“My experience at the Comfort Inn”
Review of Comfort Inn

Comfort Inn
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Greencastle
Reviewed 26 June 2013

It was quite a pleasure to stay at this particular hotel, excellent management, excellent front desk, and excellent house keeping. I was very pleased with my stay here. I highly recommend this establishment and would like to give a special thanks to house keeping for always providing detail and expert efforts in maintaining my room from day to day.
Lee Rembert

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled on business
PA106, General Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 28 June 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. We appreciate your wonderful words about our hotel. My staff appreciates your recognition of their hard work. It is great to know our efforts are rewarded. We look forward to booking your next reservation. Thank you again for choosing to stay with us.

Reviewed 23 June 2013

Easy access from I-81, comfortable, clean, priced well. What's not too like. A honey moon destination.......nah...........a traveler's stop along the way.......sure. Good for families on a budget.

Breakfast room is more than adequate. I'll keep this place in mind if I pass this way again.

Room Tip: First floor seems to have the smoking rooms.
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Hugh S

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. We appreciate your honesty and kind words. Our goal is to provide great service and value. We look forward to booking your next reservation soon. Thank you again for choosing to stay with us.

Reviewed 31 May 2013

I stayed here for one night when business took me to the area. After researching the other lodging options in Greencastle on-line, I opted to stay at the Comfort Inn and was very happy with my decision. A travel coupon brought the total bill to $60, which is a bit more than I usually pay for a room, but was a pretty good price for the area and it was a very good price for this property. The young lady who checked me in was friendly, efficient, and helpful. My room came with a larger than average room fridge, a microwave, and a digitally operated safe. It was also clean, comfortable and quiet. There was an extensive selection of cable channels and a printed channel guide was provided, which is always greatly appreciated. The wifi was not security enabled, but did provide a strong and reliable signal and there were plenty of outlets to plug in my devices. They provided a large truck / RV lot, but the rest of the parking seemed a bit tight since the lot is shared with a 24 hour fitness facility and a pizza restaurant. A hot breakfast is served and it included waffles, sausage, potatoes, and scrambled eggs, along with a nice selection of pastries. It's nothing that would ever be mistaken as having come out of the kitchen from Denny's or IHOP, but it tasted good and was much better than just having a choice between three cereals. I awoke to an "Express Check-out" receipt that had been placed under my door, which made for an easy departure. The property was conveniently located off of the interstate and was very easy to get to. Overall, this was a very good place to stay the night and I would stay there again without hesitation.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
PA106, General Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 12 June 2013

Thank you for choosing to stay with us. We thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We appreciate your thorough and honest feedback. Our goal is to provide great value and guest service. We look forward to booking your next stay soon. Thank you again for choosing to stay with us.

Reviewed 5 May 2013

Stayed here one night while traveling through the area with friends. Our rooms were spacious and clean. The desk clerk was very helpful and friendly at check in. The breakfast room attendant was wonderful and added a cheerful tone to the breakfast room. Would stay here again if in the area.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
PA106, General Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 6 May 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write about your overnight experience. We value all our guest. Thank you so much for your kind words about our hotel. We look forward to accommodating you in the future. We strive to provide the best guest service and value in our area. Thank you again for choosing to stay with us.

Reviewed 20 April 2013

First impression hits you right in the face when you enter the lobby, stale cigarette smoke, 1st floor hallways and elevator reek of it, would never give the property a full 4 until this problem is rectified. Fortunately our 2nd floor room had none of this issue. Refrigerator in our room (211) didn't seem to function but with a one night stay not really an issue. Shower/tub adjustment was also not very good. The room was very clean and other than some door banging in the early evening, our stay was very quiet. Good internet connection & speed. The breakfast had hot items as well as the normal pastry selection. Would not hesitate to stay here again. Just a note SB reentry to I81 is a bit of pain.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
PA106, General Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 22 April 2013

We thank you for choosing to stay with us. I apologize for the stale smoke smell which we will be eliminating soon. We are in fact renovating the first flour and as of May 20, 2013 we will be a completely smoke free hotel. We thank you for your honest review. Your honesty helps us address our deficiencies. We look forward to your next stay with us. Thank you again for staying with us.

Reviewed 23 January 2013

We recenly had a business trip.to Upton and decided to give the Comfor Inn a try. Best choice we made. At check in, Michelle was awsome. She was very pleasant and informative. When we arrived in our room, we were very surprised at how nice it was, We are smokers and even though it was a smoking room it smelled very nice. The bed was comfortable. For someone that have a bad back this is very important, The resturant next door is a Brothers Pizza and we were very pleased with the food and the service. It is connected to the hotel so you dont have to go outside to get to it.
When reading the reviews everyone ranted about the breakfast....so of course I had to check it out. It is everything and more (for a hotel)
I would say that they need to definatly rate this hotel differently.****

Room Tip: Great location. Just off the highway
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled on business
PA106, General Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 25 January 2013

Thank you for choosing to stay with us. I am so happy your stay exceeded your expectations. When we receive a great review, it makes the entire feel special knowing our hard work is appreciated. Thank you so much for taking the time to write a wonderful review about your stay. We thank you again for choosing to stay with us. We look forward to seeing you real soon.

Reviewed 17 January 2013

Hotel was easy to find. Upon arrival we were greeted by Mechelle who was very pleasant and gave great local directions. Hotel is very clean. There is a Brother's Pizza at the hotel and the food is very reasonable and delicious.

Stayed: January 2013, travelled on business
PA106, General Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 23 January 2013

Thank you for your kind words. I let Mechele read your compliments about her guest service. She is very delighted. We appreciate the time taken to write about your stay with us. We welcome guest feedback in order to keeping progressing toward our guest service goals. We are very glad you enjoyed your stay and we look forward to accommodating you on any future travels. Thank you again for choosing to book with us.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Greencastle
Super 8 Greencastle
Super 8 Greencastle
#2 of 4 in Greencastle
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Hagerstown
Hampton Inn Hagerstown - I-81
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Hagerstown
Quality Inn & Suites Hagerstown
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Chambersburg

Been to Comfort Inn? Share your experiences!