“stayed there many times”

Hampton Inn Hanover
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Hanover
Reviewed 31 August 2014

We stay at this hotel as often as possible when we visit the Hanover Pa area. The rooms are very clean, great breakfast, and excellent customer service from the front desk, housekeeping, and all the service personal. We always look forward to staying there.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton
HamptonHanover, General Manager at Hampton Inn Hanover, responded to this reviewResponded 10 September 2014

Thank you so much for taking the time to write about your stay with us. We are so glad you were happy with us and your stay and that we are your preferred hotel in Hanover. I have passed on your kind words to the entire team to let them know what a great job they are doing.

Reviewed 27 August 2014

The stay was nice. All of the staff were friendly and the room was clean and comfortable. The morning breakfast was better than I expected. We were attending a soccer tournament and the hotel made sure everyone on the team was treated well and provided extra laundry bags so we could help keep the hotel as clean as possible given a rainy playing day and gathering areas for the team to meet and organize.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thank you so much for taking the time to write about your stay with us. We are so glad you were happy with us and your stay. I have passed on your kind words to the entire team to let them know what a great job they are doing.

Reviewed 27 August 2014

Awesome accommodations. Spotless, well maintained. Helpful staff and a complimentary hot breakfast that can't be beat. Complimentary in room WiFi access. At the end of Hanover's main drag. Walking distance to all restaurants, box stores, and drug stores.

Reviewed 25 August 2014

The one thing I'll say about the Hampton Inn chain is that it is pretty consistent. You don't expect luxury or ambiance, but you expect a clean hotel with a friendly staff. I stayed at this Hampton Inn, August 22-24, for a soccer tournament that was held in Gettysburg, about 15 miles away. Here are my thoughts:

1) Lobby - It is bigger and a little more modern than hotels of this level. We watched the football game downstairs and there was plenty of comfortable seating and a nice size TV.

2) Amenities - The pool was a typical size for a hotel like this. I didn't go in but it looked to be clean. There is a laundry room with one washer and two dryers. We were allowed to use a meeting room for a team dinner and event.

3) The rooms - They were OK (calling a hotel room "OK" is pretty good coming from me). The mattresses were a little too soft for my taste, almost squishy. But I survived. On my second night, the water began to fill the tub as I showered, which is very nasty. The bathroom was a bit small, but that was no big deal. The linens were clean. Most important to me is that the room and hallway didn't have that carpet powder smell some hotels use to cover up odors or mildew smells. So that made me happy.

4) Customer service - I didn't have to interact much with the staff, but when I did I had no complaints. They all seemed cheerful.

5) The two coolest things about this hotel that I never experienced at other hotels of any level - They give you free bottled water, seemingly as much as you request. I'm sure they may have a limit, but when they gave me one they asked if i needed another. But they don't really advertise it. I was about to buy a bottle in their mini mart and that's when the front desk person told me that they give away free ones. She said some people prefer larger bottles so they purchase one. I just asked for two free bottles, which was more than the larger bottle that they were selling.
They have Direct TV in every room. So you can watch TV as if you were home. I've never been to a hotel that had full cable or satellite television.

6) Breakfast - It's free, like most Hampton Inns. They have two waffle makers, which is great because that tends to be a popular breakfast item at hotels like this. Many hotels only have one waffle maker, creating a long and frustrating line.

Location - If you're going to Gettysburg, it might be a little to far to stay here (15 miles away from center of Gettysburg). But it is surrounded by a ton of stores and restaurants, so that helps.

Overall - Not sure if I'll ever have a need to stay in Hanover, PA again. But if I do, I'll return here.

Reviewed 22 August 2014

The service, availability to ammenities , cleanliness, as well as the attention to details was refreshing. This hotel was so quiet, great place to revive yourself. We will definitely come back to stay here in the future. Highly recommended

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 17 August 2014

My husband and I stayed at the Hanover Hampton Inn while visiting family in Hanover. We always stay at Hampton Inns, but this was one of the best we have ever been in! I had to change our plans and they worked with me so I could still use my two free nights. The staff there are very friendly. At breakfast, there is a lady who passes out mints. Not something I'd ever experienced before at a Hampton. ALso, there were chocolate mints left by housekeeping every day. That was a nice suprise. The pool was warm and great for a swim. In the afternoon/evening there is always something in the lobby to munch on. One night we had corn chowder and cookies, also a great snack mix on other nights. Along with the ever present coffee, they have snack bars available to go along with your coffee. We will definatley be staying here on our next vist to the area!!

Reviewed 7 August 2014

This hotel is very clean. The staff is very friendly and helpful. It is kept up well. The bed was comfortable. It has a refrigerator. It is in a good location with stores and restaurants close by. I would highly recommend it.

We look forward to seeing you the next time you are in the area.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Hanover
Holiday Inn Express Hanover
#17 of 26 in York
Courtyard Gettysburg
Courtyard Gettysburg
#17 of 28 in Gettysburg

Been to Hampton Inn Hanover? Share your experiences!