“Average”

Ranked #9 of 10 Hotels in Greensburg
Charleston, South Carolina
“Average”
Reviewed 29 March 2014

location of hotel is ok, price is a bit on the high end, non smoking rooms smelled like an ash tray, has a descent swimming pool and basic fitness room, continental breakfast was ok.
Next door to hotel there is a red lobster.

Room Tip: Average rooms
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank HDDR311

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 21 December 2013

My husband and I stayed here recently when visiting friends. The staff was very friendly and accommodating. Not sure about the rest of the facilities, but our rooms were not as clean as we would have expected. The blanket had some kind of stain on it, as did the chair. The notice in the bathroom said to leave the towels on the floor if you wanted them changed so we left them on the floor when we left for the day. Some (not all) of the wet towels were still on the floor when we got back to the room after being out all day. The beds were also kind of squeaky.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank emm265
Lower Burrell, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 12 November 2013 via mobile

First thing we noticed was laundry room right in front window next to front desk. Very unusual from our frequent travel. Found out front desk staff do laundry too. Very unusual. Front desk person tried to fix phone twice but second phone did not work either. Very unusual for this chain that front desk person would even attempt this. Attempt at using lift into pool refused despite awkwardness of steps for me was scary due to obesity. It would use too much battery power. Manager got into pool with me though to make sure I was ok!!! My standards are high but they tried so hard to make me happy despite their challenging apparent guidelines they are to follow. I have found that owners from India have different standards for hospitality than in America. Excellent value and good quality compared to others in area. One of few with a pool! I would go back.

• Stayed October 2013
1 Thank Linda D
Boyers PA
Reviewed 14 October 2013

This hotel was convenient to the Pittsburgh Raceway
We spent the weekend at the track then went to the hotel for late check in and the staff were very friendly

Convenient to restaurants and shopping as well

Pool looked nice
Smoke free is nice plus

breakfast is real good

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Tonidesteelerfan
Morgantown, West Virginia
Reviewed 23 September 2013

The hotel was clean. Kids enjoyed indoor pool. The complimentary breakfast was very good - muffins, danishes, biscuits & gravy, waffles and more. If you're visiting Idlewild good place to stay. They are just about 15 minutes down the road from one another. The hotel is immediately next door to a Red Lobster.

Room Tip: If you're a member of ChoiceHotels you can save on the reservation by booking a little ahead.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 1 August 2013

When we entered our room we immediately smelled cigarette smoke, which was ironic because there was a "This is a 100% smoke free hotel" sign sitting on the dresser. As we explored the room, we noticed that the refridgerator was missing and the toliet did not flush. The staff switched our rooms. When we entered the new room, it smelled musty like mildew instead of cigarettes. We bought frebreeze in an attempt to neutralize the odor and ended up using nearly half the bottle. When I pulled down the covers, I noticed hairs on the sheets that didn't belong to anyone in my party. The bathroom didn't appear to be properly clean. There was mold and soap scum visible.

I believe it is little details like this that can make or break your stay at a hotel. Cosmetically, the hotel looks nice and appealing. This first impression was ruined with the smell and lack of cleanliness. It's not the worst hotel, but I believe there are better options for the price.

• Stayed August 2013

Travellers are raving about these Greensburg hotels

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 20 July 2013

Recently my family traveled to Idlewild Park and spent the night at The Comfort Inn in Greensburg. Although the Inn is older and due for a face lift, it was clean and comfortable. The staff especially were very accommodating. When we arrived we had reservations for 2 rooms and requested a crib in 1 room. Monica, the person at the front desk, went to the room before we did to make sure that the crib was there. I also needed extra shampoo & conditioner and received more than I had asked for. The breakfast was good, too; along with the Idlewild facts I received from Dick, he was at the front desk early in the morning (before 7). I read review about the staff being rude, and I would totally disagree. Oh, no squeaky beds either!!! We will definitely return when we do Idlewild again.

Room Tip: Good value; will definitely return.
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank 952Carol
Also consider these accommodations in or near Greensburg
Ramada Greensburg Hotel and Conference Center
Knights Inn Greensburg
Knights Inn Greensburg
#8 of 10 in Greensburg
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Greensburg

Been to Quality Inn? Share your experiences!