went up and down like a roller coaster and through of all things a cemetery. When I told the clerk about this she laugh and said that the way the GPS take all guests. Don't know why when 81 is within a mile of hotel. But hotel itself was cool.

Room Tip: I was in room 315 facing the parking lot.
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
Agawam, Massachusetts
Reviewed 15 September 2013

We booked this online on the choice hotels site as an overnight stay on our way home from vacation. It appeared to be a little older then some if the comfort suites I had stayed in but very well maintained. My only negative would be that the beds were double and not queen. We are not large people but still had to get a good night’s sleep in double beds. It was very clean, front desk was very friendly and helpful, breakfast was very good. It is just a few minutes from the Casino which is why we choose it. We were able to spend a couple hours at the casino to break up our trip home.

Room Tip: if there are only 2 of you choose the king size bed
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Grantville
MainStay Suites
MainStay Suites
#4 of 9 in Grantville
Days Inn Grantville
Days Inn Grantville
#3 of 9 in Grantville
Hampton Inn Harrisburg / Grantville / Hershey
Holiday Inn Harrisburg/Hershey
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Harrisburg Northeast (Hershey)
La Quinta Inn & Suites Harrisburg Hershey

Been to Comfort Suites? Share your experiences!