“Scratch off lottery tickets have more personality and less attitude.”
Review of Mountain View

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Mountain View
Reserve with OpenTable
Mountain View is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #11 of 15 Restaurants in Grantville
Price range: US$31 - US$50
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: I-81, Exit 80
Reviewed 16 May 2014

My buddy and I were having BBQ at Shakedown (highly recommended) and decided to stop i and check out the casino. We got stopped trying to enter and there was a hold up because my buddy had to show his PA state issued paper ID with his expired DL (this is how PA does things). I can appreciate a few minute hold up but we were told after waiting 10 mins it was going to be a while for a supervisor to get there. The place looked cool but we said 'forget it' and left. We were walking down the ramp to the parking lot when a guy in the passenger side of a SUV yelled out his window "go back to the desk". We both said forget it we are leaving. He asked if we were the guys wit he ID issue and we said yes. He said we should come back all while in the car. I said "too late, I am writing my review and he said "good then" and sped off. Why can't anyone just start off with an apology??

The woman checking IDs at the entrance was very nice, it's a shame her supervisor was so obnoxious.

Reviewed 15 March 2014

Excited to celebrate my husband and sisters Birthday's we decided to splurge and eat dinner at the Mountain View Restaurant so we could watch the races and have a nice meal!!!! What a mistake! Within 3 hours after eating dinner all 4 of us were violently ill! The poisoning started Saturday night and lasted until Tuesday and to this day we are still not feeling the best! We all missed work at least one day, my husband missed two days! We are all healthy people and during this episode each one of us thought we were going to die! If a child or somebody not very healthy had eaten what we did, I'm not sure if they would have made it through this! We informed the restaurant and they seemed unconcerned and said that we were the only ones that had complained! This is hard for us to believe! We have traveled all over the world and have never been this sick in our lives!! All we wanted to do was celebrate and have a good night! Wow what a mistake! Thanks Hollywood casino and Mountain View for your concern!!!

Reviewed 21 October 2013

Requested and received a window seat for family (2 teenagers). Hostess and server were really great and attentive. We all had the prime rib special which was awesome, if on the menu again, get it. Must admit, at first I ordered the NY strip but returned it due to toughness (then I went with the prime) We all had a blast being at the track, betting and eating. At no time did we feel pressure to hurry or calm down. This is a great place to enjoy something fun and different to do with family or friends. Like that kids can enjoy it too - gambling or not - its just fun to be around horses.

Cant say enough about servers - very top notch.

Reviewed 22 August 2013

My husband and I decided to spend a night in Grantville, Pa and go to the horse races at Hollywood Casino. We had dinner reservations at the Mountain View Restaurant. The food was good and the service was great. It was a fun evening relaxing with dinner and watching the horse races. We are planning our next trip

1  Thank pat d
Reviewed 8 May 2013

The food was not bad, but the service was slow. The staff was covering to many tables. Getting a refill on a drink was impossible. Not worth waiting for.