“shopping trip”

Monroe Heights Hotel
Ranked #4 of 4 Hotels in Grove City

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Hamilton, Canada
Reviewed 30 October 2012

We stayed at the Microtel 2 nights Oct 21 and Oct 22 since we were shopping at the outlet mall. We've stayed here before and it has been a "hit"; but this time it was a definite "miss". Things started out well when we arrived on Sunday - the staff are friendly. Monday's breakfast was okay - coffee is horrible but you can go elsewhere. However, Monday late afternoon there was no hot water - the staff claimed they hoped it would be fixed later that evening. I saw no manager around. Our room lock didn't appear to work, so staff recommended we move to another room. We did that, but still no hot water for bathing. I woke on Tuesday morning with a BITE on my foot and still no hot water - the others in my group were equally unimpressed - not one of the staff mentioned anything about the lack of hot water. In fact, the maid did not know there wasn't hot water when I mentioned that I was bit and they should perhaps check or spray for bed bugs. The lady at the front desk seemed ill-prepared to handle people's concerns and mentioned that she would let the manager know about my concerns. Where was the manager? I actually felt sorry for her for having to deal with everyone. That a manager wouldn't be there after no hot water in a hotel for over 18 hours and wouldn't be there to apologize and offer something, anything .. $20 off your night's stay anyone for no hot water? I was not impressed this time Microtel Grove City - an absentee manager, lack of communications amongst staff and the possibility of bed bugs. I'll be going elsewhere next time.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Mary O
Toronto, Ontario
Reviewed 29 October 2012

We go shopping at the Premium Outlet in Grove City twice per year and always stay at this Microtel. It is NOT a 5 star luxury hotel, if that is what you are looking for, you may as well save yourself the trouble and book somewhere else. It is, however, excellent value for money. A clean place to stay for a night or two while shopping. Front desk staff is always very friendly, rooms are always clean, albeit slightly dated, but clean is more important to me than decor when I am only staying for a night or two. Beds are OK, better than other hotels I have stayed in with a similar rating, but they do not compare to, say, what you would get at a Hilton or Westin. But of course, you are not paying a Hilton or Westin rate for the room! :) Breakfast is included, but the coffee is terrible (take a trip to McDonalds down the road instead). It's a pretty basic continental breakfast, good for a quick snack before leaving, but nothing to write home about!

All in all, I cannot complain about this place based on the price, it is a million times better than many other properties I have stayed at with the same star rating!!! We have stayed at this hotel at least 5 times in the past and expect to continue to stay here for our twice yearly trips to Grove City!

• Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
Towneplace Suites Grove City Mercer/Outlets
Hampton Inn & Suites Grove City
Holiday Inn Express Grove City-Prime Outlet Mall
Candlewood Suites Grove City - Outlet Center

Been to Monroe Heights Hotel? Share your experiences!