“Best Restaurant In Greensburg”
Review of Solstice Restaurant and Lounge - CLOSED

Solstice Restaurant and Lounge
Price range: US$10 - US$30
Dining options: Reservations
Description: We are a 50 seat upscale casual restaurant that features world cuisine using local sustainable agriculture. Our casual chic lounge seats 30 people comfortably. We also offer 30 seasonal seats on our outdoor patio that gives our customers a front row seat while Chef Gary prepares their dishes. We offer 20 wines by the glass, 6 draft microbrewed beers, and other specialty crafted bottled beers from around the world. Solstice's casual atmosphere is sure to please any of our customers. We also host private parties or off site catering jobs. If you have an idea Solstice can make it happen.
Reviewed 12 June 2012

Have tried all the restaurants in the area. Always come back to Solstice. Excellent menu, service and food. You won't be disappointed.

Reviewed 7 June 2012

We had a Groupon type thing for Solstice and decided to give it a try. We had a drink at the bar first and then sat out on the deck for our meal. The bartender was really nice and helpful in suggesting beers. They have a nice beer and liquor selection. Bar is small but has a couple TVs. the deck outside was in the middle of the parking lot and right next to a house where they were playing basketball. Not the most romantic setting, but it worked fine.

We ordered a spinach and artichoke dip as an appetizer that was excellent. The service was good. Never wanting for another beer or more water. Although one of the attendants did spill water all over our table while he was refilling my glass and just left without cleaning up. Thankfully, there was an extra roll of silverware, so I used that napkin to clean it up.

I looked at the menu on line before we came and was looking forward to the short ribs. It was still on the menu that they passed out, but when I went to order it the waitress made a face and said they didn't have any. She said they were getting a new menu and the short ribs was not going to be on it. Not sure why they wouldn't have them available until the new menu was out, but oh well. I did hear the table next to us order it as well. The waitress went ahead and told me they were out of the fillet as well. it is a small menu to begin with and then they are out of 2 items that I would like. Not a great way to run a restaurant on a Saturday night.

I ended up getting the Steak Frites which was cooked just like I ordered and came with some nice french fries. The steak was not super flavorful, but certainly more than acceptable. My wife ordered the Asiago chicken and enjoyed it. The panchetta made for some nice play against the asiago.

The food was priced fairly, but the alcohol seemed a little pricey.

Overall we had a nice evening. The atmosphere and menu issues didn't interfere with our having a enjoyable time, but it did leave a lasting impression. Couple that with good, but not great food, and I am not sure we will go again.

Reviewed 4 June 2012

Having eaten in this building under so many different owners over the past forty years, our encounter with the current version was a pleasant surprise. Meeting some friends in the unique bar area was very enjoyable. A friendly bartender kept us amused as we waited for our table. That was the only downside. Our table was virtually in a hallway and a bir small for four people, all problems that were forgotten when the food arrived.

All of us choice from the daily specials and none of us were disappointed. The quality and presentation of all of the food was excellent. Not what I expected in the old "bar and grill" of yesteryears.

Definately recommend this restaurant.

Reviewed 15 April 2012

Eaten at Solstice several times. Food is good however menu is somewhat limited. Had service issues (slow). Sometimes it's a good experience other times not so much. Lounge atmosphere is nice however the dining room is very basic.

1  Thank laceylouise
Reviewed 22 February 2012

Not a chain; good food, nice atmosphere. We always enjoy eating here.

1  Thank Anita S