“Very nice stay”

Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Greencastle
Wallkill
“Very nice stay”
Reviewed 10 August 2014

We stayed at the Comfort Inn for just one night. We picked it from a coupon book because it had truck parking. The room was so nice, just remodeled, beds were very comfortable. The staff was very friendly. The breakfast was excellent. We were very surprised how inexpensive the room rate was, since it was such a nice hotel. It worked well for us that the restaurant was adjacent, since we were in a truck. The food was delicious there too. In all, it was a comfortable and pleasant stay, and we would definitely stay again if we were in the area.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
Saint Louis, Missouri
Reviewed 4 August 2014

SAFE CHARGE WARNING! This is one of my pet peeves, hotels trying to sneak a few extra dollars from travelers with the "Safe Charge". At least it was listed on the form that you initial at check in so I could easily asked to have it removed, which it was. The attached Pizza restaurant was very convenient. The breakfast area was clean with an attendant to restock and assist guests with questions.
Our room (120) was nice and almost newly renovated. The towel rack hadn't been installed yet so housekeeping stacked all the towels on the tub rim which meant they had to be moved somewhere else to use the tub. Also above the closet was a section of drywall that still needed to be taped and painted. By now both of these things have probably been corrected. Most of the rooms around us seemed to be unoccupied and looked like they were also being renovated.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Wilmore, Kentucky
Reviewed 15 July 2014

Overall a great place to stay. Easy and friendly check-in, we arrived around 11PM. We were placed on 3rd floor (room 309), large room with King-size bed, microwave and refrigerator. Very comfortable and quiet. Made reservations while traveling on the road about 3 hours out - down the road. Got decent rates using AARP discount. We had a good nights rest. A full and hot breakfast, I had the waffles and scrambled eggs, fresh bananas and coffee. There was sausage biscuits and gravy, cold cereal and danish as well. Worth the price and overnight stop. Only negative thing was the interstate construction near the hotel which caused us to drive an extra 2 miles down the road to circle back so that we could exit and get to the hotel.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
PA106, Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this review, 9 September 2014
Dear Donald,

Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay with us. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your visit at our hotel. We hope to see you again when you are in our area.
Portsmouth, New Hampshire
Reviewed 15 July 2014

I was forced to this comfort inn as I was too sleepy to drive on and all other accommodations in the area were booked. I usually stay at Hampton or Fairfield Inns on road trips because I value their cleanliness. When I walked in to this Comfort Inn I was alarmed by the extremely filthy lobby carpet. When I walked down the hall to my room my alarm increased due to the musty smell and loose carpet. I was a little relieved when I first opened my room door and saw that the room was updated and had nice looking furniture and beds. My alarm retuned when I stepped into the room and discovered it reeked of mildew-yuck! This hotel is a perfect example of why I carry Lysol with me on road trips. I will say that the beds were clean and comfortable, but if
you have mold allergies, steer clear of this establishment.
Finally, the rate was no bargain. Same as a Hampton Inn, but dirty, no pool, mediocre service, and mildew.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank cc_explorer
PA106, Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this review, 9 September 2014
Dear Traveler,

Thank you for your response to our trip advisor page in regards to your stay at our hotel. I apologize that we did not meet your expectations. We strive to provide 100% satisfaction to all our guests. We have recently renovated and replaced all carpet as well as furniture in our rooms. We hope that if you are in our area again you will give us another chance to provide you with above satisfaction service that strive to give all our guests.
middletown, ri
Reviewed 15 July 2014

we were extremely happy with our room. nice comfortable beds, good breakfast, easy to find. i would definitely recommend this place. one thing, change sofa in lobby. that do not reflect overall property. but as i said extremely happy with our stay

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
PA106, Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this review, 25 August 2014
Thank you for your time to review our hotel. We are glad to see that you enjoyed your stay with us. We have recently been through renovations and there has been many changes and updates. We look forward to seeing you again soon.
Augusta, Georgia
Reviewed 26 June 2014

The check-in process was great especially considering we were checking in after midnight. It is right of the I-81 so perfect for a stop. The person at the front desk was very friendly and quickly got us checked in so we could go to bed. The room was nice and had a fridge and microwave. There were two nice beds with enough pillows to satisfy anyone’s need. We were in room 111. The carpet felt a bit wet so I wouldn’t walk barefoot. The room served our needs.
The breakfast that was included consisted of two waffle makers, cereal, some fruit, milk, coffee, juice, yogurt and toast. There were also some eggs and sausage available. The lady taking care of the area was very friendly and made sure everything was well stocked.
The only issue we really had which was minor, before going to breakfast we wanted to know what the password to the internet was and we waited for at least 10-15 minutes at the front desk to get assistance. Eventually we asked one of the other employees who was just walking by and she went and found out for us.
By the time we were ready to check out there was someone at the front desk and it went very quickly.
I was too tired to take pictures so I don't have any this time.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
PA106, Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this review, 22 July 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I do apologize for any issues with your room. We are currently renovating our entire hotel. I hope you choose to stay again. Our goal is to provide a better overall guest experience once our remodel is complete.
Thank you again for your nice review.
Peekskill, New York
Reviewed 25 June 2014

I reserved this room a few days in advance for our drive from the Smoky Mts back to NY. I chose this hotel based on the reviews. We travel with our dog so need "pet friendly" hotels. This should not mean that we are placed in a smelly room and charged an additional $10 for the stay. When we entered the room, room 110, the musty smell was terrible but we thought that with the AC turned up that it would improve. I drove into the town and bought a bottle of Febreeze. The front desk phoned shortly after I got back with the Febreeze and asked if everything was okay. My husband told them that the room smelled terribly musty and they offered "Spray". He told them that I already bought some and they said they would speak with housekeeping about the room. Let me say this, there is no way that this is housekeepings fault. The rug was so gross that we got beach towels and blankets out of our truck and covered the floor because we did not want our clean dog lying on the rug. The AC unit was loud, inadequate and smelled. I invite the manager to spend a night in this room on a hot night (or any night) and decide if they should ever book this room again prior to a gut rehab.
That being said, the rest of the hotel was clean, the breakfast area was small but well stocked (we did not stay, the room experience was enough), and there was plenty of places to walk our dog.
When I checked out I was not asked how our stay was. Maybe because I was in room 110.
I have never left a review like this but this was a disgrace.

Room Tip: Beware of pet friendly rooms. Stay out of 110.