“Rose, in the lounge was exceptional.. Very friendly, made...”

Ranked #3 of 10 Hotels in Greensburg

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (48)
Chicago
Reviewed 5 August 2014

We were warmly greeted and offered help at checkin, giving us options for dinner in the area. Decided to stay at the hotel as so many restaurants in the area were chains and not very appealing. We were tired from travel and went to dinner at the hotel and had after dinner drinks in the bar after dinner. Our waiter, Sean, was friendly and efficient. Dinner was reasonable and good. The bar staff was also attentive and friendly. The next morning we went to the breakfast buffet which was included. We had made-to-order omelets, breakfast meats, biscuits and gravy, fresh fruit and yogurt. Everything was great except the biscuits and gravy which had no taste. The staff was very attentive, pouring coffee often and clearing tables as needed. The manager checked in with people to make sure if they needed anything. Very impressed.
Our room was very clean, spacious, and quiet. There is a pool and a small fitness room which included a bike, treadmill, and elliptical. Some rooms were being renovated but it did not impact our stay. Overall, a great place.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
DavidCantand0, General Manager at Ramada Greensburg Hotel and Conference Center, responded to this review, 6 August 2014
Dear Guest JabsChicago:

Thank you for being our guests and for the very kind review you have posted on TripAdvisor.com. I am so glad to know that our staff made you feel welcome and that you enjoyed the service provided to you by Sean. Sean is a hospitality management student at one of the Pittsburgh area universities and has worked here during school breaks for the past three years. He is very kind and loves taking care of his guests. We are happy to have him and several other students on our team who are preparing for careers in the hospitality industry. I will be sharing your comments with all of our team members and I know that they will also be delighted to know that you enjoyed your stay.

Thank you again for being our guests and we hope to have the privilege of serving you again in the future.

Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 5 August 2014

I can fault nothing at this hotel. My room was spotless, even in the corners and the drawers where I ALWAYS seem to find dust or crumbs. It was even clean behind the bed. The room and bathroom was spacious and the fridge was clean. The water pressure was great and the shower was spotless and had plenty of space for my toiletries. The bedding and pillows were soft and plush. In general, the room was very "user friendly" and it appears that any upgrades were made with careful thought about the comfort of the guests. They make fresh breakfast to order that was included in my rate, and it was wonderful. The staff was extremely friendly and helpful. I hope I need to travel here again, this hotel was way above and beyond my expectations.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Dear Guest CravingBlue:

Thank you for being our guests and for posting your very nice review on TripAdvisor.com. All of our employees and managers work very hard, to try to make every guest feel welcome and appreciated, and to read what you have written is very gratifying and encouraging. Like in all businesses we need to earn our guests loyalty every day and so we will not relax but will continue to strive to make our hotel the best, most friendly place that it can be.

Cranberry Twp
Reviewed 5 August 2014

I love the new renovations. The lobby is warm and inviting and certainly a great place to sit down and relax. The renovations in the rooms were also nice - I don't generally stay at Ramadas so it was the first time I'd been at one in a while and was pleasantly surprised at the quality of the room and bathroom. The shower had great water pressure which is always a nice amenity. I would have liked a slightly higher quality linens on the beds, but they were ok.

The layout of this hotel, however, is TERRIBLE. To get to my room from the lobby, I had to go through several sets of doors (while carrying my luggage), wind through several hallways, and then had to climb a flight of stairs (again with my luggage) because there was no elevator - this is crazy!!

The hallways all sort of smell like smoke - the room appeared to be smoke-free but I do not believe every room in that hallway was.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the first floor near the lobby or you may have quite a hike to get to your room.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Dear Guest Lauren H:

Thank you for being our guest and for posting your review on TripAdvisor.com. I am glad to know that you liked our renovations but sorry about your disappointment with our layout. Believe it or not, we do have plans to install an elevator, and the elevator is here in one of our storage trailers waiting to be installed. We are waiting until the guest room bathroom renovations are completed. All of our rooms are non-smoking and have been for 5 years but occasionally if a guest is smoking outside and the wind is blowing in the right direction some cigarette smoke can blow into the building. I apologize if this happened to you. Thank you again for being our guest and we hope to have the privilege of serving you again in the future.

Ramada Greensburg Hotel and Conference Center
Also consider these accommodations in or near Greensburg
Hampton Inn Greensburg
Wingate by Wyndham Latrobe
Knights Inn Greensburg
Knights Inn Greensburg
#8 of 10 in Greensburg

Been to Ramada Greensburg Hotel and Conference Center? Share your experiences!