“my stay”

Super 8 Greencastle
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Greencastle

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Green Castle
Reviewed 30 April 2014

I had a roadside breakdown and was forced to spend the night waiting for a repair service. The Staff was very friendly and gave me a little discount for my situation. This Super 8 is under new management and they are in the process of redoing every room, so not all the rooms were open yet. The rooms that are open are fresh and new with new beds. I had the King size and it was very comfortable. The TV was the old tube style as the flat screen TVs that were ordered had not come in yet. Still the TV service had tons of channels as it might be premium cable service. The internet was very easy for all my devices to connect to and the speed was excellent. I did watch some Amazon videos on my computer with no interruptions. They offer a small continental breakfast but I chose to walk 50 yards to McDonald's for breakfast. There is a great TA dinner across the street with good food at great prices. There are other places for food and convenience that made this Super 8 and super place to be stranded. It was a great place to stay.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Super 8

Bo P, Manager at Super 8 Greencastle, responded to this review, 23 January 2015
Sorry for the delayed response to your review but we sincerely appreciate you taking the time to review your stay with us and hope to see you again on a future stay!
PORT RICHEY
Reviewed 9 April 2014

Traveled for business with my wife, the hotel took me off the corporate rate even though my company knew my wife was with me corporate reservation was $362.38. When we checked out we got a receipt for $326.13, they hit our bank account for $393.42. Called to try to straighten this out the woman on the phone would not listen that they had made an error, told us what they hit our bank account for was right. They did not inform us they were hitting our bank for more money than the receipt nor that they took us off the corporate rate. Calling the BBB first thing tomorrow. I can't submit an expense report without losing money. NEVER staying here again! Also watched them charge an out of country traveler $100 in CASH deposit for a room, luckily the man made them put it on the receipt so he got it back. Not to mention they are in the process of remodeling the hotel so our room was partially done.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Bo P, Manager at Super 8 Greencastle, responded to this review, 23 January 2015
Sorry for the delayed response to your review but we sincerely appreciate you taking the time to review your stay with us. I'm sorry that you had some discrepancies with your bill while you were here but I can assure you there was no kind of scam taking place. We hope to see you again on a future stay!
Baltimore, Maryland
Reviewed 31 March 2014

It has very nice and fluffy beds and pillows. The rooms have a fridge and microwave And new pictures in the rooms and the desk ladie is really nice and is always smiley i would remanded this hotel to all my friends and family thanks

• Stayed March 2014
Greencastle, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 21 January 2014

I have stayed in this hotel a few times. It has very nice and fluffy beds and pillows. The rooms have a fridge and microwave. The managers are very nice and very welcoming whenever you arrive. The location is great, right off of the highway and close to gas stations and food. Def try it out!

• Stayed January 2014
Greencastle, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 17 January 2014

The Service was good. I stayed here a month and the staff was very friendly and helpful and kept the room clean. I was given an excellent rate for the time I was here. The location is a good location, right off highway I-81 north and south bound, exit-5. There is McDonald right, Subway and a Laundry mat and other.

I would recommend everyone including my friends and family to come and stay because of responsible rate. The pricing at this hotel is the best way to go in this kind of economy, to other comparable rates.

Josiah H. Goddard

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
Bo P, Manager at Super 8 Greencastle, responded to this review, 23 January 2015
Also consider these accommodations in or near Greencastle
Comfort Inn
Sleep Inn & Suites Chambersburg
Sleep Inn & Suites Chambersburg
#7 of 16 in Chambersburg
Hampton Inn Hagerstown - I-81

Been to Super 8 Greencastle? Share your experiences!