“Overflow”

Ranked #6 of 10 Hotels in Greensburg
Corpus Christi
“Overflow”
Reviewed 20 August 2014

I was going to stay at the Ramada on the other side of the road. The hotel unfortunately was sold out. The desk clerk at the Ramada recommended this Super 8 as an alternative; good advice. Super 8 had everything I needed at a good price. The room was clean and quiet which was nice. If the situation were the same today I would pick the Super 8 again as my alternate plan.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Super 8

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Greensburg, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 14 August 2014

I live here locally and had to grab a room on short notice for just one night. I searched online for best deals in town as I did not want to stay outside of Greensburg. Only 3 hotels were under a hundred dollars and the 2 cheapest are in bad shape. This hotel was perfect. I reserved a non smoking 2 double bed room. There was a hint of cigarette smell in the room but not horrible. The bathroom was very clean and well stocked of towels, soap, and also had a hair dryer. The remainder of the room was also very clean. You can tell the hotel is a little older than a lot of the other hotels in the area but it's well cared for. Even if I had to stay here for a week I would do it in a heartbeat. Unlike rodeway, the WiFi here works great. The rooms are ten times cleaner. Ice machine works and there is far more vending. Beds are so much more comfortable. Jack, the front desk clerk was polite and check in was a breeze. Unless you are looking for a 4 or 5 star hotel, this is the best deal in town .

• Stayed August 2014, travelled solo
Bristol, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 23 July 2014

We have stayed at this hotel a few times for a family reunion nearby. The rooms are clean and the price is reasonable. The pillows could be a little better and don't get a room near the lobby. They have a complimentary breakfast, which I honestly have not tried, but the noise will wake you up earlier than you would like. I'll know better next time and ask for a different room. There are many restaurants and a mall close by. A word of caution....this hotel is really busy during Steelers Training Camp so plan early.

Room Tip: pick a room away from the lobby
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 22 July 2014

I have been using this property every year for several years. very convenient location, clean rooms and economical. The staff is friendly and helpful. I have to admit though that the facility is going down hill and is in drastic need of updates. It is an economy hotel but still for the price the property could be updated and better maintained. The breakfast is little more than cereal and the lobby where it is served is stiflingly hot and the air conditioning is seldom used. As much as I have enjoyed my stays over the years I believe I will be finding new accommodations in 2015. I spend 6 days here every year and I think for the price and eating breakfast out I would be better off spending a little more elsewhere.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Kennedy, New York
Reviewed 8 July 2014

The first night when my husband got into bed he laid in something wet, he went to the front desk and asked to be moved to a new room. They gave us a new room ok, still didn't say too much about this even though we had to carry 2 sleeping children down the hall after midnight. The second night when we got back to the room it had not been cleaned there were no clean towels and the pile of dirty towels was still laying on the bathroom floor. I went to the front desk and asked for some clean towels, I told them maybe the thought the room was cleaned because out of habit I had made the beds that morning but the desk clerk said no that room should have been cleaned. I then asked if we had done something to offend them because I felt we were being treated badly and she said oh no I'm sure it was just overlooked, then she said the owner checked out the bed in the first room we stayed in and it was not wet. This upset me because why on earth would I request to change rooms in the middle of the night from a smoking to a non-smoking and to have to move 2 sleeping children. I asked if we could speak to the owner and was told no he doesn't handle any of the problems I would have to wait until Mon. and talk to the manager. The next morning while my husband was showering I thought I would take my 5 year old out to the car and get her shoes when I was approached by a cleaning women who asked if she could speak to me. She said I would just like to tell you that I checked that room myself and you had clean towels and there were no dirty towels on the floor, she said her sister cleaned the room and she checked. I said are you calling me a liar...I made the beds myself that morning and how on earth would I have that many dirty towels if they were taken out.
She continued to tell me in a loud rude voice that I was lying and after a few minutes I said you know I am done being called a liar by people in this hotel and treated like crap, we are getting our stuff and getting out of here. I went back into the room and told my husband who then went to the front desk and demanded to talk to the manager and once again they told us not until Mon. by this time he was mad and asked for the owner who at the time we didn't realize was standing there and slipped away. I feel the manager should have been called right away and really the owner to hide what kind of person is this. The sad part is I stayed at this hotel 8 years ago and had such a great experience that I recommended it to our relatives who also stayed down the hall from us. "wow" have things changed. I will say when my husband got a hold of the manager she did listen to us and apologize but said the cleaning lady would be wrote up, I feel she should have been fired no questions about it wrote up. The employees can speak to the customers and get a slap on the hand. I will say the manager did take care of one of our nights but in my opinion she can't take back the horrible experience we had and the way we were treated. I will never stay in this hotel again and you couldn't apologize enough for how myself and my family was treated.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
4 Thank 616BrendaR

Travellers are raving about these Greensburg hotels