“Good Value for Visiting Hershey Park !!!!”
Review of Comfort Suites

Comfort Suites
Ranked #6 of 8 Hotels in Grantville
Reviewed 23 June 2014

Our stay was from June 21st to June 22nd, 2014. We stayed in room #222. The room had 2 double beds, partial room divider, sofabed, coffer maker, microwave, mini refrigerator and was very nicely decorated and extremely clean. The mattress was one of the MOST comfortable that I have sleep on while traveling, was also given the ability to select soft or firm pillows. The FREE continental breakfast was just that FREE, now it did have Belgium waffles, cold cereals, scrambled eggs and sausage patties, assortment of fresh fruits and a small selection of Danishes, bagels and breads along with coffee, tea, milk and yogurt. If, you plan on taking advantage of the FREE breakfast, please arrive early as the space is VERY limited otherwise it becomes very hectic very quickly. Wouldn’t hesitate staying here in the future and would highly recommend to family and friends. We encountered 2 issues with the room, the traffic noise from Interstate 81 when checking in please request a room on the front side of the building away from the Interstate. Being 6 feet tall when using the shower you will literally need to bend under the shower head, I actually believe the shower is more suitable for the SMURFS / MUNCHKINS.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank UMTERPS1995

Reviewed 29 May 2014

We stayed here on memorial day weekend of 2014. The hotel was great and spacious. I would suggest this for families. The breakfast was good. The room which we got was 212 and the drawback was that it was facing the highway and the sound bothered me as i am a light sleeper. But overall everything was good. kids enjoyed the pool .

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 28 May 2014 via mobile

One night stay. Cleanly room, polite staff, good continental breakfast, wonderful price. While it is very convenient to get to, right off of 81, there is not much in the close vicinity other than a gas station and casino.

• Stayed: November 2013
Reviewed 22 April 2014

When we checked the room the reception had given us, we immediately heard the very loud highway traffic noise and we knew it would bother us all night. The room was facing the highway, which is located a few hundred feet from the hotel, and the wall is not soundproof. We asked for another room, and reception said no. Being a choice privileges member, we had reserved in advance and we had asked for a quiet room. But the reception told us they had never received our request for a quiet room. When I asked to speak to the manager, reception told me that the manager will be in the next day! I said I want another room or a refund so I could go to the next hotel and get a quiet room. Reception said that since it was after 6 PM, they would not give us a refund, and that the hotel was full and they would not give us another room either.

We went out to eat and went to bed after that, since it was getting late. We slept only a couple of hours during the night, having to deal with loud truck noises all night. In the morning, my wife said she found that the bed smelled bad. We checked the bed more thoroughly only to discover that the mattress cover (pad) and the duvet cover had huge yellow urine stains. We felt sick and disgusted, there is absolutely no way that housekeeping had not seen these huge urine stains. I have enclosed 2 of the pictures I took of some of these stains, one picture from the mattress cover and the other from the duvet sheet. I cannot understand that Comfort Suites does not require their staff to immediately wash the mattress cover (pad) and the duvet cover sheet when someone urinates on them. I thought Choice hotels had higher standards. In the last few months, I have been consistently disappointed with the hotels from the Choice hotels group. This is the last straw. I will never stay in their hotels again.

Room Tip: Check your bed for urine stains, avoid the highway side, do not pay in advance
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
4  Thank GBand
Reviewed 5 April 2014

We stayed here last night. We had a king suite (with the 2person tub). The room was very clean! Tub was great. The bed was the most comfortable bed ever and the pillows too! Breakfast was delicious! Waffles, cereal, toast, eggs, sausage, coffee, etc.. convenient 2 minute drive to casino and only a second off the highway! We are looking for an excuse to stay again. Very pleased!

Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 March 2014

Another great stay at the Comfort Suites. We got there early and our room was not ready yet, but they gave us another room that was so we didn't have to come back later to check in. Staff is always friendly and the rooms are large and comfortably. We would recommend this hotel, compared to other hotels in the area, this is very reasonably priced.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 March 2014

After traveling from MD we went to one hotel and it was like being at the Bates Motel the worst hotel I've ever seen. We then left there and started searching for a better hotel. We came across the Comfort Suites. The hotel was clean, front desk was so pleasant and the room were so large and comfortable. It was like going from hell to the Westin. I highly recommend this hotel to anyone

• Stayed: March 2014
Also consider these accommodations in or near Grantville
Holiday Inn Harrisburg-Hershey
3 mi away
Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, Harrisburg Northeast (Hershey), PA
3 mi away
La Quinta Inn & Suites Harrisburg Hershey

Been to Comfort Suites? Share your experiences!